PDA

View Full Version : Did Yuna develop an emotional bond with her Aeons?

Peter_20
07-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Possible *SPOILERS*. :)

---

When Yuna summons her Aeons one by one during the final battle, it seems to me that she's in pain, and it keeps getting worse.
I actually would've liked it if her feelings were hurt so much that it left a kind of "wound" or whatever in her soul forever.
Oh well, if FFX-2 weren't to continue the game, it would be a very moving way to end it.
Think about it! - Yuna travels with her Aeons for a long time, and her bond with them grows to a kind of love.
Then, she has to sacrifice them and defeat them, and this would definitely be painful.
I would kinda like it if she was hurt so badly that she never fully recovered.
I might sound sadistic, but it would be pretty touching.

qwertysaur
07-22-2007, 10:04 PM
I think she did feel an emotional bond. The fayth lend their stength to the summoner, in the form of aeons. As the aeons were being possesed by Yu-Yevon, it seemed to me that both Yuna and the aeons were crying.

atlanteay
07-22-2007, 10:15 PM
...and then X-2 ruined it all

BG-57
07-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Considering what she says to the Aeons she summons under normal circumstances it's fair to say that she both cares for her Aeons and emphathizes with them.

Yuna Summons Valefor;
Yuna: Please, fight with us!

Yuna Summons Valefor;
Yuna: Please...

Yuna Summons Valefor;
Yuna: Hang in there.

Yuna Summons Valefor;
Yuna: Be strong...

Yuna Summons Ifrit;
Yuna: Will you...help us?

Yuna Summons Ixion;
Yuna: My names Yuna. Pleased to meet you.

Yuna Summons Shiva;
Yuna: Please help us.

Yuna Summons Bahamut;
Yuna: Oh, my...

Yuna Summons Yojimbo;
Yuna: Please, clear us a path!

Yuna Summons Anima;
Yuna: I will share your pain with you.

Yuna Summons the Magus Sisters;
Yuna: We need all your help!

And her bond with Valefor is clearly quite strong and special.

ReloadPsi
07-22-2007, 11:12 PM
This is furthered in FFX-2 where she keeps feaking out and getting quite upset at having to defeat the Aeons a second time.

Tavrobel
07-23-2007, 12:16 AM
I actually would've liked it if her feelings were hurt so much that it left a kind of "wound" or whatever in her soul forever.

Oh well, if FFX-2 weren't to continue the game, it would be a very moving way to end it.

She doesn't recover. That's why FFX-2 was made. To show just how deep the bullet lies, and it lies deep indeed.

Big D
07-23-2007, 02:22 AM
She's pretty clearly got a bond with the aeons, I reckon. She knows that they were once living people, like her, who chose a similar path by sacrificing their futures to aid the generations to come. The aeons are trapped, only able to touch the real world as manifestations, and then only when a summoner calls them to aid in a fight; although trapped between life and death, they can still be hurt and defeated. Yuna's a very sensitive woman, I'm sure she'd sympathise with that kind of fate.

Dr. Acula
07-23-2007, 08:04 AM
I think she definitely had an emotional bond with her aeons. You could see the pain she was in when she had to kill them.
Her bond with Valefor was especially strong.

Trisdyn
07-28-2007, 04:02 AM
My god, the title of this just made me laugh.

Yeah X-2 blows.

Jimsour
07-28-2007, 12:16 PM
It was made clear throughout both games that a summoner has a close bond with what they summon. And as someone said, Valefor had a closer bond, being the first Aeon and all that lark and several parts in the game that also show it.

Besides she says outright about the bond she had with the Aeons before the fight with Vegnagun.

Psychotic
07-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Besides she says outright about the bond she had with the Aeons before the fight with Vegnagun.Yup, when Nooj wants to blow himself to bits or whatever his crazy plan was, she said she said how they defeated Sin was wrong and she didn't want any more friends to die, although quite how Nooj is considered to be a friend of Yuna is beyond me.

But yeah, of course she has a bond with them. Heck, even I felt a bit guilty about slaughtering them after all the help they'd given me.

Jimsour
08-01-2007, 02:03 AM
Well she didnt consider him her enemy and while he was a bit weird she would have related to him wanting to rid the world of a huge threat. Plus, her friend (Paine) had a close link with him and the other two.

Hazzard
08-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't even reckon X-2 can coexist or even be attached to X, it pains me to think of it. The ending was too corny, and I know that Tidus really didn't come back. Wakka didn't have a baby. Shuyin and Lenne are fake.

Tallulah
08-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Well, of course, they were like pets to her... more than pets, really. Since she was fihting alonside them, they were more like her comrades.

She was especially fond of Valefor since it was her first aeon. :)

tidus_rox
08-14-2007, 05:10 AM
Emotional bond with her Aeons!? Of course!