PDA

View Full Version : Happy Bucket Productions

Værn
07-20-2007, 08:58 AM
YouTube - Happy Bucket vs Angry Bucket Ep. 1 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mu1YgnL27b8)
I have no clue what we're trying to do yet... my brother says we'll become rich and famous from making these, but I think we'll more likely just achieve the much-desired position of the most idiotic filmmakers on the internet.
Anyways, he told me to get this video out there so it can get out there... so here you go!
(I'm Angry Bucket)

YouTube - Happy Bucket Productions Presents Happy Bomb (http://youtube.com/watch?v=pzjDNbKIq0A)
Also, we recorded ourselves setting off badly modified fireworks... He decided that, just to get a second video out there just to try getting more video views, he would try syncing it up with some music and releasing it as a "Happy Bucket Production."
One of the two was a completely failed attempt; we packed it all in backwards from what we should have and the mortar ball that was in it completely vaporized everything else, and we only caught a quarter of it on camera. The other one was intentionally stupid, firing two mortar balls upside-down, along with one going off the right way with a bunch of bottle rockets.
Badly modified fireworks, once again, lean in the direction of achieving "most idiotic filmmakers on the internet."

Rostum
07-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Umm... :sweat:

scrumpleberry
07-20-2007, 06:20 PM
...Interesting.

Try doing some more things with the characters, you might find some ideas that tickle your fancy.

Shoeberto
07-20-2007, 08:15 PM
The ending of the first one seriously made me lol. Probably would've been funnier without the close-up on the guy's neck - you can't take the audience's intelligence for granted, if they see one guy holding a bucket and the scyth in the ground next to a headless man, they'll get the point without a close-up.

I think the bucket head premise could be taken somewhere though. Just gotta keep being creative with it.

fredsanford
07-20-2007, 08:29 PM
I would find it funny if you had the bucket head being give life in a laboratory. Make a Frankenstein type episode. Where one is the scientist and the other bucket head. Just an idea.

Værn
07-20-2007, 09:21 PM
I shall submit some of those ideas ^_^
But, of course, this stuff is pretty much minimum budget... the buckets probably cost my brother 50-75 cents each and the marker was something like $1.89 (really expensive marker, but all they had at the gas station).
Don't know where I'm going to get my hands on a laboratory, but I have everything I need somewhere around here to make one of these things (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~physics/lecture_demo/images/elec.mag/jacob2.L.jpg) for effects =D I have all of the stuff left over from when we built a plasma globe ^_^

fredsanford
07-21-2007, 01:28 AM
But ah, the low budget and the genius of working with what little you have is what makes the whole thing humorous. :moomba:

ACtually you could do some wicked slap stick comedy here if you did this with a low FPS.Im sure programs can get you that effect. 16 , 13 FPS would be great. 24 is most likely what is at now. 16 I believe if I remember correctly from college is silent speed if not 13 or 14 for sure.

Shoeberto
07-21-2007, 07:36 AM
ACtually you could do some wicked slap stick comedy here if you did this with a low FPS.Im sure programs can get you that effect. 16 , 13 FPS would be great. 24 is most likely what is at now. 16 I believe if I remember correctly from college is silent speed if not 13 or 14 for sure.
Unless you have a prosumer camcorder, it's unlikely the FPS of the footage can be altered. There are programs out there that allow you to modify the speed (that do it in an more advanced way than "duplicate every fram x times") however unless you guys want to install Linux it'd be hard to find a free program to do it.

A lot of neat stuff can be done at zero budget if you're willing to get creative or do some research - film makers often share their tips of the trade on how to achieve desired effects using household items :)