PDA

View Full Version : Early power levelling method

Kappy
07-18-2007, 07:14 PM
You might have heard of this, or consider it cheating but what the hey. Here's a great method to power level right at the start of the game.

When you first control Vaan around Rabanastre, after the parade and you have access to the Westersands, travel to the Corridor of Sands through the first exit to the north when you leave Rabanastre. Before you leave for the Westersands, make sure you've got some Phoenix Downs.
Stay near the zone line, don't disturb the Cockatrice rolling about a few yards ahead of you as it's highly unlikely you'll beat it at Lvl 1 or 2.
Go to the config menu, set the battle speed to slow, and the mode to active. Then, beat yourself up until your health falls below 10%.
The rare game Dustia will appear, as it's undead, QUICKLY use a Phoenix Down on it to kill it instantly and gain 1100 exp. You can gain around 20 levels in an hour. Make sure you're quick. This is why you set the battle mode to active, so you can quickly move to select a Phoenix Down from your item menu as Dustia is not targetable until a few seconds after the white haze appears. Also, the slower the battle speed is, the longer he will take to prepare his Dark spell, and as the usage of an item is instant, you should be able to kill him off before he uses it. If you're too slow and he manages to hit you with his spell, it's game over.
Also, another word of advice... try not to accidentally target the Cockatrice! Lather, rinse and repeat but make sure you save every few levels in case Dustia manages to get the better of you...

It's best to use this method before you join with Penelo for the first time at the Nomad Village, as she'll be at the level you're on when she joins you.

Enjoy =]

Edit:
Also, forgot to add that you need to zone out twice to get Dustia to appear again so it's worth going back to Rabanastre and saving after every time you fight it anyway.

Namelessfengir
07-18-2007, 07:48 PM
okay thats good to keep in mind next time i go through

where is a good place to level up before i enter the pharos?
i got everybody over level 50 and im trying to takeout gilgimesh i can figure what levels to ovoid multiples of 2,3,4

i could kill everything in nabradia

BG-57
07-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Go for levels 53, 55, 61, 67, 71, 73, 77, 79, 83, 85, 89, 91, 95, or 97.

The Walk of Dancing Shadow in the Feywood is a great place to make Gil by chaining Mirrorknights.

In terms of experience the Necrohol of Nabudis, and the Lsusu mines extension (where you have to chase Gilgamesh) are among the best spots right now.

Later you can unlock the Henne mines extension and Pharos Subterra which provide more experience (although the monsters there are tougher than even the final dungeon).

Northcrest
07-18-2007, 08:32 PM
If you're in your upper 50's or lower 60's train at the Necrohal of Nabudis if your at your 70's or higher train at the deeper part of the Lhusu Mines. The place is hard but well worth it.

Hazzard
07-18-2007, 09:13 PM
If you're in your upper 50's or lower 60's train at the Necrohal of Nabudis if your at your 70's or higher train at the deeper part of the Lhusu Mines. The place is hard but well worth it.

It's easy in the depths of Lhusu Mines at level 55+ for me.

By the way, how do you unlock the Pharos Subterra?

Shattered Dreamer
07-18-2007, 11:12 PM
On the Cerobi Steppe, equip Embroided Tippets and kill some Shielded Wyrms they are worth around 4000exp each and with the tippets well do the math. I leveled up 30 levels doing that.

Brennan
07-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Where do I lvl up after the fight with the mandragoras at lvl 32

Namelessfengir
07-19-2007, 03:53 AM
Go for levels 53, 55, 61, 67, 71, 73, 77, 79, 83, 85, 89, 91, 95, or 97.

The Walk of Dancing Shadow in the Feywood is a great place to make Gil by chaining Mirrorknights.

In terms of experience the Necrohol of Nabudis, and the Lsusu mines extension (where you have to chase Gilgamesh) are among the best spots right now.

Later you can unlock the Henne mines extension and Pharos Subterra which provide more experience (although the monsters there are tougher than even the final dungeon).

well thanx all

ill have to keep an eye out for the henne mines i think i ran in there one day and had to flee as soon as i saw a lvl 69 bat

ill try for lvl 55 and try to kill gilgi again

BG-57
07-19-2007, 05:25 PM
By the way, how do you unlock the Pharos Subterra?

Complete the boss fights on the upper level of Pharos. Then return to the first level of Pharos and you should find an elevator near the orange save crystal. It'll take you down to the first level of Subterra.

Be forewarned that the monsters come fast and furious even with a party in the 70's with all the equipment and defensive spells.

leader of mortals
07-20-2007, 02:54 AM
Edit:
Also, forgot to add that you need to zone out twice to get Dustia to appear again so it's worth going back to Rabanastre and saving after every time you fight it anyway.

To make this even better and faster, you can use the Phoenix Down, and if you leave the area before the xp and lp appear on the screen, when it shows you how much you get, you can re-enter and he will respawn without having to go 2 area away(you can also chain him if you are quick enough to get the loot before the xp and lp appear.)

ff is da best
08-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Edit:

To make this even better and faster, you can use the Phoenix Down, and if you leave the area before the xp and lp appear on the screen, when it shows you how much you get, you can re-enter and he will respawn without having to go 2 area away(you can also chain him if you are quick enough to get the loot before the xp and lp appear.)

This is actually true i tried it a couple of days ago got myself up to lv 25 in about an hour

Dragonsoul
08-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Whenever people mention normal leveling up at high levels, they mention these places: Lhusu mines extension, Henne mines extension, Giruvegan great crystal, Pharos subterra. They also sometimes mention Necrohol of Nabudis and Nabreus Deadlands.

These places will take a long time to get up to level 99. I would like to do those auto-levelling tricks instead, I'm researchign them today. :)