PDA

View Full Version : How does the Expert Sphere Grid work and look like?

Peter_20
07-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Alright, I know that all chars obviously start "in the middle of the Grid", but what are the consequences of this?
You're supposed to have more technical freedom with this Grid, so does this mean I'll have to teach Yuna the basic magics such as "Cure" and "Esuna"?

Also, how does the Grid look like?
Does it differ from the Standard Sphere Grid in any way?

Namelessfengir
07-18-2007, 02:58 PM
ive never heard of an expert sphere grid. until i get an explantaion of what that is id figure that it works the same as the 'regular' sphere grid

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
07-18-2007, 04:28 PM
at the start of the game you have a choice as to whether or not you want to use the standard or expert grid.

yes you do have to teach the basic abilities, however it doesn't have to be to the same person. for example you could make tidus your white mage and have yuna as your strong attackers if you wanted.

there are less nodes on the expert grid than there are on the standard grid and it does look a lot different. however it works on the smae principles.

i would recommend just using the standard grid as it has more nodes and so it is easier to max ur characters stats. it should be noted though that there are more locks on the standard grid thasn there are on the expert grid.

rubah
07-18-2007, 06:46 PM
you get more abilities :p but your ultimate stats suffer for it

Brennan
07-18-2007, 11:07 PM
you get more abilities :p but your ultimate stats suffer for it

That's the spheregrid in a nutshell.

Thoughtless
07-19-2007, 02:21 AM
Basically the Expert grid has much less level 1 and level 2 key spheres, which gives you a lot more freedom.

You should stick to what the game says and choose the standard grid if it is your first game, because you may get confused and take Lulu down Auron's path accidentally, which makes Lulu obsolete. But the other way, if you know what your doing you can move do something like take Tidus down the beginning of Rikku's path and get a major boost to HP, or take Tidus/Wakka through Auron's for a while where you gain A LOT of strength and HP at the cost of Agility (Tidus) and Accuracy (Wakka). Or drop Lulu into Yuna's to get Cura or vis-versa.

I think one of the grids is slightly larger as well, I'm not 100% sure which one.

No matter which grid you choose, the characters will have their starting abilities. Yuna will have Cure/Nuls (Esuna? Can't remember), Rikku will have Steal/Use, Kimarhi will have Lancet etc.etc.

Namelessfengir
07-19-2007, 03:46 AM
is this for the PAL version? ive got american and have never seen this option

rubah
07-19-2007, 04:26 AM
Yes. It is for the PAL version.

Breine
08-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Basically the Expert Sphere Grid gives you more freedom and flexibility. I pick it everytime I start a new game, simply because I find the Standard one boring.

The Mog Ninja
08-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Alls I know is I can't find Flare and Doublecast on the Expert Grid, meaning I fail at destroying anything late-game.

tidus_rox
08-20-2007, 02:51 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of buying a PAL PS2 just for this feature. However, I snapped back to reality and realized out stupid I was being.

Firo Volondé
08-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Alls I know is I can't find Flare and Doublecast on the Expert Grid, meaning I fail at destroying anything late-game.

Flare is in the top left-hand corner, above Nab Gil. Doublecast is near the top right-hand corner, NW of Ultima and East of Full-Life.

The Mog Ninja
08-20-2007, 12:35 PM

Flare is in the top left-hand corner, above Nab Gil. Doublecast is near the top right-hand corner, NW of Ultima and East of Full-Life.

That's in the regular grid, isn't it? I know i searched the entire grid over 20 times looking for them and couldn't find them. Thanks anyway, if I ever pull FFX out again.

Tavrobel
08-20-2007, 03:50 PM

That's in the regular grid, isn't it? I know i searched the entire grid over 20 times looking for them and couldn't find them. Thanks anyway, if I ever pull FFX out again.

In the regular grid, both Flare and Doublecast are in/near the bottom right hand corner.

cally777
08-22-2007, 04:56 AM
I like the Expert cos its easier to do things like get early ablilities like Steal, or Yuna black magic so she's not such a wuss in non-aeon combat, or several characters Haste, which literally speeds up combat and so allows faster progress thro the game.

On the other hand it does get pretty complicated later on.

:choc::choc::choc:

ReloadPsi
08-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Basically the Expert Sphere grid has less locks on it. That's all the excuse I need to pick it over the basic one. It's also brown instead of grey, like a piece of old paper.

Hazzard
08-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Teaching Yuna Black Magic, and making Tidus learn Auron abilities is the way to go! Expert Sphere all the way.