PDA

View Full Version : Clothes are clothes.......

Relena
07-20-2007, 04:00 AM
What's the big deal where clothes come from? Everyone I've met has obseesed over where they bought their clothes. They absolutely despise Wal-Mart clothes but brag about Hollister and Aeropostale. :eep: Personally, I don't see a difference. Clothes serve the same purpose.
So what are your opinions on clothes and where you purchase them?

Fonzie
07-20-2007, 04:03 AM
I care how I look, I'm shallow. :cry:

Hollister, AE, Aero, AC.

Vermachtnis
07-20-2007, 04:04 AM
I shop at Wal*Mart :(

Relena
07-20-2007, 04:07 AM
There's nothing wrong with Wal-Mart. :)

Jojee
07-20-2007, 04:07 AM
I like clothes; don't care where I purchase them ^_^ Most of my clothes come from... mm, Forever 21, China, The Deb (although most of their stuff are kinda... eh), Kohl's, and some more random stores :3

It's the look that matters, not the brand, imo. My brother will pretty much only wear America Eagle shirts, sadly. :p

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-20-2007, 04:11 AM
I like clothes; don't care where I purchase them ^_^ Most of my clothes come from... mm, Forever 21, China, The Deb (although most of their stuff are kinda... eh), Kohl's, and some more random stores :3

It's the look that matters, not the brand, imo. My brother will pretty much only wear America Eagle shirts, sadly. :p

I agree with Jojee. I likes clothes, too and the way it looks.:)

Momiji
07-20-2007, 04:22 AM
I wear all of my clothes from Hot Topic all the time, but I really don't care where clothes come from if I think they look good on me :D

Shiny
07-20-2007, 04:40 AM
Wal-Mart? Is that where they make walls? In all seriousness, Wal-Mart reeks of child labor. Their clothes are not of good material and in my opinion they're pretty lame most of the time. Then again I think Hollister and Aeropaswhatever are lame too. As far as where I shop, I could care less where it is. As long as the clothes are good.

Faris
07-20-2007, 04:41 AM
I only buy clothes that I think look decent on me. I really don't care what store it's from. I will admit though that I do prefer Le Chateau and Trivium (it's a goth clothes store, not the band).

Proxy
07-20-2007, 04:50 AM
I don't really care where I buy my clothes, if I like the way they look, then I buy them.
Except AE, Hollister, H&M and those other machine driven, catalogue, poster stores that make everyone who wears the clothing look like a complete and utter tool of society.

Nominus Experse
07-20-2007, 05:04 AM
I buy clothes to wear them, and by wearing them, making myself look better than I actually am. Or something.

There is really no set place(s) where I shop, but I never pause to think of going to Wal*Mart or Hottopic, for reasons that ought to be obvious.

Hambone
07-20-2007, 05:14 AM
I don't care about where I buy clothes, I just care about what they look like. Btw, I mostly shop at Pac Sun.

Leen-Leen
07-20-2007, 05:32 AM
Sure I like shopping for clothes, but it never matters to me where I bought it. As long as I like it and I think it looks good, then I'll just buy it. xD But I like shopping at Pac Sun, wet seal, and Forever 21.

Miriel
07-20-2007, 05:41 AM
If you've ever felt the clothes at Wal Mart and then felt the clothes at Arden B, you would feel the tremendous difference.

I love the cheap cute clothes from Forever 21, but that doesn't change the fact that a dress from Forever 21 for $15 is not going to be the same quality as a $300 dress from Max Azria.

All clothes were not made equal.

I've bought a couple things from places like H&M and the buttons usually start falling off after a few washes. But if you pay $5 for a shirt, what can you expect? You get what you pay for.

But honestly, I would never brag about getting clothes from Hollister. :x

rubah
07-20-2007, 06:42 AM
for me it just depends if it looks good.

StarlightAngel
07-20-2007, 06:57 AM
I get clothes that fit, are comfortable, and don't look totally bad. Who cares about brand names? S'all the same to me.

fire_of_avalon
07-20-2007, 06:58 AM
The first thing I pay attention to is where the clothes were constructed and where the fabric was woven. That isn't to say I don't own articles of clothing made by children, but I try really, really, really hard to stay away from things that weren't made in North America. I try to buy American, but you have no idea how hard that is.

Second, it depends on look and feel. Right now I'm wearing a black t-shirt from Wal-Mart (even though I hate shopping there.) It feels good, it looks good on me, it was made in the US, and I've had it for about two years now. I've bought much more expensive clothes made of the same material that have started to pill.

I don't have to shop at expensive stores. It's important to develop an eye for good quality in cheap places. For example, shopping the trend at Target pretty much guarantees you're going to be replacing a top soon, but buying a jacket there is a pretty good deal.

The only thing I'm really picky about are my bras. I don't understand why some companies make such crappy bras. I have to budget very carefully to buy mine, but they last for years.

Jojee
07-20-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm not particularly impressed with any of my bras. =| And I've never worn a bra with underwire that was actually comfortable. I've never bought a bra at Victoria's Secret, despite having worked there and having had a 30% discount, simply because it was still too expensive imo. Ahaha, the good thing is that I don't need to wear bras all the time, so... yay Asian-ness n_n

Shoeberto
07-20-2007, 07:28 AM
I guess I'm not sensitive enough to the feel of clothes that the quality of the material makes any difference to me. And in truth, if my mom hadn't cleared them out of my closet, there would probably be shirts in there that I bought at Wal Mart in junior high that I'd still be wearing today.

Maybe it's just that boy clothes are less intricate than girl clothes. But when it comes to them I just get whatever. I don't see any sense on spending $20 for a t-shirt though.

Roto13
07-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Poor people shop at Wal Mart and poor people are bad.

Iceglow
07-20-2007, 09:56 AM
I'll get clothes from places like sainsbury's/asda's or other crappy big supermarket chains if I'm outta time and low on cash (like going out on a date the next night and needing new jeans) but in general I avoid doing so, I'll also buy the cheap "fake" t-shirts from camden town market they're pretty much all made in the usa or imported in bulk from there and sold off cheaply for profit down camden (competition there is intense so you can often haggle and get an even better deal, the only place in London I found where you can haggle with a guy over the cost of clothing) but in general I like shopping at places like Burtons for clothing since they do nice comfy clothes and I don't mind their prices that much reminds me I need new shirts one of my favourites has had it.

Yuffie514
07-21-2007, 08:07 AM
i do not mind where i buy them or how much i pay for them as long as they appeal to me.

Resha
07-21-2007, 08:18 AM
I didn't use to care where I got my clothes, but I've started liking the styles (and prices) of certain shops now :-) Namely; Zara, Esprit (okay; I hate the prices for this one but the clothes are so lovely!), MNG. They're just nicer clothes. The ones I see in departmental stores are more simple -- they're fine, if I want a tee or a pair of jeans. But if I want fashionable clothes I wouldn't go there.

Shlup
07-21-2007, 09:01 AM
I don't hang around people that obsess over stupid crap like that. My favorite places to get clothes are Target and Forever 21. I also like Hot Topic and Urban Outfitters, but I'm usually not willing to spend that much money.

Iceglow
07-21-2007, 11:20 AM
by no means would I say I obsess over stuff like this, my older brother does he saw me in a cheap tee from camden market and automatically assumed it was a brand name when I looked at him like o_O? he realized it was just me

Eiko Guy
07-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Walmart is great for flat color t's. But I don't wear flat colored t's....

I like hot topic for hoodies. And pants, shorts, shirts are all from random places. BUT NEVER PREPPY. Me and viri are the anti preps.

Rye
07-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Like everyone else said, Walmart's clothes quality generally sucks. I don't like spending my money on stuff that'll break in a month. If I like it, I'll buy it.

That said, I generally like to go cheap with shirts, but I will buy higher quality pants from places like Aeropostale because they fit much better. You don't know how difficult it is to find a size 8/9 that fits well on someone who is just barely 5 feet tall.

Vincent Valentine
07-21-2007, 09:34 PM
What's the big deal where clothes come from?
Popularity. People are going to like you more when you do the things they do, wear the things they wear, think the way they think, and act the way they act.

I could care less about brand names. If I find something nice in a trift shop, I'll go ahead and buy it. But if I find something that happens to be a brand name but seems to be of very good quality and I like the look of it, I'll buy that too.

I like looking good in the clothes I wear, and I like being fussy about what clothes I buy, but I couldn't care less about the tag under the neck.

Anaisa
07-22-2007, 01:02 AM
I buy clothes wherever I see clothes that I like. An I can find plenty of clothes that are cheap an well made. Clothing in expensive shops aren't expensive because they've been made with some exquisite sewing machine that only they have access to, an a fabric that can only be sold at a high price because it's of such a fine quality. You're not paying high prices for the quality of the garment, you're paying the high price for the label inside it.

Iceglow
07-22-2007, 01:07 AM
You americans do not know how lucky you are to have Hot Topic shops....personally I'd just about love Gap if they brought it out over here (since I do believe the Gap company owns Hot Topic though being English I may be wrong) It'd make shopping much easier than some of the places I have to go to for clothes.

Namelessfengir
07-22-2007, 01:26 AM
i care how i look but i also care about my money so i would buy clothes that match but id buy them at places like walmart

Vincent Valentine
07-22-2007, 01:35 AM
You americans do not know how lucky you are to have Hot Topic shops....personally I'd just about love Gap if they brought it out over here (since I do believe the Gap company owns Hot Topic though being English I may be wrong) It'd make shopping much easier than some of the places I have to go to for clothes.
...how is having either of those stores a good thing?

Just to clarify, GAP has never Hot Topic. Hot Topic is it's own indenpendtly running clothing chain. The idea of ownership by GAP originated when the older generation became pissed off at the company for moving away from it's old goth roots (supporting bands like Bauhaus, The Cure, TSOL and Depeche Mode) and started turning into the mainstream farce it is today.

Rengori
07-22-2007, 01:50 AM
I wear all of my clothes from Hot Topic all the time, but I really don't care where clothes come from if I think they look good on me :D

I only wear band shirts, and Hot Topic is where I got my Dethklok shirt. :D

Chimp
07-22-2007, 02:38 AM
Pacific Sunwear :D

Northcrest
07-22-2007, 08:13 PM
I get my cloths at Wal-mart, Foleys, Dillards, Burlington, and Ross. I hate Foleys and Dillards there cloths is so fancy for me but my mom loves it when I put them on.

demondude
07-22-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't buy clothes.

I go nekkid

~*~Celes~*~
07-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Wal-Mart, Meijer (A local store place thing that's like a Wal-Mart super center...they have food, clothes, electronics, toys, etc.), K-Mart, and Kohl's are my places to shop...Though, last time I went to Kohl's, all the clothes I saw were definitely NOT something I'd wear. I can get pretty picky about what I wear...

I don't do rainbows and unicorns. As much as I love being 75% girly and 25% tomboy, rainbows and unicorns are too much. I prefer hearts with wings, guitars, etc. I guess the punk/skater/rocker look is my thing xD

Lynx
07-22-2007, 11:59 PM
brag about Hollister and Aeropostale.

wow how can you brag about wearingh clothes from either one of those places. to me that just doesnt make any sense me and my friends tend to make fun of the people who wear those clothes. well not really make fun of just kinda "hollister, aeropostale wow what a loser" idk they just always seem like preppy wannabe clothes atleast around here.

my clothes come from zumiez, TSX, and kohls usually. but then again i am a skater/snowboarder and i dress the part to some degree.

Jojee
07-23-2007, 12:33 AM
Nothing wrong with Gap :] Well, besides that some of their stuff is pretty expensive, so I don't shop there casually T_T But I've bought a few nice things from there.

I'm really upset because I simply <i>can't</i> shop in a lot of department stores like Shopko, etc. Today I was buying my contacts solution and saw some really nice and cheap panties for sale, and was going to grab some but unfortunately they don't carry any size below a 5. ...That's horrid. Really. Why do 0s exist if no one sells them? >_> x_X;

Nor can I shop at some of the stores whose styles I like, like The Limited or Express or some others. Because their size 0 Short jeans are way too baggy and long. Ugh.

You have no idea how difficult it is for me to find jeans/pants in general that fit. That's probably why I just stick to skirts x_x;

*thoughts of turmoil at recounting this*

sockmonkey
07-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Meh, I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinna guy. 100% cotton 100% of the time.

Captain Maxx Power
07-24-2007, 11:51 AM
It's quite simple. You see as human beings we are constantly subjected to the idea that our lives are finite. A result of this combined with our self awareness is that humans can and will fall into a never-ending cycle of fear, hatred and depression over this inevitable and unavoidable fact. As such certain individuals find it helps to overcome these feelings by focusing their attentions on the acquisition of items that display certain positive traits as monetary worth and stylistic understanding. This is particularly prevelant in western countries as people's attentions are diverted away from everyday pursuits of survival since many have food, medicine and housing provided without much hardship or strife. In other words people are obsessed with clothing because it allows them to live their lives without falling into depression over death.

sockmonkey
07-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Your insightful and probably correct stement has the unfortunate side effect of murdering this thread.
How's that for irony?

Rostum
07-26-2007, 08:53 AM
I wear what I think looks good. I like to think that I have a good fashion sense, and I do like to spend a bit of money on my clothes.

Levian
07-26-2007, 10:12 AM
I kept inheriting clothes from my siblings till I was 12, I was the blast from the past. Now I buy most of my clothes on Jack & Jones. Mostly because I like most of their clothes and I know I'm more likely to walk out of that store with a bag in my hand. I don't care about labels at all, unless they're strawberry flavoured or something.

Mirage
07-26-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm a function over form person. I wear clothes primary to to cover up my skin, and keep me warm, and they need to be of good enough quality to last for a while, so I generally buy clothes that are made from decent quality materials. After that's taken care of, how the clothes make me look are taken into consideration, but a higher price is never justified by some silly, minuscule detail.

scrumpleberry
07-26-2007, 01:22 PM
I don't follow fashion or a style like emo/goth/whatev but I do like to look nice. I have few clothes, but I choose them well. I hope.