PDA

View Full Version : Cool

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-23-2007, 08:33 PM
You know what would make this game really cool? It would be really cool if you could make Squall flirt with Selphie because Rinoa would get jealous and it would be kind of funny. lol :)

(Final Fantasy VIII doesn't have enough humor IMHO.) After Selphie finished singing her train song Squall could've said something like...

Squall: Wow! You have a great singing voice Selphie. ;) (I'm not sure how subtle this line is.)

Selphie: Tee-hee! Thanks. :bigsmile:

Rinoa: Hey!...I have a great singing voice too! :(

Squall: Sure you do Rinoa...:rolleyes2

Rinoa: I do! :mad2:

Kanshisha
07-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Well, it doesn't really go with the whole story at all.. i guess yeah, it could be funny, but you'd get over it after a while..

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Well, it doesn't really go with the whole story at all.. i guess yeah, it could be funny, but you'd get over it after a while..

I guess that line doesn't go with the story but...there's one line of dialogue that doesn't go with the story of Final Fantasy X.

Tidus: I think you're more my type Lulu.

This line didn't go with the story but it was there because the developers wanted FFX to have some humor.

Xurts
07-24-2007, 12:27 AM

I guess that line doesn't go with the story but...there's one line of dialogue that doesn't go with the story of Final Fantasy X.

Tidus: I think you're more my type Lulu.

This line didn't go with the story but it was there because the developers wanted FFX to have some humor.
That's also because Tidus is one of the most stupid and annoying main characters and because FFX sucks in general.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-24-2007, 05:13 AM
That's also because Tidus is one of the most stupid and annoying main characters and because FFX sucks in general.

And Final Fantasy VIII doesn't suck?

Vermachtnis
07-24-2007, 05:47 AM
I'm in favor of flirting. It makes it more fun.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-24-2007, 08:48 AM
You should have the option of choosing which of the three girls you wish to get it on with. That would be cool

Hambone
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
I suppose it would get a "hehe *sigh* I'm lonely :(" out of me.

BG-57
07-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Actually I'm glad that FVIII doesn't have affection ratings like FFX. Although I like the possibilities of Squall and Selphie, to have the option of flirting with her (or Quistis) and then have him inevitably chose Rinoa would be annoying. I'm not much of a fan of preordained love, but if that's the way it's handled, it's better to just get on with it.

On a side note, I've read a manga series called Imadoki by Yu Watase, where the heroine and hero remind me of Selphie and Squall. So reading it may give you an idea of what kind of relationship they would have as a couple.

McLovin'
07-24-2007, 05:21 PM
That's why have Goldenboko, to humor us with those things.

Xurts
07-24-2007, 05:21 PM

uh, no?

f f freak
07-24-2007, 08:19 PM

uh, Yes of course it does. Everyone knows that.

Fixed.

Captain Maxx Power
07-25-2007, 10:36 AM
In my own mind the real romance is between myself and Quistis :bigsmile:

Godhand
07-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Your dialogue is not hamfisted or nonsensical enough to belong in FFVIII

cloud21zidane16
07-25-2007, 02:54 PM
You should have the option of choosing which of the three girls you wish to get it on with. That would be cool

that would be cool, a little like the FFVII date scene,but i like it how it is:)

atlanteay
07-25-2007, 04:38 PM
On a side note, I've read a manga series called Imadoki by Yu Watase, where the heroine and hero remind me of Selphie and Squall. So reading it may give you an idea of what kind of relationship they would have as a couple.
I love that manga! :D Yeah, it is sort of like Selphie and Squall. Tsukiko is kind of like Quistis. But Rinoa is kind of like Tanpopo too...maybe not as hyper.

Oh, i think the flirting would be cool but think about it. If you spend the whole game flirting with Quistis and ends up with Rinoa..that would be maddening. And they can't make a fmv for each character Squall ends up with. At least not with the PS1 version.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Oh, i think the flirting would be cool but think about it. If you spend the whole game flirting with Quistis and you end up with Rinoa...that would be maddening.

I know but in Final Fantasy X, Tidus and Rikku were kind of flirting with each other at the beginning and Tidus ended up with Yuna...By the way I saw an anime series called "Spiral" and the hero and heroine were kind of like Squall and Selphie.

Godhand
07-25-2007, 09:45 PM
The reason Tidus doesn't get with Rikku is that she is jailbait and he don't want shanked in prison.

True story.

Jessweeee♪
07-25-2007, 10:00 PM

uh, Yes of course it does. Everyone knows that.

Fixed.

Why can't we all be nice :kaobeg2:

...anywayz, it would be a little out of character, but it would be funny n.n

The most humorous scenes for me was

In Galbadia Garden when you let Irvine go off with Rinoa and Selphie, and then they flirt with him out of spite, and then when they go off Quistis sorta flirts with Squall XD

The music scene, when you just jumble up random intruments and Rinoa gets mad at them for playing badly

When Squall tries to find the headmaster and warn him of the missles, and searches in the cafeteria. One of the SeeDs asks Zell if he'd like some hotdogs, only to find that they're all out.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Anyway it would be a little out of character, but it would be funny! n.n

I know it would be out of character but in the beginning of Final Fantasy VIII you get to choose if Squall should show Selphie around Balamb Garden or not...and I always show Selphie where everything is.

f f freak
07-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Anyway it would be a little out of character, but it would be funny! n.n

I know it would be out of character but in the beginning of Final Fantasy VIII you get to choose if Squall should show Selphie around Balamb Garden or not...and I always show Selphie where everything is.

Like your dorm room :jokey:

Goldenboko
07-26-2007, 02:33 AM
That's why have Goldenboko, to humor us with those things.

Damn straight :cool:

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Like your dorm room :jokey:

Nice joke did you make that up or did you text a number on your cell phone?