PDA

View Full Version : Namco-Bandai announces 4 new "Tales of..." games. One of them will be for the Wii!=)

Crossblades
07-20-2007, 05:10 PM
AllRPG - Latest News (http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=3274)

NeoGAF, via a Shonen Jump magazine scan and Namco-Bandai conference details, has details on four new Tales of... games that have been announced by Namco-Bandai.

Here are the names and the currently known details.

Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut: For the PlayStation 2, includes new difficulties, events, and etc.

Tales of Rebirth: Port of the PlayStation 2 game to the PSP.

Tales of Innocence: For the Nintendo DS, an all new title. Looks to be using an updated version of the engine used for Tales of the Tempest (the DS game that hasn't been localized for North America).

Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk: For the Nintendo Wii, this game will take two place after the events of Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube. The two new main characters will apparently meet the original's cast, but it is unclear whether the original cast will be able to join your party.

All of those titles are expected to be released in 2008, but Tales of Innocence may be able to hit a 2007 release date. Of course, no localization has been announced for these games.

An important detail to note is that Namco-Bandai has announced that the Nintendo DS will be the lead platform for all new Tales of... games in the future.

Be sure to check back for updates.

KentaRawr!
07-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Heh, interesting that it's a sequel to Tales of Symphonia. The wii one, that is.

Crossblades
07-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Here is a scan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Crossblades/talesAnn.jpg

KentaRawr!
07-20-2007, 05:19 PM
That's a pretty fucking huge revolver.

Crossblades
07-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Found some more screens

ToD: DC
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/toddc/screens/toddc1.jpg

ToI
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/toi/screens/toi1.jpg
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/toi/screens/toi2.jpg

ToS:KoR
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/toskor/screens/toskor1.jpg

Vermachtnis
07-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Wait, Tales of Destiny: Remake Remake?

LunarWeaver
07-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Great Jubbah! A sequel to Symphonia? I am so buying a Wii for the sole reason of playing that one single game. I wish I was kidding, but I bought a Dreamcast and Gamecube both for a single game lawlo. Don't think I won't do it, people.

Larahl
07-20-2007, 05:43 PM
So now all the main games in the series are going to be on the DS?
Well, at least I can see what they're gonna do with the series on the current generation consoles with the Tales of Symphonia sequel...kinda.

Roto13
07-20-2007, 05:46 PM
ToS Sequel? Hell yeah!

Crossblades
07-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Wait, Tales of Destiny: Remake Remake?

Not really a remake remake. More like a re-release with new features, kinda like FF XII:International Zodiac job System. At least I think so anyway.

qwertysaur
07-20-2007, 06:03 PM
An sequel to Tales of Symphonia? I am so happy now.:D

Karellen
07-20-2007, 06:35 PM
If we are lucky we might see two of those games released outside of Japan.

Also, moving the series to the NDS seems like kind of an odd move since Tales of the Tempest was somewhat of a failure compared to the rest.

ljkkjlcm9
07-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Holy crap, tales of symphonia sequel FTFW

it better be just as good as ToS
I have a Wii, and I've played ToS on it more than any other game lol...wait, maybe smash bros.

THE JACKEL

Vincent Valentine
07-20-2007, 11:53 PM
This is what I would calling "milking a dead cow".

I mean, the Tales series is great, and you won't find a bigger fan of the series than myself, but isn't this going just a bit too far? Is there really enough fan interest to support all these games?

Zeromus_X
07-21-2007, 12:09 AM
This is what I would calling "milking a dead cow".

I mean, the Tales series is great, and you won't find a bigger fan of the series than myself, but isn't this going just a bit too far? Is there really enough fan interest to support all these games?

They announced a sequel to Tales of Symphonia. I'm sure that alone will generate enough fan interest.

Personally I'm more excited about the PSP port of Rebirth and the 'Director's Cut' of ToDr. This means that there's another chance these games will receive an English release. Since they actually bothered to release Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (they never released any of the other ToW games before, since they had JP-exclusive game characters), there's a possibility.

LunarWeaver
07-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Tales games just have different teams working on different games. It can seem oversaturated, but somebody must be gobbling all of them up or the series would end. Imagine if you lived in Japan where they all get released and not just 1/3 of them.

I only welcome the abundance if they keep the quality up. I really don't want to get a great Symphonia, wait through a mediocre Legendia, and then get back to great Abyss again. Skip the middle child altogether I say.

Vermachtnis
07-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Tales games just have different teams working on different games. It can seem oversaturated, but somebody must be gobbling all of them up or the series would end. Imagine if you lived in Japan where they all get released and not just 1/3 of them.

I only welcome the abundance if they keep the quality up. I really don't want to get a great Symphonia, wait through a mediocre Legendia, and then get back to great Abyss again. Skip the middle child altogether I say.

Boooo, I liked Legendia better.

Anyway, I'm all in favor of "milking a dead cow" if it gives me more to play. And that's just what a sequel to Symphonia will do. And that Tales of Rebirth port will be the best thing if it's relesed over here.

jj984jj
07-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to the DS game by Alfa System more?

CimminyCricket
07-21-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm almost excited.

sir helix
07-21-2007, 07:23 AM
in my oppinian tales of symphonia sucked eggs threw a straw

Crossblades
07-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to the ToS sequel. The first one was very enjoyable and I hope the sequel is just as good. I hope Regal Bryant is playable again. He rocks :D. I just beat the GBA version of ToP last week and I've been itchin to play another Tales game.(I don't have a PSP to play Radiant Mythology and my friend still has Disc 2 of ToE >_>)

Vermachtnis
07-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to the ToS sequel. The first one was very enjoyable and I hope the sequel is just as good. I hope Regal Bryant is playable again. He rocks :D. I just beat the GBA version of ToP last week and I've been itchin to play another Tales game.(I don't have a PSP to play Radiant Mythology and my friend still has Disc 2 of ToE >_>)

Get it back! Tales of Eternia is the best Tales of game IMO.

Roto13
07-21-2007, 06:14 PM

Tales of the Abyss (PS2) for the win.

Anyway, I'd say the odds of the ToS sequel making it out over here are pretty good considering that the original did so well in NA. I'm sure that's the only reason we even got Tales of Legendia and Tales of the Abyss and the Tales of Phantasia port. :P

Crossblades
07-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Get it back! Tales of Eternia is the best Tales of game IMO.

I don't know if I would go as far as saying it's the best Tales game, but yes, Eternia is a very fun game to play. =)

Tales of the Abyss (PS2) for the win.

Ah yes, another good Tales game. I've been wanting to replay that game for a while now. Maybe I should......

sephirothishere
07-22-2007, 03:16 PM
PHANTASIA >:[ Anyway... I suppose I should invest in a DS for some Phantasia esque funtime~ But ya, tales of games are quite spectacular, good gameplay, dramatic story lines and such. I can see how, after so many games, some of them seem lack luster. They reminded me of Star Ocean games, and there were only three of those aside from ports.

Crossblades
07-22-2007, 05:04 PM
New info on the new games

RPGFan News - New Details on Newest Tales Games Revealed (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1243.html)

Yesterday we brought you news about the four newest additions to Bandai Namco Games' ever popular Tales series having been announced in Tokyo. Today we have some more information on those four games to share, courtesy of GameWatch.
Tales of Innocence, the second Tales installment to appear on Nintendo's DS after last year's Tales of the Tempest is developed by Alfa System. Alfa System has a long track record working with various Tales installments from Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 to Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology and Tales of Destiny for PlayStation Portable. Development of Tales of Innocence began at around the same time as the development of Radiant Mythology.

At this point the game is apparently already playable. Furthermore, at Tokyo Game Show, Bandai Namco will show off the Production I.G-made opening sequence.

Tales of Innocence will feature 3D graphics and a battle system tentatively called Dimension Stride Linear Motion Battle System. Said battle engine is based on Tales of the Abyss' Flex Range Linear Motion Battle System and Tales of Destiny's Aerial Linear Motion Battle System, meaning fans can look forward to a lot of aerial combo action.

Mutsumi Inomata returns as main character designer. The game's sword-wielding protagonist is called Ruca Milda, while the straight-forward and honest Iria Animi will be the female led. Ruca is described by its creators as a traditional RPG hero whose character will grow while he interacts with fellow party members.

Tales of Innocence takes places in a world which has known nothing but full-scale war for a long time. Amidst this chaos, the imperial capital of Regnum continues to enjoy peace thanks to its superior military power. All of a sudden, people with extraordinary powers begin to appear. Because they are feared and hated, the government begins to arrest them. Just at that time, Ruca, son of a merchant family realizes he also happens to possess these extraordinary powers. Last, but not least, the game's main theme "Follow The Nightingale" will be performed by Japanese songstress KOKIA. Tales of Innocence will be available in Japan sometime this winter.

Tales of Symphonia Ratatosk no Kishi (Knights of Ratatosk, tentative title) is a sequel to the popular GameCube and PlayStation 2 (Japan Only) title Tales of Symphonia. This new game will take place three years after the events of the prequel.

The development team promises improved visuals, extensive use of the Wii's unique control scheme, as well as new towns and dungeons. While the system will be based on Symphonia's, the sequel will also allow for players to capture and raise monsters, which can be used as party members. The game's protagonist is call Emil, while the heroine's name is Marta. Furthermore, characters from Tales of Symphonia are set to make appearances in the game. Tales of Symphonia Ratatosk no Kishi will go on sale in Japan sometime next spring.

Details about the PlayStation Portable version of Tales of Rebirth are still far and few in between. So far, Bandai Namco Games has only confirmed the addition of widescreen support and a gallery mode, but apparently those are not the only original features of this handheld release. Tales of Rebirth for PlayStation Portable will hit Japanese retail store shelves in early 2008.

Finally, there is the Tales of Destiny Director's Cut for PlayStation 2. The director's cut will feature a wide number of improvements, including new sub character events, new levels of difficulty, hints being displayed in dungeons, and the option to carry over one's save data from Tales of Destiny. Arguably the biggest addition however is Lion Mode. In this mode, players can experience Tales of Destiny's story through the eyes of Lion Magnus. The game's limited edition, which was also announced at the event, will come in a special box and ship with an original DVD.

Tales of Destiny Director's Cut will be available for Japanese PlayStation 2 owners in early 2008.

LunarWeaver
07-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Tales of Symphonia Ratatosk no Kishi. Lol, Kishi. 3 years after Symphonia, eh? I wonder if Genis and Raine will have aged at all, or if Lloyd and [chosen partner] have run around collecting EX gems or whatnot.

Vermachtnis
07-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Whoa, only three years. I was really hoping farther along, but now I'm hoping for Seles to have a big role. I'm with Lunar and wonder what's happening with Lloyd and uhmm...[chosen partner]* with their journey.

Is it just me or does Iria (Straight-foward and honest) kind of sound like Farah?

*Chosen Partner is Sheena!!!

LunarWeaver
07-22-2007, 06:50 PM
*Chosen Partner is Sheena!!!

She better be :bigsmile:

Don't read my spoiler, it contains cold, hard truth!
Sheena > Colette.

Roto13
07-22-2007, 11:31 PM
It'll probably be Colette because she has nothing else going for her. xP

crono_logical
07-23-2007, 12:50 AM
I don't think I could play ToD:</>DC any time soon, I only just finished ToDR last month though with Arcana Ruins still to do :p

ToS2 sounds like it could have an interesting control system :p

Crossblades
07-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Trailer for Tales of Innocence

YouTube - Tales of Innocence [DS] trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p6dtfoCDO8)

Rengori
07-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Alright, I can get two of these.

Crossblades
08-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Here's some propaganda for Tales of Innocence. 2 new playable characters. One could dual-wield swords just like Lloyd Irving:D

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/toi/propaganda/toi2.jpg

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/toi/propaganda/toi3.jpg

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/toi/propaganda/toi4.jpg

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/toi/propaganda/toi5.jpg