PDA

View Full Version : What are/have you done/doing for summer?

Northcrest
07-20-2007, 02:29 AM
So what are you going to do or have done during summer vacation. My family and I are going to South Padre Island at Corpus Christi near the shore for two days. Then we're going to take our car to Houston to see my cousins (mainly I'm just taking the advantage of playing there PS3:lol: ). We're staying there for about three days.

PyroManiak
07-20-2007, 02:31 AM
So what are you going to do or have done during summer vacation. My family and I are going to South Padre Island at Corpus Christi near the shore for two days. Then we're going to take our car to Houston to see my cousins (mainly I'm just taking the advantage of playing there PS3:lol: ). We're staying there for about three days.

Bolding your profound mental retardation. :)

Rye
07-20-2007, 02:34 AM
This summer, I'm mostly just working. I just joined a gym, so maybe I'll finally lose weight.

Nominus Experse
07-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Work
Sex
Work
Sex
Draw
Sex
Sex
Write and read
Work
Sex
Repeat

Leeza
07-20-2007, 02:36 AM
PyroManiak: Your post was very unnecessary. Please do not throw stones at people when you yourself live in a glass house. Because I do not know if you are joking are being sincere, what you are doing is also referred to as flaming (check the Rules/FAQ) and not something we want to see here at EoFF.

I have been working so far for the summer and I am also packing up all of my belongings because I sold my house, bought a new one and have to be ready to move next month. That will take care of my summer for this year. :cat:

daggertrepe
07-20-2007, 02:36 AM
Singing, working on a show.

Nominus Experse
07-20-2007, 02:39 AM
Please do not throw stones at people when you yourself live in a glass house.
:cat:

I've never heard that phrase before, and I must say I do like it.

No Maine Coon cats yet, Leeza? You need a Maine Coon. A big 18 - 20 pound Main Coon cat to knock you over when it jumps at your lap.

Araciel
07-20-2007, 02:40 AM
same thing as last year; being awesome

different thing from last year; learning guitar

also, the stones/glass houses thing is an archaic thing, which explains why leeza uses it :P (please don't kill me)

Tavrobel
07-20-2007, 02:42 AM
Please do not throw stones at people when you yourself live in a glass house.
:cat:

I've never heard that phrase before, and I must say I do like it.

Confucius. Although, he never bothered to add "please."

For me, school + school + school is my summer.

Faris
07-20-2007, 02:48 AM
Last week I went to Montréal to visit TSoL.

Next month I'll be having my wisdom teeth removed (not looking forward too) and if I find a song in time I'll be singing in a competition. However, if I do not find a song, I will be going to my cousin's wedding!

Madame Adequate
07-20-2007, 03:21 AM
I massacred several thousand Scotsmen and conquered the entire British Isles for England.

Now I'm forming an army to either go on a Crusade, if His Holiness calls one, or to attack the Continent's various rebel cities in the name of St. George.

Jojee
07-20-2007, 04:02 AM
Broke up with my ex, back from college and in with my parents, did a lot of online gamage, some hanging out with old high school friends, shadowed/semi-interned with a lawyer (still going to go back to doing this next week), went on vacation to China and Japan, and am now back... job seeking and the likes n_n That didn't sound interesting at all~

Vermachtnis
07-20-2007, 04:13 AM
Nothing much, I'm gonna watch The Simpsons Movie in a couple of weeks. I've been working on my game and writing more.

Shiny
07-20-2007, 04:49 AM
I was supposed to be going to a concert. Looks that won't be happening since I'm probably going to be forced to go to Florida during that week. My SAT classes will probably be starting sometime in August. :mad2:

Hambone
07-20-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm gonna lol @ celebs when I'm in Vegas. (My parents are getting remarried)

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-20-2007, 05:25 AM
Worked, worked and more worked. Bought a Wii. Faris visited. Now it is back to work and playing Twilight Princess.

Leen-Leen
07-20-2007, 05:27 AM
I'm visiting my home state right now, we've been away from my real home for over a year, and right now we got a one month vacation here. :D

Peegee
07-20-2007, 05:45 AM
This summer, I'm mostly just working. I just joined a gym, so maybe I'll finally lose weight.

Good luck Rye! PG's actually trying to lose weight too T_T /depressed

A quick piece of advice is to cut 250 calories and work out so you burn 250 calories (not an easy task for sure!) and you will supposedly lose about a pound a week.

(the math behind that is that a pound of fat is about 3500 calories, so you just burn 500 calories any which way a day and you will lose a pound a week)

The annoying thing is that it's so easy to eat 3500 calories (it is!) but it's so hard to be deficit 3500 calories.

T_T

Oh topic:

So far I've done a bunch of misc things. I went to Niagara Falls (The Canadian equivalent of the Horseshoe Falls), went to various misc places, will go camping next month, and next week I'm going to British Columbia, and I probably will meet Leeza there!

yay

Leeza
07-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Oh yes, of course. I will be taking time off from my packing, etc. to visit with PG next week. :)

Loony BoB
07-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Possibly buying a flat. Stress. :(
Also, Edinburgh Festival, of course.

Meat Puppet
07-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Working toward some kind of vacation on the horizon (perhaps Thailand?)

Resha
07-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Read. Sleep. Hope desperately.

Polaris
07-20-2007, 02:57 PM
The weather is :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty here :( No beach no friends no go out... :whimper: I NEED HOLIDAYS! :crying2: Most times I've been writting and developing my banners skills... nothing else!

Disco Potato
07-20-2007, 03:54 PM
So far, I've attempted to finish FF9 (didn't succeed...got too lazy to play much after the first week of break :p), and went to a wedding and stayed a bit in Canada. Now I'm in Pakistan for family things, and hopefully I can read the final Harry Potter book out here (if I can find it...).

Rye
07-20-2007, 07:30 PM

Good luck Rye! PG's actually trying to lose weight too T_T /depressed

A quick piece of advice is to cut 250 calories and work out so you burn 250 calories (not an easy task for sure!) and you will supposedly lose about a pound a week.

(the math behind that is that a pound of fat is about 3500 calories, so you just burn 500 calories any which way a day and you will lose a pound a week)

The annoying thing is that it's so easy to eat 3500 calories (it is!) but it's so hard to be deficit 3500 calories.

That's a pretty good way to look at it, makes it seem a little easier. Thank you~

Quindiana Jones
07-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Oh God this could take a while.

I arrived in Calgary on the 27th of June. Stayed there for a while with family (first cousin once removed's family). Messed around. Then I went down through Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and finally into California and checked out SF. Also checking out cool sites through said states. I stayed in California for about a week with some more family. Then went back up through blah blah and checked out Seattle. After that I went into Vancouver for about an hour. The Canadian one. As of two days ago, I am back in Calgary and am about to stay with some more first cousin's once removed. Dunno what I'm doing with them. I head back to England on the 8th August.

How's that?

Lynx
07-20-2007, 08:25 PM
so far. went to lake george with 2 of my friends for a day. and ever since ive been working rarely seen any of my friends but it doesnt matter im quitting my job soon. YES! and then canada and six flaggs.

Ouch!
07-20-2007, 10:06 PM
I just got back from a road trip to Sandusky, Ohio to go to Cedar Point (which was freaking amazing) about thirty minutes ago. There's nothing quite like going 0 to 120 in 3.8 seconds while sitting in the front row of the front car.

I've done various other things as well. I also need to work out, although not to lose weight. I'm skinny as a rail, but I'm also terribly out of shape.

frequency
07-21-2007, 12:52 AM
((In order))

+Read Harry Potter 7
+Grandad comes out of hospital after a year
+Mate from Scotland coming down for a week. ((beaching it and partying))
+Birthday
+Father's down for a weekend sometime in August
+Visit the girl I love on the other side of the country
+Get ready for college.

various activities include
+Beaching it
+Resisting the urge to drink ((I've given up))
+Xtreeme! sleepovers ((James will get it))
+Writing poetry and RP's and my new script
+Photography
+CAMPing ;)

and....stuff.

Freya
07-21-2007, 02:02 AM
Um socialized, did that too much and got grounded.
Working on finishing FFX again.
Next monday I leave for 2 weeks in Europe. It'll be SWEET.
Um.... other than that i have senior pictures aug 22nd..... yeah...

Comet
07-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Big workout! Jog everyday ;)

Rengori
07-22-2007, 04:49 AM
Watch TV, play guitar, EoFF, hang out with friends, nothing really that exciting.

~*~Celes~*~
07-22-2007, 05:56 AM
So far I've socialized, gone to the movies to see HP5 and Pirates 3 (separate occasions), met up with 2 friends that I haven't seen in 10 years, posted on here, started summer reading for English 12 AP, and started marching band practice. More plans: Camping, more mb practice, clothes shopping for the upcoming school year, finish English summer leisure reading, senior pics, get a job (yeah, right), post here, read, write, and most importantly, be lazy.

Zeldy
07-29-2007, 12:03 AM
well, the British Summer lasted a whole of a week. If that. I missed most of the downpour as Ive been in Tenerife, Canaries for the last 2 weeks. I now have 6 weeks of nothingness to fill with..stuff.

Hazzard
07-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Relaxing. Working out. The usual.

Resha
07-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Also, Edinburgh Festival, of course.

Fringe? :( You LUCKY INSANELY LUCKY person.