PDA

View Full Version : Players who have played em all .

fredsanford
07-24-2007, 05:03 PM
I have not beaten them all yet but I would think its awesome to attract those who have to this thread. Those who have beat alteast 2 FF games you can legit-ly submit to this thread and poll(if I add the poll and dont mess up)
QUESTION which Final fantasy game took you the longest to beat? Why if you want to add.

I MESSED UP 4 has the different editions , not 6...damn

I messed up because 6 is often called 3 . Because of its release in america so I confused that with the 2 diff versions of ff4...

Vermachtnis
07-24-2007, 05:09 PM
I've played all the main series minus XI and XII. I haven't beat II yet, I'm working on (Stupid Jade Passage stupid Pandimonium).

I don't know what you mean by beat, VII took the longest to beat the final boss. V took the longer to beat Enou. Either VII or V, depending on how you define beat.

fredsanford
07-24-2007, 05:10 PM
LOL beat to me means....end the game. Done playing victory over the finale boss. Everyone go to sleep now or play the next game in series.

Goldenboko
07-24-2007, 05:10 PM
IX, mainly because I beat Ozma first >.<

Flying Mullet
07-24-2007, 05:12 PM
I really have no idea because I always throw in a healthy dose of side-quests before I beat the game.

ReloadPsi
07-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Oh crap. I clicked 8. I shoulda clicked 5. Oh well.

fredsanford
07-24-2007, 05:15 PM
I really have no idea because I always throw in a healthy dose of side-quests before I beat the game.

That's ok they all have side quests. I just want to know for fun. As in like a period of time. Not as in skill vs time just how interested you were, active...whatever elements that passed the time, and when you ended the game. Im not asking which one was the most difficult or longest story really. i just want to know which one you spent a long time on.

Flying Mullet
07-24-2007, 05:18 PM
What's "Final FAntasy easy edition""

fredsanford
07-24-2007, 05:21 PM
I MESSED UP 4 has the different editions , not 6...damn

Goldenboko
07-24-2007, 05:21 PM

That's ok they all have side quests. I just want to know for fun. As in like a period of time. Not as in skill vs time just how interested you were, active...whatever elements that passed the time, and when you ended the game. Im not asking which one was the most difficult or longest story really. i just want to know which one you spent a long time on.

That just solidifies IX for me xD

fredsanford
07-24-2007, 05:23 PM
I messed up because 6 is often called 3 . Because of its release in america so I confused that with the 2 diff versions of ff4...:mog:

Flying Mullet
07-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, if you want to get even more confused, the North American release of the game was not easy-type, but rather a completely different version than the regular and easy-type that were released in Japan. :p

Slothy
07-24-2007, 05:47 PM
FFXII took the longest, barely edging out Tactics. Even when doing a fair amount of sidequests first, none of the other FF's have taken much more than 40 hours tops to beat. If I did all of the sidequests that would be different. The older ones are much shorter though. FFVI wouldn't take me much longer than 30 hours doing everything. I could finish FFIV in under 20 without much trouble.

fredsanford
07-24-2007, 05:56 PM
FFXII took the longest, barely edging out Tactics. Even when doing a fair amount of sidequests first, none of the other FF's have taken much more than 40 hours tops to beat. If I did all of the sidequests that would be different. The older ones are much shorter though. FFVI wouldn't take me much longer than 30 hours doing everything. I could finish FFIV in under 20 without much trouble.
LoL KEFKA's Tower, I dont know how to get the 1st party to party two and three at the 2 switches near the large door.

Interesting thread so far though. 6 Has been taking me a long time, for many diff reasons.

Bolivar
07-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Doing sidequests, easily FFXII. Not because of the content, but because they repeat mark hunts over and over and certain ones take some dungeon crawling to get to. To get all of the marks done you're looking at at least 100 hours, and that's if you've played it before.

FFI-IV can all be completed in about 15-20 hours. Not sure about IIIDS because that took me a little longer to beat that but I think it's because of movies.
FFV & VI you can do everything in about, or less than 35 hours.
FFVII-X are about that length (35, less for VIII and much less for IX) if you playthrough straight, but with sidequests they're all probably 50-80 hours.
X not too sure, haven't played it in a while.
Tactics took me 50, grinding but not alot of sidequests.

Crossblades
07-24-2007, 09:37 PM
XI and XII. XI just a lot of stuff to do in that game and after a year I'm still playing it!(But I see you didn't add it to the poll >_>) XII i beat it in 90 hours and doing 80% of the sidequests. XII is the first RPG that It has taken me more than 70 hours to beat.

Northcrest
07-24-2007, 10:48 PM
FFXII has taken me forever to beat. Mainly cause of leveling up.

Rengori
07-24-2007, 10:58 PM
VII, because that was the first one I played and I got lost around the Corel and didn't know what the Gondola was for. So I was there for like 2 hours just leveling up and getting gil. Which is good, I was way underleveled anyway,

fredsanford
07-25-2007, 12:02 AM
I honestly did 12 fairly fast but I was addicted . Beat it in like 3 weeks.:p

Im one of those guys that believes that "FF11 never happened because I own it but will never play it"

Nominus Experse
07-25-2007, 02:00 AM
X-2 because even with all my masochistic and moronic nature, it was difficult for me to swallow.

qwertysaur
07-25-2007, 03:09 AM
IX. I could not stop playing chocobo hot and cold.

Zeromus_X
07-25-2007, 03:13 AM
I guess IX, since every time I play it there's something new I haven't discovered, which really amazes me. With the rest of them, it's pretty straight forward if you've played it a few times, except for probably XII (I only did a few sidequests in that one, since I wanted to get through the story). Although, if I actually did do all of the sidequests in XII, it'd be the one that'd take up the most time. xD

Bunny
07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Final Fantasy X.

The game put me in a four year coma. It was that boring.

Rengori
07-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Final Fantasy X.

The game put me in a four year coma. It was that boring.

Two years here.

Sefie1999AD
07-25-2007, 09:36 PM
FFI took me 12 hours to beat when I played through the game quickly, 24 hours when I took my time to max out my levels. FFII and FFIII both took me about 30 hours, FFIV took me 20-30 hours and FFV took me about 30 hours. FFVI, FFVIII, FFIX and FFX-2 all took me 36 hours on my first game. My second games of FFVIII and FFIX were longer, though. The second time through FFIX took me 70 hours, which is the longest so far.

FFVII took me 50-65 hours, FFT took me 50 hours and my first game of FFX took me 45 hours (the 2nd game was a bit longer). I haven't beat FFXII yet, but I've played it for 58 hours now, and I'm not even close to beating the main game yet, let alone being done with the side quests. That's why, I'm predicting FFXII will take the longest time for me to beat.

Wolf Kanno
07-25-2007, 11:05 PM
XII has easily taken up most of my time, still trying to beat Yiazmet with my level 65-70 party and I still haven't acquired everything (I still haven't even seen the Blackhole Occurence:cry: ). I'm about 160 hours into the game.

Now here's a question to ask. For those who have played most or all of the series, what is your general feeling about the series as a whole and what do you feel were the high and low points?

Red Phire
07-29-2007, 12:10 AM
IX is the one that took me the longest. I bought it when it first came out in 2000 and didn't beat it till the Fall of... 04'.

It's funny, my most favorite FF took me the longest to beat. Well to be honest it didn't really take me that long. I just didn't play it for a couple of... years.

Hazzard
07-29-2007, 12:28 AM
Ten and Twelve are very time consuming and tiring, they by far took me the longest to complete.

Comet
07-29-2007, 01:21 AM
First time I played FFVIII, took me 103 hours...

I got stuck on the part when you have to find the seed ship. Then I got stuck in some other area I forgot.

Jessweeee♪
07-29-2007, 01:41 AM
Haven't beaten them all, but I'm replying anyway n.n

I'm not sure which one had the most hours on it, but the longest time between starting a new game and beating it was six months, with FFXII.

Meat Puppet
07-29-2007, 01:54 AM
Final Fantasy four. My answer is biased, since it’s the only one I have beaten.

Bolivar
07-29-2007, 01:55 AM
XII has easily taken up most of my time, still trying to beat Yiazmet with my level 65-70 party and I still haven't acquired everything (I still haven't even seen the Blackhole Occurence:cry: ). I'm about 160 hours into the game.

Now here's a question to ask. For those who have played most or all of the series, what is your general feeling about the series as a whole and what do you feel were the high and low points?

damn son, we need another thread for that.

In my short response, the highpoints were VI & VII, the lowpoints were IX and XII, even though IX's one of my favorite entries in the series and XII is a magnificent game. I have my reasons.

ChaosCalibur
07-30-2007, 04:56 AM
I would say XII... it was kinda weird being 120 hours into the game yet so far away from the end

(messed up on the poll :s )

silentenigma
08-01-2007, 04:00 AM
FFX took prettymuch forever for me, but I didn't play nearly as many sidequests in FFXII as i should have.

Fuzoya
08-01-2007, 01:03 PM
I guess Final Fantasy 10 because I wanted to do everything complete on the first time I played through the game :P