PDA

View Full Version : So here's my rant!

Icerose2300
07-18-2007, 07:25 AM
I was so mad today, Because I started a new game and my wonderful 4 year old has gotten a hold of my Strat. Guide and I was missing some pages! Yes, I know I should have kept it out of his reach, But oh well. Anyways, So I am in the great crystal and that is one of my missing pages. So, instead of getting madder then I was, I pulled a walkthrough up on my computer and just had my Husband guide me through it. (You should have seen him trying to pronounce some of the names of the area)! Anyways, So, I get one walkthrough on the computer and it was so off, I got lost and had to go back to the top of the crystal and get on the computer to find another one!! Well, I find another and I get lost again!! Grrrrrr!! I was mad!! So finally I found one and got thru the crystal no problem!! Now, I am just doing some hunts before the I move on in the game. So, to continue, I was doing the Belito hunt and I wanted to look at it in the guide. So I look for it, Mind you book is messed up, and I find the page I need along with the pages I needed for the crystal!! I told my hubby, First thing in the morning I am going to EB games or Wal-Mart or somewhere and get a new guide!! I am done!! Anyways, Thanks for listening!!:)

LunarWeaver
07-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Further proof children should be killed.

Washington is next
07-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Just my opinion but games are much more fun and rewarding if you don't use a guide, especially XII which is too easy to need a guide.

PeneloRatsbane
07-18-2007, 11:01 AM
yeah but the guide comes with pretty pictures.

No.78
07-18-2007, 06:25 PM
You're kidding, I can't imagine doing Giruvegan without some kind of guide.

BG-57
07-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Navigating the Great Crystal is tricky even with a map. I found copying an online map by hand and then annotating it with room names and whether the staircases branching out of each room were going up or down the most helpful. Even then I got turned around a couple of times.

You don't realise how incredibly handy the automapping feature is in this game until they take it away. :eep:

Bolivar
07-18-2007, 09:09 PM

LOL WTF!?

anyway, thanks for contributing with the rant, i can feel your pain. In the Great Crystal, a guide absolutely helps.

oddly enough though when i recently played it I decided not to look for any guide and just wing it. I don't know if it was FF instincts or pure luck, but I managed to get to the core straight through (didn't get the side stuff) without getting lost. so my advice would be to not play this game w/ a guide, although there are some things i couldn't blame you for looking for (i already have on this playthrough for a few hunts)

Formalhaut
07-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Im a child.. *Runs*

I love books, Id never ever rip pages out of books

Shattered Dreamer
07-18-2007, 11:03 PM

No your kidding! I loved Giruvegan! I was flying through the game since Elder Wyrm & bang the gate crystal kicked me in the head(metaphorically). I never used the guide for the storyline would have been lazy only used it to do side quests, get optional espers etc.

Sword
07-19-2007, 02:12 AM
You freaking need a guide for reaching Ultima, Omega Mk XII and the Excalibur in the Great Crystal anyway. Jeez I sat for ages looking at the page in the official guide trying to work out what gates to unlock and how to go about unlocking them. In this case it is certainly NOT more fun without the guide. With the guide you get to laugh at the game lmao.

Super Sepiroth
07-20-2007, 09:29 PM

Thats right, make things better for the next generation lol:D

demondude
07-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Im a child.. *Runs*

I love books, Id never ever rip pages out of books

KILL HIM!

Mirage
07-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Is this a topic?

I got stuck at Giuvergan, but that's about it.

The Unknown Guru
07-21-2007, 08:00 PM
I got through the Great Crystal and beat Ultima without a guide :tongue:

Hambone
07-21-2007, 11:42 PM
...Ultima was a BITCH to kill, but I did it on the first try...

Renmiri
07-22-2007, 12:51 AM

I completed the game and did most of the hunts (until Fafnir) without any kind of guide.

Though I did get stuck in the Stillshrine for a bit. :rolleyes2

4 year olds and game guides don't mix well... Mine likes to draw on the pages :p

LunarWeaver
07-22-2007, 12:53 AM
I only used a guide for Giruvegan as well. That place without a map gives me gangrene. I rarely use guides with games because it annoys me to stop playing, read, start playing, stop playing, read, etc. I dunno, something about it all just drives me nuts.

I just want to sit back, smoke a politically incorrect candy-cigarette they used to sell when I was still a youngin', and play without the fuss.