PDA

View Full Version : It's The End of the World As We Know It...

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Alright, it's the end of the world as we know it. Killer meteor, demon hordes, the Second Coming, Ragnarok(sp?) or nuclear war... so if the world is going to go out with a bang, what kind of soundtrack should it have?

The point of this thread is to build your "Ultimate" Doomsday soundtrack. You must choose 12 songs. For added fun, you can list why you chose them and when they should be played...

For an added challenge, you are not allowed to use R.E.M.'s "It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" cause that's too obvious.

Have Fun!

tailz
07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
well metallica's blackened and fight fire with fire would be a first choise with a nuclear war.

after that, I think sleeping sun by nightwish would be a good choise, cant explain why though.

iron maiden's fear of the dark, since im not all that fond of the entire death idea,

and just because the song popped up in my mind, otherworld - the black mages. this is IF there would be an other world an everything.

jrgen
07-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Runemagick's album Darkness Death Doom.

Hambone
07-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Kenny G.

Rengori
07-19-2007, 11:34 AM
1. Satanic Propaganda - 1349 (perfect opening for the apocalypse)
2. Angel of Death - Slayer
3. Hammer Smashed Face - Cannibal Corpse
4. An Eternity With Satan - Kult ov Azazel
5. Destroyer - Gorgoroth
6. View From the Nihil (Part I and II) - Mayhem
7. Pure Fucking Armageddon - Mayhem
8. The Four Horsemen - Metallica
9. To the Cold Beyond - Kult ov Azazel
10. I Breathe Spears - 1349
11. You're Dead - Megadeth (Had to work in one Megadeth song)
12. Raining Blood - Slayer (The world's get end right after this song or it won't work)

Ramza Beoulve
07-19-2007, 08:00 PM
1.- Holy Wars... The Punishment Due - Megadeth
2.- Aerials - System of a Down
3.- Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums - A Perfect Circle
4.- Nothing Else Matters - Apocalyptica
5.- Lamento Eroico - Rhapsody of Fire
6.- Planet Hell - Nightwish
7.- Good Morning/Black Friday - Megadeth
8.- Finisterra - Mago de Oz
9.- Funeral March - Chopin
10.- Shadow of Deth - Megadeth
11.- Requiem - Mozart
12.- Demise of the Ritual - Kow Otani

jrgen
07-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh yeah. Laibach's Deus Ex Machina is the perfect doomsday song.

Griff
07-19-2007, 08:20 PM
All My Friends Are Dead - Turbonegro

CimminyCricket
07-19-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't have anything, but this is a good idea. :D

DK
07-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Enslaved - As Fire Swept Clean the Earth

Fynn
07-19-2007, 08:45 PM
1. Beethoven's Ninth Symphony,
2. Bach's Toccata and Fugue d-minor,
3. "Fly me to the Moon",
4. "Komm, susser Tod".

Sorry, couldn't think of anything else, but these are the only ones I find fitting. You can also guess my favourite anime from this :cool:

Shoeberto
07-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Radiohead - No Surprises

It has to be in headphones and able to drown out all of the sounds of the oncoming end of the world.

Tallulah
07-19-2007, 08:46 PM
The Doors - This Is The End

Another obvious one but still good. :)

Discord
07-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I think that completely silence in combination with Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKbm9agUX4o) would have the most horrifying effect.

Araciel
07-19-2007, 10:42 PM
bananaphone on a continuous loop.

The Ceej
07-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't know. I always thought of a comedy song for the end of the world. Something by "Weird Al" Yankovic.

If the world ends by alien invasion: Slime Creatures From Outer Space.

If the world ends by explosion after you had a bad day: One Of Those Days.

If the world ends by nuclear holocost during the holidays: Christmas At Ground Zero.

If the world ends by computer virus: Virus Alert.

If the world ends on your birthday: Happy Birthday.

Then, people could enjoy the end of the world and possibly laugh at it.

Proxy
07-20-2007, 05:57 AM
The End Of All We Know - Greeley Estates

Edit: For some reason, I smell an EoFF CD coming up o.O

Wolf Kanno
07-20-2007, 06:58 AM
Here are my choices...

1. Millennium by Robbie Williams. (A perfect opening when the sky starts turning a shade red and the stars begin to dim...)

2. Praying For Time By George Michael (This would kick in about the time people saw the first city destroyed and knew the inevitable would kick in. Insert the fall of law and order.)

3. Fire Coming Out of The Monkey's Head by The Gorillaz ( A nice fable that speaks volumes of the the fallicy of being ignorant)

4. Holy Orders: Be Just or Be Dead- Ky Kiske's theme from Guilty Gear... (This is when the carnage would begin...)

5. The World of the Dead by Joe Hisaishi from the the Mononoke Hime soundtrack. (This is when the dead would begin to rise and the land would be filled with the demonic hordes.)

6. Parabola by Tool (War begins)

7. Devil's Never Cry from Devil May Cry 3 (Aliens, zombies, total war and Buddy Jesus:D )

8. Heaven's Not Enough by Yoko Kanno (The "eye of the storm" for the conflict. The thoughts that go through the minds of those struggling to survive.)

9. Marking Time, Waiting For Death byShiroh Sagisu (I also love this series Fynn;) , more onslaught and carnage building up to...)

10. Dancing Mad by the Black Mages (Time for the ultimate showdown)

11. Sleep My Dear from the Big O soundtrack (The battle is over and the world is ruined, a peacful requiem for those who didn't live to see the end.)

12. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve (This is how the world should end, with song playing as the world is pummeled by the final wave of natural destruction. The world finally accepting its fate)

Big D
07-20-2007, 07:15 AM
Kenny G.
xD win.

The ideal soundtrack to the end of the world could depend on just what is causing the end of the world...

Lemon Demon's 'The Ultimate Showdown' - an apocalyptic battle to the death among the world's mightiest warriors

'Advent: One-Winged Angel' - if it's one menace threatening to bring down the world

Wagner's 'The Ride of the Valkyries' - perfect for Ragnarok

Orff's 'O Fortuna' from Carmina Burana no. 1 - generic 'doom' music when destruction becomes inevitable fate

'Trogdor' by Strong Bad - when the countryside, peasants, and thatch-roofed cottages are all laid to burnination

'The Night Santa Went Crazy' by Weird Al - hopes and dreams are shattered in a volley of gunfire, explosions and reindeer

'Engel' by Rammstein - a bleak message of hopelessness

Roto13
07-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Great Big Sea - It's The End Of The World As We Know It.

Their version is faster anyway. So nyah.

charliepanayi
07-20-2007, 08:11 AM
I'll try to think of a full list of 12 songs later, but the opening track would definitely be The Dead Flag Blues by Godspeed You! Black Emperor. The opening monologue works perfectly.

EDIT:
The Dead Flag Blues (GY!BE)
Black Dollar Bills (Hope of the States)
Untitled 1 (Sigur Ros)
How to Disappear Completely (Radiohead)
Murderer (Low)
In The Devil's Territory (Sufjan Stevens)
Hope There's Someone (Antony and the Johnsons)
BBF3 (GY!BE)
Tourettes (Nirvana)
Good Morning Captain (Slint)
A Means To An End (Joy Division)
Stop Coming to My House (Mogwai)

Rostum
07-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Radiohead - No Surprises

It has to be in headphones and able to drown out all of the sounds of the oncoming end of the world.

Perfect.

Clawsze
07-20-2007, 01:51 PM
If America gets Nuked,
American Idiot-Greenday.

If some massive disease wipes out humanity,
Boulivard of Broken Dreams-Greenday
or
I'm not OK-My Chemical Romance.

If we get killed by a mad psycho,
Whats that coming over the hill-The Automatic

Lemon Demon's 'The Ultimate Showdown' - an apocalyptic battle to the death among the world's mightiest warriors

'Advent: One-Winged Angel' - if it's one menace threatening to bring down the world

You win the internet.