PDA

View Full Version : Denteest

daggertrepe
07-23-2007, 09:51 PM
So who here actually likes the dentist? I went there today and, alas,

NO CAVITIES!

So yeah, I'm kinda happy, even though I had to endure that crusty nasty toothpaste. :cry:

oddler
07-23-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't mind dentists except when they're doing their job. :mad2:

I haven't been in over 8 years. :p

Northcrest
07-23-2007, 09:57 PM
I've gone to the Dentist and I don't really care for it. But my doctor has an Nintendo 64 in the office. Oh wait I just realized that I have to go to the dentist this week nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo!

Jojee
07-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Dread it T_T

Burtsplurt
07-23-2007, 10:05 PM
I like it. Last time I went the dentist was a pretty hot Irish girl. If I get a big bloke I'm not as keen.

I haven't had any fillings, so it's usually a pain-free experience.

Anaisa
07-23-2007, 10:14 PM
I went to the dentist today too! I don't like going to the dentist, but I like it when they tell me my teeth are fine. I always worry their going to tell me there is something wrong with them, an I'll need a filling or something.

Renmiri
07-23-2007, 10:20 PM
My favorite dentist is Steve Martin in the Little Shop of Horrors... :D

YouTube - Dentist! from Little Shop of Horrors movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On3mrKW-Nk0)

EDIT: And those who like the dentist might be like Bill Murray ;)

YouTube - Dentist - Steve Martin vs. Bill Murray (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmp-Kxk5FYE)

Rengori
07-23-2007, 10:30 PM
My favorite dentist is Steve Martin in the Little Shop of Horrors... :D

YouTube - Dentist! from Little Shop of Horrors movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On3mrKW-Nk0)

That scene was so much more interesting on stage.

Meat Puppet
07-23-2007, 10:38 PM
I don’t hate or fear the actual dentist, but I always worry the I’m going to do something wrong. Like this one time a dentist stuck this magnetic plate or whatever in my mouth, and I couldn’t hold it properly. She kept telling me how to hold it, but every time I readjusted it I fucked up, and we ended up wasting 10 minutes or so. Quite embarrassing!

Iceglow
07-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Since I had my upper jaw shattered and have been through a long process of dental surgery to right the wrongs caused by that I've got to grudgingly admit whilst I dislike things like dental moulds I just get on with them, my dentist is a nice guy and he apologised repeatedly for the fact that often in the immediate aftermath of my jaw going when I was on painkillers so powerful he daren't give me an anaesetic he would operate without one, some of these included shifting the shattered bone fragments back in to place (that hurt like hell), since then I've had pretty much everything but root canal treatment (never had one of these) without painkillers, Fillings are painful but they're survivable.

Faris
07-23-2007, 11:18 PM
I have to get my wisdom teeth surgically removed in two weeks. I hate my teeth at the moment. :mad2:

Dentist? Nooooo. I dread the day when I have to go to my yearly checkup.

Shiny
07-24-2007, 12:30 AM
The dentist is fine. Infact, I like going. And no, I'm not masochistic there's just worst things in the world than the dentist. It's not that scary.

Vermachtnis
07-24-2007, 12:36 AM
I don't mind the dentist. Of course I've never had a male dentist either. And novacain is awesome!

Momiji
07-24-2007, 04:11 AM
I have to get my wisdom teeth surgically removed in two weeks. I hate my teeth at the moment. :mad2:

Dentist? Nooooo. I dread the day when I have to go to my yearly checkup.

Are you serious?! Same here!

I don't mind the dentist at all. Especially if it's just for a checkup. I just tell them I'm nervous and I want laughing gas, and then I'm on top of the world for about 20 minutes. :D

~*~Celes~*~
07-24-2007, 04:24 AM
I don't mind going except for when I have to get x-rays. They jam the $^@# film in my mouth and it HURTS :nonono: Other than that, I never have any cavities, so it's not a problem.

Shlup
07-24-2007, 04:30 AM
I haven't had dental insurance in a couple of years, so I haven't been able to go. Once I start my new job I'll be insured though, then I'll get a check-up. I hope I don't have any cavities. :(

Leen-Leen
07-24-2007, 05:01 AM
I don't mind the dentist at all!! It's the eye doctors and regular hospital doctors that I hate!! Usually I have good teeth, but I just went on, like, Friday ... apparently I had 3 small cavities. :Oo: That was the first time I ever got cavities.

Nominus Experse
07-24-2007, 08:15 AM
I like it when they give me drugs

Resha
07-24-2007, 12:12 PM
I LOVE going to the dentist. I really do. I like gargling with them nice colourful liquids, and I like it when the dentist cleans my teeth with the machiney things -- little bubbles float out of my mouth. Like I'm some kind of dragon on crack or something.

Brennan
07-24-2007, 01:15 PM
I don't care.
I've never had cavities!
Go me!

Firo Volondé
07-24-2007, 02:22 PM
A doctor for your teeth?! What's next, a lawyer for your hair?

Seriously, though, I dislike the dentist in the same way a poor student dislikes exams. :eep:

daggertrepe
07-24-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't mind the dentist at all!! It's the eye doctors and regular hospital doctors that I hate!! Usually I have good teeth, but I just went on, like, Friday ... apparently I had 3 small cavities. :Oo: That was the first time I ever got cavities.

my sister had 3 small ones too, and she went a couple of days ago.

Jess
07-24-2007, 07:05 PM
When I had braces I had to go to the dentist every month -- at the moment I'm enjoying my time of not having to go. :jess:

Rye
07-24-2007, 07:19 PM
I go like, twice a year for check ups and they always say I'm fine. When I was younger, I had 3 cavities, but those are filled up.

Slade
07-25-2007, 10:56 AM
I hate going to the dentist and always put it off as long as possible. Usually till my teeth start to ache :rolleyes2
I haven't been to the dentist since, like, 2002. But that's because there hasn't been anything wrong with my teeth since then. Unfortunatly, at the beginning of this year a peice of one of my teeth fell out. Just fell out. Then, not two months later another different tooth loses a peice. Then a little while later, another tooth falls. Talk about a kick in the balls. I must have some mighty cavaties behind those pearly whites. Now they are starting to ache, so I'm thinking..... *gulp*....that it might just be time to give the dentist a visit.
Wish me luck and if I don't come back, Psy can have my account :cry:

Breine
07-25-2007, 11:49 AM
I really don't mind it at all... Altough, it is very uncomfortable when all of your saliva gathers in your throat and you're not supposed to swallow it. Ugh, the uncomfortable-ness!