PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on Final Fantasy Banner Creation Competition

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-24-2007, 05:20 AM
In order to further personalize the new premium member skins to Eyes on Final Fantasy, we have decided to hold a contest to choose new banners for each of the new skins. The skins will all be made available to members for three days, and any members wishing to compete in the banner contest can apply for a 2-week extension so that they can see the skins as they make banners for them.

One banner for each skin will be selected by a vote from all members who wish to participate. Contest winners will gain a free year of premium membership.

Banners must be submitted for specific skins, and the color schemes should be used that match and accentuate the skins, as well as the themes of the individual skins. Eyes on Final Fantasy-related and aesthetically appealing are the two goals to keep in mind with this banner if you wish to win.

All completed banners should be sent to me via PM. You may post works in progress in this thread if you wish to ask the advice of the members, but any banner that has not been PMed to me will not count as a contest entry. The final banners and skins will each get their own thread and voting for each will remain open for about three days to give all members the opportunity to give imput if they desire. I reserve the right to exclude any banner submissions I or another staffer finds in poor taste or irrelevant to the community.

Those wishing to make buttons in addition to a banner for a given skin may do so. Please fit banners to the dimensions of the EoFF Classic banner (400 by 200 pixels).

Furthermore, members will have the opportunity to, if desired, submit their own custom skins to Eyes on Final Fantasy for use by Premium Members. The skins can be in whatever color and themes desired, and the staff may select any number of member-submitted skins to make use of. There may also be a member vote, depending on the skins available, to determine which skins to use. Any member who's skin is selected will receive a lifetime premium membership. Custom skins will be voted on after banners, and there may be another banner contest for custom skins in the near future. A custom skin does not require a banner for submission, but any banner submitted will be used with the skin if the skin is selected for use.

All PMs must be recieved by August 18th before the hour of midnight, August 19th (Pacific Time).

Fonzie
07-24-2007, 07:56 AM
MS Paint only, rite?

Proxy
07-24-2007, 01:57 PM
I might give this a shot.

Edit: Could someone post a link to the font used in the banner. I think we'd want to keep the font the same.
I already have the Runic MT font though.

Jojee
07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Fonts
Eyes on = Annifont
Final Fantasy = Final Fantasy

Google 'em xD So when's this 3 day preview thingamajig n_n

Vincent Valentine
07-24-2007, 04:32 PM
A few questions, as I'm definately interested in trying this out.

- If you look at say, the Nintendo themed layout, should we redesign the whole bar and buttons? Will you be able to chop up the graphic into layers that match that design?

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/107870-eyes-final-fantasy-banner-creation-competition.html?styleid=43 <-- This is the layout I'm on about.

- How do we submit skins exactly? Screenshots? A link to a forum using it?

Jess
07-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Okay, so we are just creating banners for the new layouts that are in our list -- or buttons too?

&& can they be any size or are there set dimensions? :jess:

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-24-2007, 08:25 PM
A few questions, as I'm definately interested in trying this out.

- When do the skins become available to view?

- If you look at say, the Nintendo themed layout, should we redesign the whole bar and buttons? Will you be able to chop up the graphic into layers that match that design?

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/107870-eyes-final-fantasy-banner-creation-competition.html?styleid=43 <-- This is the layout I'm on about.

- How do we submit skins exactly? Screenshots? A link to a forum using it?

-Skins are now available for viewing.

-I'm not certain if we'll be able to use the redesigned buttons and such (as with for the Nintendo skin), let me ask about it in staff and get back to you. I'm betting we can, but I'll check before you do anything that won't work.

-Screenshots of custom skins are fine, just send them to me. Any other format works as well, I know there was a site that let you test skins, for example, so a link to such a site would also work.

Okay, so we are just creating banners for the new layouts that are in our list -- or buttons too?

&& can they be any size or are there set dimensions? :jess:

-Currently just a banner, I'll ask about the buttons and such though.

-Try to keep the size and dimension in keeping with the banner the skin defaults to and with the dimensions of the other banners. Basically, don't make it too big or too small to be ugly and out of place.

Vincent Valentine
07-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Thank BtV.

One last question.

- What image widths are we looking at? Most of these templates aren't fixed sizes.

Edit: *sees above question* So about the same size as the default current one?

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Thank BtV.

One last question.

- What image widths are we looking at? Most of these templates aren't fixed sizes.

Edit: *sees above question* So about the same size as the default current one?

Yep. I'm also asking in staff, we may have some specific dimensions for you to work with soon.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Bit of an update. Please use the dimensions of the default banner for the skin you are designing for. If you wish to make buttons as well, please, feel free to do so.

Yes, I'm bumping and double posting. I'm a mod, so I'm allowed. Nyar.

Jojee
07-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Bit of an update. Please use the dimensions of the default banner for the skin you are designing for. If you wish to make buttons as well, please, feel free to do so. Does anyone see this as a bit of a problem, considering that some of the default banners are tiny? Case in point:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/vbItalia.itstyles/misc/vbulletin3_logo_white.gif

http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/styles/blacksmart/misc/head_left.gif

http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/styles/fblue/misc/logo.jpg

Not really much of a banner competition if you're just writing some text.

Also, many (most) of the skins have gradient backgrounds, and thus gradient banners. It would be difficult to create the exact same level/blend of colors while making your own banner. Some of the current banners certainly doesn't look like they were meant to have images in it.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Very good point. Let's use the dimensions of EoFF Classic's banner (400 by 200 pixels), and see how that works out.

Luinta
08-01-2007, 08:56 PM
So wait, where is the link to the skins? Is it possible to download them to use as reference in the creation of the new banners? I may just be blind, and if that's the case, just cyber-slap me and point me in the right direction please!

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Someone will make the skins available for you to view shortly, Luinta.

Luinta
08-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Ok cool! I love having new things to draw, CG, or compile!

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Reminder: submission time ends on the 19th, anybody interested should start finishing up their submissions and get them in. If absolutely necessary I can give an extension.

WarrenW
08-31-2007, 07:10 PM
The banner competition for the premium members have now been completed! Thanks to Behold the Void for running this competition for us and to Polaris and snakebite who provided us with the banners that we are now using! :)

Also, thanks to all the other entrants who have submitted a banner but was not used - we definiately appreciate your entry!

For 3 days, we will once again make these skins available to everyone, so that you can enjoy the hardwork of our entrants!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

demondude
08-31-2007, 07:11 PM
w00t shame I'm not a premium member.:greenie:

Jojee
08-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Woot they look awesome you guys ^^

bipper
09-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Is this appreciated?