PDA

View Full Version : I'm a dum-dum -- stayed up all night

Peegee
07-23-2007, 12:57 PM
I had about 2.5 hours of sleep and now I have to work. On the plus side I have a two week vacation after today, but today will be annoying.

I expect a lot of coffee and/or stimulants, or at least lots of food to distract me. Why oh why do I do this? Just cuz I can't sleep I get all 'zomg smurf this I'm going to play video games at night'.

So yeah, do you ever skip out on sleep on a school / work night? What do you to recover?

Ugh I'm only now getting tired, 3 mins before I have to go to work :(

sephirothishere
07-23-2007, 01:13 PM
I do it all the time, not that I am a fan of all nighters. Sometimes you just gotta do it.

ReloadPsi
07-23-2007, 01:27 PM
In the past I've done it twice with work the following day. Fortunately on those occasions there was 1 count of "Liked my job enough anyway" and 1 count of "Going home just after lunch".

Jojee
07-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Yep and on those occasions I usually skip school / call in to work ^_-

Rye
07-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I read Harry Potter from the midnight release until Saturday afternoon with very few hours of sleep, then I had to go to to work.

Needless to say, I was shot.

Lynx
07-23-2007, 01:49 PM
yes i skip out on sleep about twice a week. i work a job 9pm-5:30am and on my days off if i get home and go to sleep i slepe the day away and then at night when im up all my friends are out with there plans so i do nothing. to make up for that loss i stay up instead of going to sleep i drink 2 tons of coffee and amp energy drinks. moutnain dew helps and other drinks to keep me hyper.

Rostum
07-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Man, you're getting vacation! What are you complaining about? Just take the day nice and easy. Think of it like the last day of high school and remember you will be able to at least sleep in the next day (I'd hope).

I felt in a similar way. Hang over, had to read and edit through about 150-200 pages of a text book's chapter. Not very fun at all, but it must be done some times.

Peegee
07-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Man, you're getting vacation! What are you complaining about? Just take the day nice and easy. Think of it like the last day of high school and remember you will be able to at least sleep in the next day (I'd hope).

I felt in a similar way. Hang over, had to read and edit through about 150-200 pages of a text book's chapter. Not very fun at all, but it must be done some times.

But but....it's boring. It's been one hour since I started and I'm like Bleh.

Thankfully I have some flat soda to keep me sane.

D:

Odaisé Gaelach
07-23-2007, 03:10 PM
As long as you keep busy, you'll stay awake and be (mostly) lucid. :)

Loony BoB
07-23-2007, 03:27 PM
I don't think I ever do this unless it's a holiday or a weekend.

daggertrepe
07-23-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't do it either.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't do this.

Namelessfengir
07-23-2007, 04:18 PM
i can do this it all depends on what im doing and how much sleep i get
if i get around 3-4 hours sleep i can keep on going but less than that i can get really pissed at little things like people that breathe:mad:

Vermachtnis
07-23-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm a night owl and when I have to be out during normal daytime, I still act like my normal hyper self. Just yawn a bit more.

Vikeve
07-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Only on weekends I really stay up late.

Araciel
07-23-2007, 05:12 PM
don't do that.

also i have done it in the past, i wouldn't recommend it to anyone like me who virtually hibernates every night.

Freya
07-23-2007, 05:23 PM
I haven't actually ever stayed up the entire night the least I got was like 3 hours of sleep. Tonight i'll be up for like two days >.< I'm leaving for europe tonight and we have to leave at 1:30 am cause the first plane we take is 2 hours away and we have to be there 3 hours before the plane leaves. And then our plane from Denver doesn't even leave till 5 that afternoon. And i'm not going to get any sleep in DIA, that's a given. Sleepless nights HERE I COME!

Northcrest
07-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Nope not really. During school I'm aloud to stay up till 9:00pm, and during the weekends at 11:00pm. During summer I'm aloud to stay up until 11:00pm everyday. But when I go over to a friends house I usually just stay up to abou 1:00am-3:00am in the morning.

Resha
07-23-2007, 08:32 PM
I used to do it a lot. It's usually stay up all night, typing essays and crap (because of course, I couldn't have done it on any night BUT the night before! :rolleyes2) and then go straight to school. Sometimes it's not so bad; I find it much worse to try and scrape a few hours of sleep, because then I really feel leaden. But if I haven't slept at all, I have this weird kind of alertness.

Oh also: six cups of coffee. Some of them black and sugarless. :yuck: it's torture

yanis
07-24-2007, 04:01 AM
I don't remember when I last time was actually sleeping at nights (it's 6am now)...I was just sleeping in a bus while I was going to work!:bgl:

Hambone
07-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I do it every night during the summer (EVERY NIGHT) I can't really help it either.

Rostum
07-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Thankfully I have some flat soda to keep me sane.

D:

What a weird and random thing to say. How does it keep you sane? If anything, I would have thought it'd make you even more bored. Where's the fizz man, where's the fizz?!

Rengori
07-24-2007, 09:28 AM
At least you didn't stay up all night drinking.

Nominus Experse
07-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Sleeping is something that is abnormal in my life.

I prefer to burn.

Captain Maxx Power
07-24-2007, 11:54 AM
I generally try not to go without sleep if I need to be up, but sometimes if I have to do something particularly nerve wracking the day after (e.g. presentation, exam) I may not get any sleep due to nervousness. I've since learned to simply get on without much sleep. Really it's all about rousing yourself after a bad night's sleep since the body will still want to keep you in that drousy state. Once you are awake fully then it's easier to handle yourself during the day, so the second you get up it helps to just start doing activities rather than taking things slowly. Even if your head does feel like a ton of bricks. :cool:

Jess
07-24-2007, 12:59 PM
I used to work from 9.00-6pm, every day but this week it's 9.30-6pm which is a bit better because it gives me a bit of time to wake up before I come to work. I do miss out on a lot of sleep though because I do silly things like go to the pub on a night before work or stay up until stupid o'clock watching movies. :jess:

edit: Red bull & pro plus!