PDA

View Full Version : Im at the magic only tower.

fredsanford
07-22-2007, 04:05 AM
Im at the magic only tower part of the game. I can only use magic. I have levels 76 CELES , TERRA 75, EDGAR 76.

Fanatics' Tower

I dont know how to approach the guy at the top , he is a pain in the butt. What levels do you recommend and so on. His different shields are a pain in the rear as well . I have plenty of magic but it heals him...so I use berserk on him , but that will take about a year....

Slothy
07-22-2007, 04:49 AM
Cast Life 3 on a character or you'll never win. Also, just spam Ultima until he goes down. It's non-elemental so he can't absorb it. Cheapest strategy in the game (aside fom vanish-doom, though that was fixed in the Advance version), but it works. Also, don't worry about levels. You're at least 30-40 levels above what you need to beat any enemy in the game with ease.

Xurts
07-22-2007, 05:41 AM
How can you possibly lose with levels in the 70s? I went there at 45 max and didn't have any trouble at all. Put Cure3 on everyone and spam Ultima.

The Ceej
07-22-2007, 05:56 AM
Of course, if you want everyone to gain experience and AP, you need to cast Life 3 on everybody. Your levels are more than adequate. In the unlikely event that you don't have Ultima, you're going to have to determine his weakness. However, first, you want to cast Berserk on him so he can't change it again. I'm not sure because I had Ultima, but I think Scan will tell you his weakness. After you determine his weakness, hit him with the strongest spells you have that coincide with his weakness. Of course, in the unlikely event that you don't have those spells, you're going to want to force him to shift weaknesses before you cast Berserk on him or you're SOL.

But yeah. By far, the easiest way to beat him is with Ultima. Carry economizers and whatever it is that allows you to doublecast. This will prevent Ultima from wearing down your MP. Otherwise, carry a lot of Ethers and Tinctures.

blackmage_nuke
07-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Give everyone a reflect ring and wait, or use ultima. That life 3 thing is a good idea unless you have alot of hp

f f freak
07-22-2007, 01:55 PM
I beat this tower at level 30-35. I'm only on level 40 in Kefka's tower. I had Ultima and Reraise with both Terra and Celes. Gogo Mimicked everything which was damn useful and Mog just done nothing. They all had Reflect Rings apart from Terra who had Soul of Thamasa and Gold Hairpin for two Ultima's for the price of one. If you haven't got Ultima or Reraise then just run around getting in fights at the Fanatics Tower. You get like 7 AP a fight.

fredsanford
07-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Oh dang, where can I get ultima? :):confused: Ok so I need more AP. Im almost level 80....eh?

Crossblades
07-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Oh dang, where can I get ultima? :):confused: Ok so I need more AP. Im almost level 80....eh?

Ragnarok Esper or the Paladin Shield. But unless you have Life 3, you'll never win.

fredsanford
07-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Ragnarok Esper, thank you. I will seek it out.

Siegfried
07-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Ok look, you do NOT need Ultima...
you DO need Life 3 though, which comes from the Phoenix Esper
The easiest strategy here is to cast berserk on the guy, that way he can only attack and cannot cast spells/wall change.
From there, annihilate him as you wish, wither by beserking 3 guys and having the other cure or finding his weakness and exploiting it...
Oh and if no one else has said it... Life 3= Reraise

Sorry, this is exactly what the Ceej said, so do that

fredsanford
07-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Ok look, you do NOT need Ultima...
you DO need Life 3 though, which comes from the Phoenix Esper
The easiest strategy here is to cast berserk on the guy, that way he can only attack and cannot cast spells/wall change.
From there, annihilate him as you wish, wither by beserking 3 guys and having the other cure or finding his weakness and exploiting it...
Oh and if no one else has said it... Life 3= Reraise

Sorry, this is exactly what the Ceej said, so do that
Ok thank you ! I really didnt want to hunt down espers at this point of the game anyways . I think I might have phoenix. If I dont well then I hope I can still get her/ it.

Cast berserk on him, good idea. I casted berserk on my own guys before because I had nothing that could hurt him. That is a good idea though. Thank you.

ljkkjlcm9
07-22-2007, 06:12 PM
to be invincible, cast Life 3 on everyone, then cast berserk on him, then cast Invis on all your guys. He'll just attack physically cause he's berserk, meaning he can't hit you, then he'll cast Ultima when he dies, but Life 3 will bring back anyone he kills.

to actually hit him, do whatever. You could bring umaro, and he'll attack physically for you
oh and if your characters have about 7000 HP, they might at those levels, then you don't need Life 3, actually

The first time I beat him on the SNES I just had Sabin with a muscle belt to have enough HP to survive cause I never understood life 3(I was young forgive me)

THE JACKEL

fredsanford
07-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Alright, Ive missed alot of espers, I see that now. :eek:

Im going to trust LEVEL up and use berserk on him and a few of my guys and hope for the best.

The Ceej
07-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Just remember, he will cast Ultima when he dies, and it will kill your entire party. Just remember to cast Life 3 on everyone. People are saying it's not necessary, but Ultima will take striaght 9's off your entire party. There's no way to survive it without Life 3.

fredsanford
07-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Just remember, he will cast Ultima when he dies, and it will kill your entire party. Just remember to cast Life 3 on everyone. People are saying it's not necessary, but Ultima will take striaght 9's off your entire party. There's no way to survive it without Life 3.

Ok thank you...I dont think i even have life 3...:skull::skull::skull::skull:..Im be back soon I fear . :p

Im there now, climbing the stairs.

Getting up there was alot easier than before. Piece of cake, I just hope that I dont die at the end of this fight Im about to get in. Im at the fight.

I owned him, but you were right ultima takes off straight 9's...I did not survive it. :rolleyes2

Where and how do I get life 3?

Edit by Psychotic: Please don't post multiple times in a row, fredsandford. Use the edit/delete button if you'd like to add something. Thanks a lot!

The Ceej
07-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Life 3 is learned through Phoenix. I don't remember where to get it, and I'm too lazy to look it up. I'm sure someone will explain that part. At least one person needs to know Life 3 before the battle starts. In order to win the battle, at least one person has to have Life 3 cast on him, and it would be best to have it cast on everyone lest you end up the same way you just ended up. Seems your strategy works, you just need Life 3.

Phoenix.

Also, maybe the reason you don't have Ragnorok is that you had him refined into a sword. There's a point in the game where you find a rock. You have the option to keep the rock or refine it into a sword. The sword is allegedly the most powerful in the game, but if you elect not to have it forged, you find out the rock is the Magicite Ragnorok, which isn't really a good summon, but he teaches you the best magic in the game, Ulitma. That being said, you need to find Phoenix and get Life 3.

fredsanford
07-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Will do, I just wish I knew what this place looked like...

The Unknown Guru
07-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Cast Berserk on him and Vanish on you and it will be over in no time.

Oh, don't forget Life 3.

eestlinc
07-23-2007, 02:23 AM
To get Phoenix esper you need to go to the Phoenix Cave (go figure). That's a whole quest in itself, with multiple parties.

although, at levels in the 70s your should have enough HP to survive his final Ultima. I'm fairly certain i've survived it before without Life3.

The Ceej
07-23-2007, 04:07 AM
You must be mistaken. Ultima against your party always takes off straight 9's. You can't survive it without Life 3. I believe he has proven that.

fredsanford
07-23-2007, 02:51 PM
To get Phoenix esper you need to go to the Phoenix Cave (go figure). That's a whole quest in itself, with multiple parties.

although, at levels in the 70s your should have enough HP to survive his final Ultima. I'm fairly certain i've survived it before without Life3.

Why is everyone always so ego-proud. Of course I go to the place of the phoenix, the phoenix cave to get it ....Ever since the world was shifted around though I dont only know not what it looks like, but also I have no idea which cave it is out of a map with several caves on it. I could fly around for a while looking for the damn thing. :)

The Ceej
07-23-2007, 04:11 PM
I may remember wrong, but I think you have to land your airship on the Phoenix Cave. I know there's some area where you split into two parties where you do that. And if that's the Phoenix Cave, prepare to work for your esper. Your levels are high, so the battles shouldn't be a problem, but getting through the area is a puzzle that it takes some brainpower to solve. It helps if you're looking at a map so you can plan your moves ahead. If the cave I'm thinking of is the Phoenix Cave, I think it's somewhere on the western part of the map. It doesn't so much look like a cave. Look for something surrounded by mountains and try to land your airship on it. You'll go to a scene on the airship where they talk about splitting into two parties. If this happens, you've chosen the right place. Assuming I'm right, that is. It's been a while for me.

fredsanford
07-23-2007, 04:27 PM
I may remember wrong, but I think you have to land your airship on the Phoenix Cave. I know there's some area where you split into two parties where you do that. And if that's the Phoenix Cave, prepare to work for your esper. Your levels are high, so the battles shouldn't be a problem, but getting through the area is a puzzle that it takes some brainpower to solve. It helps if you're looking at a map so you can plan your moves ahead. If the cave I'm thinking of is the Phoenix Cave, I think it's somewhere on the western part of the map. It doesn't so much look like a cave. Look for something surrounded by mountains and try to land your airship on it. You'll go to a scene on the airship where they talk about splitting into two parties. If this happens, you've chosen the right place. Assuming I'm right, that is. It's been a while for me.
OOOH dang, I think I know what you are talking about. The problem is that I favored my levels , the rest of my party members are low levels...Only one of my partys stands a chance.

Slothy
07-23-2007, 06:15 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/ff6/maps/ff6-worldofruin-siggied.png

Use that map to find it. Land your airship in the middle of the star-shaped mountain range on the southern continent. It also shouldn't matter what level your other characters are. As long as they are backed up by even one of your level 70+ characters with decent magic then you'll slaughter anything that moves in that cave. You shouldn't have any trouble getting two parties through alive.

fredsanford
07-23-2007, 06:22 PM
THANK YOU! and so my quest begins!

Im working on learning the phoenix now, dinosaur forest.

Please don't double post, fredsanford! Use the edit/delete button if you have something to add. :) -- foa

Siegfried
07-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Mog also can make life 1000x easier in the tower...
The Moogle Charm equiped to him makes random encounters never happen...ever...
So walking up all that tower is simple as pie

fredsanford
07-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Actually playing again I think 2 of my guys did in fact survive his ultima...barely. I dont know though. I beat him, got life 3 and all that.

That X magic is saving me . Im in kefka's tower training. I have Terra and Cyan on one party and I have to fight

Inferno & Striker & Rough . i brought like 93 tents to the tower so i should be able to train.

Im at the save game point now near inferno. He wouldnt be hard if he didnt have that stupid stone magic move.
</pre>

Please do not double post. If you have to add to your post, use the edit/delete button. There is one in every post. ~ Leeza

f f freak
07-24-2007, 08:15 PM
You must be mistaken. Ultima against your party always takes off straight 9's. You can't survive it without Life 3. I believe he has proven that

No it doesn't. If spread across multiple people it inflicts less damage. It only just inflicted 5000 damage on my 4 people. This was still too much as my peeps had like 2000 Hp. (Level 30 roughly)

fredsanford
07-24-2007, 08:38 PM
I not double posting anymore. :) Thanks for all help. Yah at like level72...I barely survived it so...yah...

sockmonkey
07-25-2007, 06:37 AM
You can always pop over to the dinosaur woods with the experience egg and level one guy up to 99 so you have at least one person who will survive Ultima.

Dark Messenger
07-28-2007, 02:28 PM
The Fanatics boss can also be beaten by Rasp, I've heard. I've never tried it since Rasp takes off so little MP... and he has around 50000 MP... and 50000 HP.

Jowy
08-01-2007, 05:43 PM
If you MP kill him, he'll still use Ultima though.

MP killing is retarded anyway, sans against Skull Dragon v2.

Xurts
08-01-2007, 06:41 PM
If you MP kill him, he'll still use Ultima though.

MP killing is retarded anyway, sans against Skull Dragon v2.
Rasp is ftw against Atma Weapon.