PDA

View Full Version : So

Heath
07-20-2007, 08:09 PM
This is not a thread for posting spoilers plzkthx

Who's had the new Harry Potter book spoilt for them then? A friend (well, I say friend) thought it would be a hilarious idea to put "X KILLS Y" as his MSN name. I've no idea whether it's true or not, but it's still rather annoying. Since it seems there's an abundance of people out there who think it's jolly hilarious to spoil it for people, I think it's become increasingly difficult to avoid it. There's some obvious measures to take though that spring to mind, but all it takes is one person being an idiot, really.

If you've managed to avoid it being spoilt for you, have you taken any special measures in order to preserve your ignorance?

El Bandito
07-20-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't mind spoilers that much since I still enjoy the story even if I know the ending. I like to tease my friends and make up fake spoilers for things (like I told them Morpheus dies in the second Matrix). Though I wouldn't do that to some random person.

However, this video got me so hard that all I could do is laugh. (you've been warned)

YouTube - AMAZING leeroy jenkins remix MUST SEE!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vas-7a7is)

Namelessfengir
07-20-2007, 08:16 PM
i haven't had it spoiled ... but i don't care i don't read this :skull::skull::skull::skull:e

Momiji
07-21-2007, 03:33 AM

Who's had the new Harry Potter book spoilt for them then? A friend (well, I say friend) thought it would be a hilarious idea to put "X KILLS Y" as his MSN name. I've no idea whether it's true or not, but it's still rather annoying. Since it seems there's an abundance of people out there who think it's jolly hilarious to spoil it for people, I think it's become increasingly difficult to avoid it. There's some obvious measures to take though that spring to mind, but all it takes is one person being an idiot, really.

If you've managed to avoid it being spoilt for you, have you taken any special measures in order to preserve your ignorance?

It's Psy isn't it?

Psychotic
07-21-2007, 03:41 AM
If it is me you're referring to, I assure you it's a joke. I have no idea whether it is true or not, I just threw together a couple of random characters.

I've been hit in the face by plenty of true spoiler bombs (with scanned pages provided as proof! hurray) and thus that's my way of parodying twats who do spoil.

Momiji
07-21-2007, 03:44 AM
If it is me you're referring to, I assure you it's a joke. I have no idea whether it is true or not, I just threw together a couple of random characters.

I've been hit in the face by plenty of true spoiler bombs (with scanned pages provided as proof! hurray) and thus that's my way of parodying twats who do spoil.

Oh, okay then. I've been scared to talk to you ever since you put that in your name because I thought you'd give it away. :(

Meat Puppet
07-21-2007, 03:54 AM
If anyone was going to be spoiling anything for anyone else, then the swine who spoils is likely to be Psychotic. I speak from personal experience here, folks.

Avoid him at all costs.

Shoeberto
07-21-2007, 04:01 AM
Jon Stewart had a pretty good quote on the subject. "What drives people to feel the need to do this? It seems like mean-spirited dickery."

Germ Hamee
07-21-2007, 04:12 AM
I'm not really even a fan of Harry Potter and this is getting on my nerves. I've had to drop so many LJ communities since this started, only because people INSIST on posting their spoilers as HUGELY as possible. The scanned pictures have made it even worse. My poor friends list was being raped! :eek:

Shoeberto
07-21-2007, 04:15 AM
I'm not really even a fan of Harry Potter and this is getting on my nerves. I've had to drop so many LJ communities since this started, only because people INSIST on posting their spoilers as HUGELY as possible. The scanned pictures have made it even worse. My poor friends list was being raped! :eek:
Doing that here will result in a ban.
(not accusing you; just saying it here so it can be considered established in case someone does it and gets all "but you never said anything!!!!" when we ban 'em!)

Heath
07-21-2007, 02:45 PM

It's Psy isn't it?

Oh no, I'm not quite that silly! I got quite a laugh out of Psy's actually.

ReloadPsi
07-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Alas, earwax.

How not to have something spoiled: Cancel your internet subscription. It's the only way.

It's like, there was this woman who was out gathering firewood, and she found a snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. Then, one day, the snake jumped up and bit her. The woman asked "Why have you done this to me?" The snake replies "Look bitch, you knew I was a snake." (lol NBK)

The internet is the snake. You, the user, are the woman. The snake will bite you repeatedly, be it in spoilers, shock sites like (GOAT) or (TUB) or whatever. You'll never be able to avoid it. I know this and I accept it: I was a bit miffed when I learned of the relevance between Wolzard and the Ozu family.

Rye
07-21-2007, 03:11 PM
I was told some spoilers about certain characters dying, which I shrugged off, but they have turned out to be all true so far and I'm very upset.

Kirobaito
07-21-2007, 03:19 PM
I was very, very careful. Very careful.

I wore noise-drowning headphones to the midnight party, just in case, though I turned out not to need them, and very happily turned every page without knowing what would happen.

Roto13
07-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Harry dies.

No he doesn't.

Which is true? Which isn't? OH IT'S A MYSTERY!

Heath
07-22-2007, 12:59 AM
I was very, very careful. Very careful.

I wore noise-drowning headphones to the midnight party, just in case, though I turned out not to need them, and very happily turned every page without knowing what would happen.

I've seen some videos on YouTube of people trying to sabotage the releases, though they were generally incredibly lame (both in execution and in even wanting to spoil in the first place).

Thankfully, the spoiler in my friend's name wasn't true after all. For anyone interested, it was 'Bellatrix kills Ron'.

Psychotic
07-22-2007, 02:03 AM
Ah, I've heard that spoiler too, but it just seemed so unlikely that I did not believe it.

Resha
07-22-2007, 08:18 PM
I didn't do a thing to avoid spoilers, and yet not a single one found its way to me? I find that creepy. Maybe I am the ANTI-SPOILER.

Heath
07-22-2007, 11:11 PM
I didn't do a thing to avoid spoilers, and yet not a single one found its way to me? I find that creepy. Maybe I am the ANTI-SPOILER.

You could have sold lucky charms or something to ward off spoilers to thousands of insane, gullible Harry Potter fans and become a billionaire.

Tallulah
07-22-2007, 11:50 PM

You could have sold lucky charms or something to ward off spoilers to thousands of insane, gullible Harry Potter fans and become a billionaire.

Aww, why did I not think of that? BLAST! :mad2:

Shlup
07-23-2007, 12:45 AM
Last night I kept harassing my cousins with fake spoilers. It was fun.

HEDWIG MARRIED HERMOINE!

Araciel
07-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Last night I kept harassing my cousins with fake spoilers. It was fun.

HEDWIG MARRIED HERMOINE!

really? i heard hermione married dobby

Shlup
07-23-2007, 12:48 AM
No, she just had Dobby's child.

Araciel
07-23-2007, 12:49 AM
ahhh yea i can't imagine how many dark nights of improper ear pulling...

Heath
07-23-2007, 01:05 AM
I suppose it's a new definition for the term 'love handles.'