PDA

View Full Version : Every kid like me had one

fredsanford
07-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Oh all the 80's tv series , guys from my time, what action figure collection was your big one!? GI JOE or XMEN or NINJA turtles, ghost busters? Ya know alot of guys had just too much of one particular toy line. Which one was it for you?

I had a huge GI Joe, turtles, ghostbusters collection and XMEN. HAHAHA. I loved the toys.

Fonzie
07-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Little bit of everything actually.

oddler
07-24-2007, 01:18 AM
I had some serious Turtles growing up. I wouldn't have called it a collection, though. :)

Ryth
07-24-2007, 02:20 AM
I had so many Ninja Turtles, Transformers, and Hot Wheels it wasn't even funny. I also had Megazords coming out the ass.

Rengori
07-24-2007, 03:17 AM
http://www.geocities.com/robot_snake/merchandising.JPG

Seriously though, I only had like only one of each of those, but I had lots of Gundams and Zoids if that counts.

Shlup
07-24-2007, 03:27 AM
Members of my family systematically kept boy toys out of my possession. My grandpa managed to get me one Transformer, but I mostly played with the neighbor boy's Ninja Turtles.

I did have 53 Barbies though.

Roto13
07-24-2007, 03:31 AM
I had every Beetlejuice action figure. o_o

Fatal Impurity
07-24-2007, 03:32 AM
I had aload of transformers and Matchbox cars...man they ruled, i also had a few hotwheels but i was mostly a matchbox kinda guy.

sockmonkey
07-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Gi-Joes and transformers.
I blew up most of my Joes over the years though. :cry:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Mighty Max. I didn't consider them so much as action figures though. I was more into cars

Burtsplurt
07-24-2007, 10:22 AM
I had a couple of Transformers, but mostly MASK Crusaders and Thundercats.

The Thunder Tank was pretty awesome.

Shlup
07-24-2007, 10:43 AM
I had every Beetlejuice action figure. o_o
That actually explains a lot.

Hazzard
07-24-2007, 10:49 AM
My Bro had G.I Joes

Parker
07-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Power Rangers and James Bond Jnr. I also had like two Action Men.

Nominus Experse
07-24-2007, 10:57 AM
I only had a generic, gold robot that I got from the dollar store.

When I was 7, I finally got my hands on a G.I. Joe. But for one reason or another, he bored me. I suppose I thought he wasn't yet "cool".

To remedy this situation of un-awesomeness, I tore him apart. I replaced his head with one I stole from my neighbor's Electra figurine. I then took an arm from one of my sister's Barbie dolls and stuck it on Joe's empty crotch.

Now complete, I showed him to my father.

And back to my golden, generic robot I was forced.

Parker
07-24-2007, 11:00 AM
To remedy this situation of un-awesomeness, I tore him apart. I replaced his head with one I stole from my neighbor's Electra figurine. I then took an arm from one of my sister's Barbie dolls and stuck it on Joe's empty crotch.

Now complete, I showed him to my father.

Do you ever fantasize about doing the same with people?

Nominus Experse
07-24-2007, 11:03 AM
No: not everyone can be awesome

Proxy
07-24-2007, 01:50 PM
I was a turtles toy fan myself.
I had that pizza thrower. Anyone remember that?
Yeah...That rocked.

KentaRawr!
07-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Well, I had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figure at one point, but alas, I was born in 1992.

Hambone
07-24-2007, 01:59 PM
I didn't collect them. That wasn't the thing.

Brennan
07-24-2007, 03:59 PM
I have a lot of Hotwheels cars that I'm gonna give to my kids or something

Northcrest
07-24-2007, 03:59 PM
I use to have over 100 racecars but I don't know what happened to them.

fredsanford
07-24-2007, 04:57 PM
I was a turtles toy fan myself.
I had that pizza thrower. Anyone remember that?
Yeah...That rocked.
Yes I had the thrower. :)

Peter_20
07-24-2007, 04:59 PM
I had lots of Turtles stuff once, and now they lie around someone in the barn.

ReloadPsi
07-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Power Rangers was the first kids' franchise I ever really liked, and I had a lot of their stuff... I still have a Megazord, but the Triceratops' horns, Tyrannosaur's tail-end, Pterodactyl's wings, the Power Cannons and the Power Sword are missing :(

fredsanford
07-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Really this stuff is collective and vailable, I have old vintage star wars play sets worth 100's of dollars. One day worth even more most likely but who knows.

Sergeant Hartman
07-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Thomas the Tank Engine ftw! Had like all of them.

LunarWeaver
07-24-2007, 05:17 PM
I had lots of Ninja Turtles and X-Men. They were probably equal. I had a Captain Planet too lawlo. I used to confuse Wheeler with the mutant Dazzler because I thought they looked the same despite being different genders.

I had some barbies for a while, but my mom eventually hid them all because she thought they were turning me ghey. But they still count because I had tons of them.

Araciel
07-24-2007, 05:20 PM
i had a few x men, lots of GI Joes (the small kind) and lots of turtles. i didn't have ANY ghostbusters or the like...

my biggest toy collection was lego.

louby_4eva
07-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I collected Star Wars things :D :D :D
I aso had hundreds of tiny car things, but my little brother unrinated in the box that housed them....They got thrown away.

Smile and Be happy :love:

fredsanford
07-24-2007, 05:58 PM
I collected Star Wars things :D :D :D
I aso had hundreds of tiny car things, but my little brother unrinated in the box that housed them....They got thrown away.

Smile and Be happy :love:

...Were those kenner star wars toys or hasbro?(hasbro , whatever it is these days...):eek:

Rye
07-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Does STRETCH ARMSTRONG count?

Peegee
07-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Not really Rye that came out later, like when we've all grown up.

:P I'm mean.

Hey about those stupid gi joe toys -- the ones with the elastic where the waist was because they were too cheap to create a rotating waist. Those elastics always broke! You could ghetto your way to fixing it by using a normal elastic wound over several dozen times, but geez, talk about lousy mechanics.

I also loved TMNT toys. I stopped being able to find them because by the time TMNT2 came out, 'toy mongers' stole everything in the stores, and I couldn't get super shredder :(

Slade
07-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Mainly Transformers. I was still buying years after they had died out I was that obsessed.

sockmonkey
07-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Not really Rye that came out later, like when we've all grown up.

:P I'm mean.

Hey about those stupid gi joe toys -- the ones with the elastic where the waist was because they were too cheap to create a rotating waist. Those elastics always broke! You could ghetto your way to fixing it by using a normal elastic wound over several dozen times, but geez, talk about lousy mechanics.

I also loved TMNT toys. I stopped being able to find them because by the time TMNT2 came out, 'toy mongers' stole everything in the stores, and I couldn't get super shredder :(

I have to disagree on the supposed Gi-Joe cheapness.
The elastic gave them better and more realistic waist articulation than any other toy of the era. I never had to worry about the figures not being compatible with vehicles from other series because of it.
It's not like it was hard to unscrew the torso and swap in a rubber band if you had to either.
My only Joe complaint was when that center crotch piece broke off. Not only did it make the figure look inappropriately (and sometimes hillariously) neutered, it also made the legs so floppy they wouldn't hold a pose.
For Transformers my complaints are when the robot form can't assume any position besides standing up straight and when the toy doesn't even come close to matching the character on the show.

Bunny
07-26-2007, 01:05 PM
I had a briefcase specifically designed to carry my Ninja Turtle action figures around with me. I kept it close at all times.

AOp
07-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Power Rangers was the first kids' franchise I ever really liked, and I had a lot of their stuff... I still have a Megazord, but the Triceratops' horns, Tyrannosaur's tail-end, Pterodactyl's wings, the Power Cannons and the Power Sword are missing :(

Most of my action figures are broken in a box these days.

Iceglow
07-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Transformers. As I had to tell Ewa tonight "they're not talking cars, they're robots in diguise!"

Namelessfengir
07-27-2007, 12:39 AM
i had turtles i think there up in the actic somewhere

I Took the Red Pill
07-27-2007, 01:01 AM
I had a few X-Men, but for the most part it was a menagerie of different old school cartoon action figures.

Pike
07-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Pound Puppies. <3

Breine
07-27-2007, 07:06 PM
I was such a sucker for Power Rangers when I was a kid, and therefore I had several action figures with them. Otherwise it was a mixture of different figures, eg. Motor Mice from Mars and such.