PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! LEVELING UP_ my chars, GF, Omega... / sidequest...

terus01
07-19-2007, 04:43 PM
The enemy is leveling up when we leveling up too, right?

1. So, how is that calculated?

Are the enemy's level calculated from our average level?
Or it is more complicated than that?

Are the GF leveling up has something to do with enemy's leveling up too? Or only my entire party?

I'm just wondering about it.

2. What about Omega's Level? Is he the same calculated like any other enemy? Or no matter what level we are, he is just at the highest level (i_i) ?

3. Do you think it is always a good idea to fight the strongest O weapon at level 100 with 100 GF level too?

4. I cannot find the Jack from CC Sidequest, how to find him?
Oh, Please, I'm almost fall asleep when I have to find him!
Because he didn't show up, and I have to walk around challenging as many card players as I can.

5. Do you know how to get Holy War and Holy War Trial without doing this sidequest??

Thanks for the answer!!

rubah
07-19-2007, 05:53 PM
GFs will get the same kill bonus that your characters get, so if you want to level them up faster, use them.

Omega is always level 100.

I think it's too late for the card sidequest, if you havent' done it, then you can't do it. If it was any other disk than 4, he'd be in the lobby of balamb garden waiting for you to play enough cards that he will challenge you. If you had done the quest, he would be on the ragnarok, but I don't think the CC members show up on the ragnarok if you don't do the card quest.

You can do an angelo search (turtapods and t-rexaurs are probably the easiest enemies to do this on) and hope invincibility items come up eventually.

Xurts
07-19-2007, 06:00 PM
1) The average level of your current party determines the enemy's level. GFs have nothing to do with it.

2) Omega's level is always 100.

3) well, of course. Your GF levels don't matter when you're fighting the "superbosses." Having your characters lvl. 100 definitely helps, but it is possible to win the battle at lower levels. The most important thing you should worry about are your junctions, they will determine whether you win or lose.

4)
Jack: Find him standing beside the directory or walking into the screen which contains the directory. I've caught him coming in from all three directions. Challenge Jack to a game, and he'll say that it's almost time. Challenge him again and he'll play you.

5) You can manufacture Holy Wars without the Gilgamesh card, but it's a pain in the ass. You need to refine 10 Hero-Trials into a Hero, 10 Heroes refine into 1 Holy War-Trial, 10 of those refine into 1 Holy War.

rubah beat me :eek:

Trisdyn
07-21-2007, 05:10 AM
1. I'm pretty sure it's your average level, it might be only based on Squall though. GF are totally unrelated to your party, but the monsters you kill, the party members that are junctioned to the GF get exp.

2. Omega is the same level as any other monster you face. Your party's average level, I think. Try using scan on him, I haven't confirmed it but I'm pretty sure hes not always level 100.

3. Not smart. Omega levels up as you do, so if your level 100, then he will be stronger as ever. (1 million + hp to be exact.) I could tell you a strategy to beat him, if you want. And just to let you know, it has nothing to do with ultimate weapons, except Squall's, cause Leonheart and Eden do the most damage in that fight. (And maybe Rinoa's Wishing Star.)

4. Can't you only challenge him in disc 2 or something?

5. You can convert them from Giglamesh card. Thats the only way I know of.

Xurts
07-21-2007, 05:52 PM
1. I'm pretty sure it's your average level, it might be only based on Squall though. GF are totally unrelated to your party, but the monsters you kill, the party members that are junctioned to the GF get exp.

2. Omega is the same level as any other monster you face. Your party's average level, I think. Try using scan on him, I haven't confirmed it but I'm pretty sure hes not always level 100.

3. Not smart. Omega levels up as you do, so if your level 100, then he will be stronger as ever. (1 million + hp to be exact.) I could tell you a strategy to beat him, if you want. And just to let you know, it has nothing to do with ultimate weapons, except Squall's, cause Leonheart and Eden do the most damage in that fight. (And maybe Rinoa's Wishing Star.)

4. Can't you only challenge him in disc 2 or something?

5. You can convert them from Giglamesh card. Thats the only way I know of.
Omega is always level 100. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxT7WmIm5JY) So yes, it would be ideal if all of your characters were the same level as him.

The CC Group quest cannot be done on Disc 4. It can be done anytime between Disc 2 and 4.

Holy Wars can be obtained without the Gilgamesh card, but it will take a lot of time and effort.

rubah
07-22-2007, 12:23 AM
actually you want to be~ lvl 98 with omega, because he uses level based magics :p (lvl3 flare and lvl5 doom? You can cope with the latter by junctioning death to st-def, but you might want death for another stat)

Xurts
07-22-2007, 08:49 PM
actually you want to be~ lvl 98 with omega, because he uses level based magics :p (lvl3 flare and lvl5 doom? You can cope with the latter by junctioning death to st-def, but you might want death for another stat)
The only level magic he used against me was Lvl5 Death, and that is easily avoided.

terus01
07-25-2007, 04:43 PM

and, what is that another stats?
Is it ST-ATK?

I think I have a better stats to junction to Hp, STR, etc.

terus01
07-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Oh, Please, I'm almost fall asleep when I have to find him!
Because he didn't show up, and I have to walk around challenging as many card players as I can.

I find him already!!! so glad ha ha

terus01
07-25-2007, 04:56 PM

Too late...

I'm already at 100.
But It is exciting, I think. (to think that I will fight him at 100)

Well, that's not the problem...

Some faqs told me that he is leveling up like another monsters, some faqs told me that he is alwas 100.

maybe they are talking about another version in Japanese and American, maybe not. not sure about it.

Xurts
07-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Triple posting ftfl. Reading my above posts is ftw.

TheSpoonyBard
07-25-2007, 07:07 PM
The enemy is leveling up when we leveling up too, right? So, how is that calculated? Are the enemy's level calculated from our average level? Or it is more complicated than that? Are the GF leveling up has something to do with enemy's leveling up too? Or only my entire party?

Enemy level = (([character 1's level] + [character 2's level] + [character 3's leve]) / 3 ) * 0.8 OR 1.2

Enemies on the Islands Closest to Heaven/Hell are always Lv100
Enemies in the Lunactic Pandora are always Lv1
Omega is Lv100 the PS version, but obeys normal level laws in the PC version.

2. What about Omega's Level? Is he the same calculated like any other enemy? Or no matter what level we are, he is just at the highest level (i_i) ?
See above.

3. Do you think it is always a good idea to fight the strongest O weapon at level 100 with 100 GF level too?
GF levels don't matter as you'll be using limit breaks most of the time. Junctions are more important than levels.

He'll be walking around by the Directory. He'll accept your challenge once you've won 15 TT games.

5. Do you know how to get Holy War and Holy War Trial without doing this sidequest??
Laguna card -> 100 Heroes -> 10 Holy War-Trials -> 1 Holy War

rubah
07-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Well, I think usually I junction death to Luck, but perhaps you all have better magic for that. It's been a while since I played, so I'm not sure, but I think it was luck I liked it on xD

TheSpoonyBard
07-25-2007, 09:56 PM
The five best spells for Luck are

Ultima (60)
Aura (40)
Pain (40)
Death (38)
Triple (30)

I choose Aura because the other ones are usually junctioned elsewhere.

terus01
07-27-2007, 03:32 PM
He'll be walking around by the Directory. He'll accept your challenge once you've won 15 TT games.

But I think it is more than 15 games. Because I have to won about 30 games or more... then, he did show up. When I am only play a few people, he di not show up :(

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-27-2007, 07:13 PM
You probably have to win a number of games in succession. 6-7 usually works for me

Trisdyn
07-28-2007, 02:09 AM
Okay, I finally found out what to do in the CC side quest. There are seven members in total, and you must challenge the lowest ranking member (Jack) up to the highest (King).

This quest can be started in disc 2. It is unavailable in disc 4.

Jack - Balamb Garden Hallway near the Directory (The board near the stairs).

Club - Appears randomly outside Balamb Garden hallway, outside the cafeteria. Tricky to find.

Diamond - Balamb Garden directory. Actually a pair of female SeeD cadets.

Spade - Second floor, next to the elevator. One of the two people that hang out in this area.

Heart - Balamb Garden bridge. Heart is actually Xu.

Joker - Inside the training center, near the pool. He appears randomly.

King - Speak with Nida on the bridge, then visit the infirmary and challenge Dr. Kadowaki to a game. She will suggest that you soon find King. Return to your dorm room and take a nap, and he will appear in your sleep. (Note, The King carries the Giglamesh card, which is vital because it can be converted into Holy war's, which are nessecary to take down Omega Weapon).

Hope this helps.

Xurts
07-28-2007, 03:27 AM
(Note, The King carries the Giglamesh card, which is vital because it can be converted into Holy war's, which are nessecary to take down Omega Weapon).
Negative. Holy Wars are rubbish and are not needed for any fight.