PDA

View Full Version : Bad joke Square Enix

Elpizo
07-18-2007, 09:37 PM
IGN: PlayStation Premiere: Tiny Final Fantasy XIII Update (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/805/805646p1.html)

(You'll get some nice Hi-Res pictures of XIII and vs XIII)

So now we get the news that FF XIII is 13% complete and vs XIII is 1,3 % complete. SE, better start working again, you said the same in october 2006, so that means you didn't work on FNC at all all this time?

It's a joke (a bad one). 13%, FF XIII. XIII %, FF XIII. Woah, coincidence.

Nasty sense of humor, SE, but at least we have 2 more hi-res pics. I guess it's something.

CimminyCricket
07-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Damn them.

Vermachtnis
07-18-2007, 09:54 PM
I think they're just trying to be cute with their updates.

.Arc
07-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Anyways we have two more hi-res pics o.o

XxSephirothxX
07-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Two "new" screenshots, meaning captures from the same trailers that have been around for over a year now. Not exactly what I'm looking for when I want something new. :p

atlanteay
07-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Damn them.

I think they're just trying to be cute with their updates.
my thoughts exactly...

didn't SE say they were 70/80%~ done with FF13 already?

Laddy
07-19-2007, 05:40 AM
Yeah, just finishing touches take awhile from what I've heard.

Elpizo
07-19-2007, 07:20 AM
Wasn't it so that they meant that the script was 80% complete? I mean, if the game itself was 80% complete, they would show a demo or something at TG, right? But SE just said that a FF XIII demo will arrive in 2008 at earliest. No, XIII is still far from complete, but XIII %? Yeah right...

Fynn
07-19-2007, 08:26 AM
I think they're just trying to raise the tension among fans...

demondude
07-19-2007, 04:57 PM
I probably wont play this game anyway because the ps3 is so expensive. :(

Anyway I don't know why but I have a feeling this game is going to be a huge letdown for some reason.

Croyles
07-19-2007, 07:22 PM
No developer in the world would give a serious progress % report with a decimal place. And yeah, these are the same numbers given at TGS last year. Of course they havnt stated that it was a joke, it was supposed to be pretty obvious :D
Most people have caught on though. I didnt believe my eyes the first few seconds when I saw this at TGS though :O

I probably wont play this game anyway because the ps3 is so expensive.

Anyway I don't know why but I have a feeling this game is going to be a huge letdown for some reason.

Yeah it will be a letdown because you wont buy it, as you have just stated.
I'll root for you to win the PS3 Promotion. Wait I thought you disliked the PS3? *shrug*

Bolivar
07-20-2007, 03:08 AM
I didn't realize that at first, XIII = 13%. Definately a bad joke.

But are they serious that Versus is 1/10 as far done as XIII is? That's an even worse joke....

Dragonsoul
07-20-2007, 06:00 AM
I think this could possibly mean that Square Enix has seen that the Playstation 3 is probably going to die or get very low sales in the future in the United States in regards to console and games, and as a result of this, they want to redo some of the coding of the game and make it come out on the Xbox 360 instead, or possibly come out for both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. That could be a possibility for the sudden lowering of the percentages.

What do you think of my theory?

Elpizo
07-20-2007, 07:41 AM
I think this could possibly mean that Square Enix has seen that the Playstation 3 is probably going to die or get very low sales in the future in the United States in regards to console and games, and as a result of this, they want to redo some of the coding of the game and make it come out on the Xbox 360 instead, or possibly come out for both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. That could be a possibility for the sudden lowering of the percentages.

Don't think so. The developpers so far love working with the PS3 and Nomura said that some things for Versus they are doing are only possible on the PS3.

And I don't know if you know, but the PS3 is experiencing great sales (for now) in the US, thanks to the price drop of the 60 gig model. Of course Sony is killing itself by replacing it with a 599 dollar 80 gig model, but bleh. And this fall there are some good games coming to the console as well. It's really doing better now then before, at least for now.

And lastly, the 360 isn't doing well in Japan I believe (even worse than PS3) and that's what SE looks at, sales in Japan.

Dr. Acula
07-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Lol I didn't actually realise it was a joke at first. But yeah, about when FF12 came out where I live they said they were already 80% done!:D

Croyles
07-20-2007, 03:04 PM

Very far fetched lol. Nice try :D

Yukki-Chan
07-20-2007, 03:38 PM
So they'll most probably get this done by 2009, 2010? if the other release date pushbacks are anything to go by. By that time the PS3 will have probably dropped in price making it easier to buy, lets face it the launch titles weren't all that good, all the major games for it are coming out next year or the year after. Planned marketing or just slow development I wonder?

Croyles
07-20-2007, 04:00 PM
So they'll most probably get this done by 2009, 2010? if the other release date pushbacks are anything to go by. By that time the PS3 will have probably dropped in price making it easier to buy, lets face it the launch titles weren't all that good, all the major games for it are coming out next year or the year after. Planned marketing or just slow development I wonder?

There are many great games coming out this year. Its just none of you have bothered to look into them :mog:

Northcrest
07-24-2007, 05:26 PM
The PS3 needs to work on really good trademark games by next year or they are in alot of trouble by gamers.

Dragonsoul
07-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Lol I didn't actually realise it was a joke at first. But yeah, about when FF12 came out where I live they said they were already 80% done!:D

What do you mean? Is this announcement by Square Enix about FF XIII real or a joke?

Croyles
07-25-2007, 12:49 AM
Its a joke.

Dragonsoul
07-25-2007, 09:12 PM
I noticed earlier that the %'s were 13 and 1.3 so I wondered about that. But does Square Enix officially say this is a joke or is everybody just thinking it?

I wonder if FF XIII still can get to Usa in Fall 2008?

Great Sephiroth
07-25-2007, 09:33 PM
It's a really bad joke...
So, I can't understand why SquareEnix didn't show up FFXIII, FFversusXIII or another FNC title in this year's E3? Anyone knows why???

Croyles
07-25-2007, 11:19 PM
I noticed earlier that the %'s were 13 and 1.3 so I wondered about that. But does Square Enix officially say this is a joke or is everybody just thinking it?

I wonder if FF XIII still can get to Usa in Fall 2008?
No they have not officially stated it was a joke (defeats the point of a joke really). But I think that we can be quite certain it is.

It's a really bad joke...
So, I can't understand why SquareEnix didn't show up FFXIII, FFversusXIII or another FNC title in this year's E3? Anyone knows why???

Their saving it for the Tokyo Game Show in September.

Great Sephiroth
07-26-2007, 04:25 PM
hrmm...this makes sense...I was waiting sooooooooooo long for a new FFXIII OR FFvXIII trailer but when I didn't see both of them I was upset a little bit.
Thanx Croyles. I owe you one.

Laddy
07-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Worst joke ever.

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2007, 01:57 AM
It is a lousy joke...

I personally just want some real info. Not a few screenshots I actually want to see gameplay and maybe a reveal of another character and summon. Hell I would personally love to see an in-game demo use of one of the summons so we can see how Mecha Shiva works from a gameplay mechanic.

Lately my interest has perked up again but that's due to the fact that XIII is starting to remind me of my personal guilty pleasure in the series...;)

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2007, 06:11 AM
I'm totally confident this game will be worth it.

Rafale 4
08-29-2007, 08:34 PM
I've got a really bad joke for you.
I heard that Japan is going to have a release date 13 weeks before the N/A release.

oh, wait, that's true...
bad way to make people have a bit of taste of reality..

We'll need to wait 4 months after the official release if not more...

Dr.M
11-04-2007, 05:09 AM
i try not to think about it and then when it is released its like, oh...YAY!!!

Avarice-ness
11-05-2007, 04:10 PM
i try not to think about it and then when it is released its like, oh...YAY!!!

Yeah to bad it's going to take forever to get released. Bad jokes don't really help popularity. When a corporation comes out saying "OMGS NEW INFO" and it's really just a witty, or half-attempted witty joke to the consumers along with already used "new" screenshots, it kind of makes the consumer lose hope in a game that's really three games...

Honestly I'd rather hear more about a new character or something than seeing the same screenshots and hearing news that really isn't news.
Not to mention at this point I don't even want FFXIII due to it really being like three games.

What ever happened to makers putting their heart into a game? Can makers honestly say they can split their heart into three games and make them just as good as if they put their all into one.
I think not. :(

tidus_rox
11-25-2007, 03:01 AM
I've got a really bad joke for you.
I heard that Japan is going to have a release date 13 weeks before the N/A release.

oh, wait, that's true...
bad way to make people have a bit of taste of reality..

We'll need to wait 4 months after the official release if not more...

No... Isn't Square going for a simultaneous release? That's what I heard. And as for the joke thing; why would Square do that? It makes no sense :p Like "Oh... lets make a joke with the % of our game completion..." I just don't think they would do that... but that's just me:p

Dragonsoul
11-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Don't forget, these three games are developed by three seperate teams.

FF XIII is the main FF team, who last worked on FF X-2 and since then have slightly split up to randomly help out in the Kingdom Hearts stuff and the FF VII Compilation stuff.

FF V XIII is the Kingdom Hearts team.

FF A XIII is the team from FF VII: Before Crisis and FF VII: Crisis Core, and they will make their fourth game Kingdom Hearts: Coded next.

tidus_rox
11-26-2007, 02:12 AM
Ok but still... I just dont understand why they would make a joke about that... I think those numbers are true.

Northcrest
12-29-2007, 07:57 PM
I guess they just wanted us to see how many complaints we would make. Well its working. Can't wait for it to come out though.

Dr.M
03-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Don't forget, these three games are developed by three seperate teams.

FF XIII is the main FF team, who last worked on FF X-2 and since then have slightly split up to randomly help out in the Kingdom Hearts stuff and the FF VII Compilation stuff.

FF V XIII is the Kingdom Hearts team.

FF A XIII is the team from FF VII: Before Crisis and FF VII: Crisis Core, and they will make their fourth game Kingdom Hearts: Coded next.

ooh right. that makes scene now. you can already see their styles coming through.

Dragonsoul
03-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Yea, FF XIII team made FF 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,X-2, and now XIII. Some of their people helped out in FF VII compilation stuff and some Kingdom Hearts stuff after FF X-2 came out. Soon after the USA release of FF X-2, they started to work on FF XIII, starting in early 2004.

FF Versus XIII team is same team from KH1 and KH2, not sure if this team also made the GBA Kingdom Hearts game. The upcoming KH games are not necessarily by this team, KH: Coded is another team, I'll explain next, I can't remember about the other two upcoming KH games.

FF Agito XIII. This same exact team made FF VII: Before Crisis, FF VII: Crisis Core, and is working on this now and is also working on Kingdom Hearts: Coded. For KH: Coded the director of the team is going to be co-director with Tetsuya Nomura(the leader of Kingdom Hearts), but otherwise the team is the same.

FF IX's team is not the main FF team who made FF 8 and FF 10. FF IX had the same Producer, Game Designer, and Composer. FF IX has different Director, Scenario Writer, Character Designer, and Art Director, and was originally planned not to be part of the main FF series.

FF XI team is interesting. What happened is that the team who made Xenogears and then Chrono Cross split up and some went to Monolith Soft and made Xenosaga 1-3 and some stayed at Square Enix and made FF XI and it's expansion packs. By the way there are a lot of the Xenogears/Chrono Cross designers also working on Chrono Trigger and Radical Dreamers, but not all.

FF XII is the same exact team pretty much as Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics, and Vagrant Story. Yasumi Matsuno left during the making of FF XII, he's the leader of the team and directs, writes, and produces most of the time, not sure where some of the people of this team went to.

Not sure who is making the cellphone rpg FF IV: The After in Japan. FF VII compilation games has various teams involved.

I felt like randomly giving out some background info on some of the teams. :)

Markus. D
03-31-2008, 07:31 PM
Well, I think it's adorable.

Melodies of Life
04-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I wish we could get some good info about the date of release. So far Square hasn't said anything.