PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me out please!

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Ok, about two weeks ago, I ordered a Swap Magic 3 Fliptop set for my slim PS2 from modchip.com. Ok, it took them almost a week longer to mail it then what they told me, which isn't a big deal, but kinda irritating. Well, I finally recieved it, it don't work. When I put it in, it will boot up to the screen where you select load program and when you do, it cuts off and goes to my PS2 browser screen. So, my question is can anyone who knows anything about swap magic tell me whats wrong. I have sent modchip.com 3 emails asking them about it and they haven't replied yet. It is getting me really pissed off because they have ignored me 3 times and if I can't get them to respond, is there like a place that I can report them because I don't know what to do. And no smart ass comments! I am serious about this because I spent a pretty good amount of money. It may not seem like alot to some, but it was a pretty good amount to me.

atlanteay
07-23-2007, 01:10 AM
So it just cuts off like it crashed? or does is slowly fade away? because (maybe you did this and just didn't say it) you need to put in the burned disk after you load program using your fliptop.

Try Welcome to Swap Magic 3 Official Web Site (http://www.swapmagic3.com/index.html) for assistance instead :) If they say the status of it is broken, then you can return the disks or sue them if you want...

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-23-2007, 01:36 AM
So it just cuts off like it crashed? or does is slowly fade away? because (maybe you did this and just didn't say it) you need to put in the burned disk after you load program using your fliptop.

Try Welcome to Swap Magic 3 Official Web Site (http://www.swapmagic3.com/index.html) for assistance instead :) If they say the status of it is broken, then you can return the disks or sue them if you want...

Yeah, I also wrote them and asked them if the disks sounded messed up and haven't heard anything from them. But, the screen goes black and you can hear my PS2 stop loading it and then it goes to the browser screen. And the package that I recieved didn't have an address from them on it. It just had a stamp that said Monoco on it and thats it.

o_O
07-23-2007, 02:38 AM
It shouldn't be doing that. Heres how you should use Swap Magic:
<ul><li>Put Swap Magic in and turn PS2 on</li><li>Wait for Swap Magic to bring up the "Load program" screen</li><li>Open lid (or slide tray out without pressing eject) and remove Swap Magic</li><li>Put in the game you want to play</li><li>Press X</li></ul>
Then the game should boot. If you're doing exactly that then the disc or your PS2 is faulty or incompatible. It's probably the disc.

crono_logical
07-28-2007, 12:24 PM
My SwapMagic does that too if I'm not careful - it's because I warped the modded lid slightly by mistake so it sometimes releases the eject/reset switch when I swap the discs causing the PS2 to do that :p Easy workaround is I make sure I hold down the top and bottom left corners of the lid when opening the cover, swapping the disc, and closing so the switch doesn't get released, and I've never had a problem since :p

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-29-2007, 03:02 AM
I finally got it to work thanks to the help of o_O shortly after posting the thread. Its just everywhere on the net said you had to hit load program and another screen would come up then you swap them.