PDA

View Full Version : This game is a joke

Godhand
07-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Final Fantasy X is by far the worst Final Fantasy game I have ever played and easily a benchmark for “bad” in the genre. Everything about it is categorically awful; the gameplay, the story, the characters, the graphics...none of it is done right. I feel bad for playing it. I feel bad for buying it thinking "IX was good, and I liked some of the earlier games, so this can't be that bad".

The story...well, what little story there is is incredibly insulting. It draws on countless old cliches, the corrupt church, absurd technophobia, one powerful, world-defining evil, a crusade of a small group of people to save the world, the love story...nothing it does is new or clever. This would be fine if it did well in doing these things. But it doesn't. The revelation of the true nature of the church is ridiculously forced as a plot device and comes off barely believable. Nobody seems to care. And when the truth is discovered, the church is hilariously inept at covering it up. This is not characteristic of the implementation of this particular cliché – in fact, it emphasises how awful the implementation actually is. We're basically meant to believe a bunch of retards have been ruling the world for a couple hundred years. The technophobia...well, the less said the better; it was only ever touched on when doing so was convenient (or to emphasise how much of a filthy racist Wakka is). Machines are a-okay in Spira as long as they don't matter to the plot or bad characterisation!

Okay, you're thinking, but surely all FF gams have had the great evil and the crusade against it as focal points for the story – surely they're done well! Well, no, they're not. Sin is almost as ineffectual as the church when it comes to doing what it's supposed to do. It's pretty much dropped as a plot point for a considerable section of the game where the focus shifts to “OMG ISN'T SEYMOUR EVIL” instead of “This horrible monster is destroying the world we need to do something about it”. Sin really doesn't do an awful lot after the early game. There isn't a need for it to, what is in effect a giant fish can't drive the plot as well as a badly written religious man.

I want to stop for a moment and have you all appreciate that last sentence: at no point during the game is Sin ever shown as being capable of moving onto the land to wreck :skull::skull::skull::skull:. It is depicted in almost all cases as a big and really angry fish. The place it's fought in the final battle with other summoners is a stretch of land right next to the sea. Apparently the people of Spira are retarded (like their church) and so don't just move inland to avoid this threat. Nevermind! It doesn't matter! Just a piddly little detail that we can overlook when necessary - what matters is our contrived and scarcely believable love story!

And Jesus Christ is it a badly written love story. For some reason, we are expected to believe some of the worst written characters ever conceived in a Final Fantasy are emotionally mature enough to fall in love – when most of the time you get the impression they're barely able to survive walking around outside. Tidus is a spoiled, narcissistic child of a celebrity – he is the Paris Hilton of the dream world he lived in before arriving in Spira. He even looks like Paris. Yuna is the Paris Hilton of Spira, but so sheltered that that is not an apt comparison; Yuna is a creepy, homeschooled version of Paris Hilton. The kind of person Paris would be were her parents crazy fundamentalists. Neither of them seem to appreciate the scope of their quest (Tidus in particular, but that's because he's an ignorant smurf about pretty much everything) and spend most of their time pissing around trying to whistle and laughing like a pair of spastics because that's what you do when the fate of the world is resting on your shoulders. Just what they see in each other we are never really told – Tidus, we can assume, is just really shallow and knows Rikku is underage; Yuna, well, I suppose you could argue that she was attracted to Tidus' energy. Like a moth drawn to the flame, only the moth is a coddled, needy child and the flame is a retard with ADD.

The rest of the cast, all things considered, are not any better. The most tolerable of them are Rikku and Auron; the former being the generic cheerful schoolgirl and Auron being the stereotypical middle-aged badass. Neither of them have many redeeming qualities, and I say this despite having an incredible weakness for bubbly characters like Rikku. They're just genre stereotypes. Which I guess is why they look best, because the others aren't; they're monstrous creations all Square's own.

Wakka is, as aforementioned, a filthy racist. And everyone in the party – including the girl he'd be discriminating against were he actually able to identify the kind of person he discriminates against – are perfectly okay with it. It's who Wakka is, and really, what he is is Spira's Redneck trash. There's no need to admonish him for it! He even has the obsession with a game that he's bad at to fit with that. I wonder if he started beating Lulu after they got married?

Speaking of Lulu, there is practically nothing to really say about her. She's there for fanservice. She has no discernable personality – what you learn about her in Besaid is all you will ever learn about her and all you ever need to know about her. SHE HAS BOOBS. That's what matters! We do learn in X-2 that she also has horrible taste in men, because she does marry that redneck Wakka.

Kimahri, I hope, is a hero for all you FF nerds out there. He is basically what you are – meek, passive-aggressive, and totally worthless to society. When ordered by Auron to take care of the child Yuna, he goes ahead and watches her for years and years as though he's afraid some dying man is going to beat the :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of him if he doesn't. It dawned on me that maybe, maybe he's doing it because of how utterly pathetic he is; he has nothing else to do. Nothing else he can do. Everyone else in his tribe had the sense to disown him when they had the chance. All that'd be left for him without Yuna is to become a circus animal or turn tricks on a street corner in Luca.

I want to close by talking about the gameplay. Well, more specifically, the lack of it. There is no challenge or intelligent thought involved in playing the game. If you play through every storyline battle and a decent amount of your random encounters, it is impossible to die. This is because you can't be bad at mashing X. The fact there were still random encounters in the game is also a testament to how horrible it is – any developer worth their salt would recognise it's an archaic system from a time when memory constraints stopped you from placing enemies on the overworld map. Apparently no one told Square, and we got a relic of a gameplay system to go with a poorly devised battle system. And Jesus, Blitzball. I almost forgot Blitzball. It's not possible to lose at Blitzball, either. Not unless you failed to get the Jecht Shot, which you can spam to win every game. There is no challenge to the game and there is no enjoyment to it – it's like a football game only it's crawling with pointless numbers.

So. Guys. Tell me how this isn't the worst game in the series. Seriously. I can't see anything resembling a defense of this mess. Even VIII beats this :skull::skull::skull::skull: and VIII was a joke.

LunarWeaver
07-24-2007, 08:01 PM
I know somebody who needs a hug.

Peter_20
07-24-2007, 08:23 PM
You sound like a troll, particularly because you constantly insult the fans of this game.

Tidus and Yuna used their whistles as a signal between themselves, and they were laughing because they were trying to lighten themselves up.
That's why the laughing scene is so horrible: they laugh in a forced way.

No strategy involved?
So you don't think having to use specific characters for specific enemies is a kind of strategy?
Alright, have fun trying to kill the flyers with Auron.

By the way, have you even finished this game?
Didn't you notice that Sin can fly?
So why would people care about moving away from the sea?
They would get mauled from the air instead.

We have already had every single kind of character in endless games already, so stereotypical characters are inevitable.
Why does it matter so much, anyway?
Learn to like the characters for what they actually are instead.

Not hard?
Tell that to everyone that have trouble with Flux, Braska's Final Aeon and Penance.
If millions of fans keep dying in the same game, it makes the game hard. -.-
Yes, the afore-mentioned bosses become a breeze once you've learnt how to deal with them, but advanced physics and discrete math also becomes cake once you've learnt it; so saying that a game is easy just because you've found out strategies is a huge mistake.

ChibiAxel
07-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah but think about under tiduses shirt i know whats there ^w^ it's hot so don't forget that...Shirtles people everywhere in spira and i have such a short attentionspan i didn't even read 3 words of your insult

Slothy
07-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I want to close by talking about the gameplay. Well, more specifically, the lack of it. There is no challenge or intelligent thought involved in playing the game. If you play through every storyline battle and a decent amount of your random encounters, it is impossible to die. This is because you can't be bad at mashing X. The fact there were still random encounters in the game is also a testament to how horrible it is – any developer worth their salt would recognise it's an archaic system from a time when memory constraints stopped you from placing enemies on the overworld map. Apparently no one told Square, and we got a relic of a gameplay system to go with a poorly devised battle system. And Jesus, Blitzball. I almost forgot Blitzball. It's not possible to lose at Blitzball, either. Not unless you failed to get the Jecht Shot, which you can spam to win every game. There is no challenge to the game and there is no enjoyment to it – it's like a football game only it's crawling with pointless numbers.

This is the only point I'm going to argue on because frankly, everything else I bothered to read in your post has me thinking you either didn't play the whole game or skipped most of the later conversations and story scenes (you seem to complain about aspects of characters, ignoring the development that took place with them by the end of the game).

First off, show me an FF made since the NES days that can't be easily beaten by someone who fights most of the random battles they come across. With the possible exception of FFXII (though not even that if you never use gate crystals), you can't do it. FF's in general are quite easy. Most of the real challenge comes from optional quests and bosses. Second, this game had one of the most strategic battle systems in the series if you didn't go overleveling. Level too much and anything can be killed by pretty much mashing attack. That won't get you very far if you're a normal level though, nor with the monster arena bosses. Third, Square had planned to feature monsters on screen instead of random encounters. When it came down to it it couldn't be implemented in time, and at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. I may prefer being able to see my enemies, but random encounters are still used by a lot of RPG's, even today, and they won't exactly kill you, or do that much to hurt the gameplay. I'll take a well made game with random encounters over a crappy one without if that's the choice, and FFX was a well made game.

When you are able to do a little more than swear a lot about how much you hate this game and insulting FFX fans are for liking it, I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to debate the games merits with you.

I would also like to close by saying that it was voted the best game of all time in Famitsu I believe. Someone can hopefully correct me if I've got the magazine wrong. It would seem you're in the minority then.

Godhand
07-24-2007, 09:06 PM
You sound like a troll, particularly because you constantly insult the fans of this game.

I insulted the game, not it's fans. But due to your inability to distinguish this, I feel justified in now insulting you as an individual. Go back to school and learn how to read properly, retard.

When you are able to do a little more than swear a lot about how much you hate this game and insulting FFX fans are for liking it, I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to debate the games merits with you.

I think you missed the part (and by part I mean the whole post) where I explained that this game has no merits whatsoever.

I would also like to close by saying that it was voted the best game of all time in Famitsu I believe. Someone can hopefully correct me if I've got the magazine wrong. It would seem you're in the minority then.

Famitsu's opinion isn't work jack these days; they are in the hands of the fans who buy their magazine and have admitted such. That's why their top 100 games have nothing but RPGs, and that's why they put X at the top. Not because these games are good, but because people like you are the only people who buy their magazine and would stop when they pointed out to you that your favourite game sucks.

Re-read my post, guys, you plainly failed to understand it on the first run through (probably because you are seething with NERD RAGE over this affront to your precious game). Everything that's in there is correct.

Peter_20
07-24-2007, 09:12 PM
I insulted the game, not it's fans. But due to your inability to distinguish this, I feel justified in now insulting you as an individual. Go back to school and learn how to read properly, retard.Are you kidding me?
Read the thing about Kimahri and why we liked "the worthless for society idiot" or whatever you were insinuating.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Godhand we do NOT insult other members on this site. There is, for example, no justification to call someone a "retard". Ever. Don't do it again if you want to stick around here.

Bolivar
07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
As much as I like X, I can't hate on your comedy, the post had me laughing. You definately brought up alot of the flaws this game has.

But i could go through any FF, RPG, or any game and tear it to shreds, it wouldn't matter. I still think this is a great game and one of the best in the series.

I mean really, if that's what you think of FFX I would hate to see what you think of the rest of the series.

Siegfried
07-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Why did you name yourself after a weapon in the game then?

Godhand
07-24-2007, 09:35 PM
I actually took my name from the video game GODHAND, because it is what all games should be. Hard, but fair. And really funny.

I mean really, if that's what you think of FFX I would hate to see what you think of the rest of the series.

I said VIII was better and that I held the rest of the series above this game. Do not project your opinion that X is the best in the series onto me, because I don't agree. I think it's the worst. XII was best because it highlighted what RPG gameplay actually is - a small series of "if statements" carried out by a player. And it had the least utterly embarassing cutscenes to watch of the more recent games.

Earlier games like III are good because they didn't try hard as X with their characters and story and so had less room to become EPIC FAIL by doing them badly.

Also VIII can't be gotten through by mashing X because the final bosses will hand your ass to you.

Siegfried
07-24-2007, 09:42 PM
I also don't remember how Wakka is racist...
And I mean X was innovative for the FF series
Sphere Grid- Blitzball- Switching people midway through battle-The way summons work-
Another thing...how many sidequests did you do? To me it seems life you played through the game doing nothing on the side, only playing to analyze every little word they say...
Now I hardly ever leave the FF6 forums for they are my home (sometimes 11) but I fail to see the pack behind your punch...You just say stuff and then say "Ha! I am right!" maybe I'm wrong but I think you kinda shot the arrow a little too far from the target.

Godhand
07-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Wakka makes it quite clear he hates the Al Bhed.

He probably has slurs like swirly-eyes or speaksstupid, but doesn't use them because obviously Wakka is a goddamn redneck and his insults aren't funny or clever, and he doesn't want to embarass himself more than he does already by simply existing.

Siegfried
07-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Wakka makes it quite clear he hates the Al Bhed.

He probably has slurs like swirly-eyes or speaksstupid, but doesn't use them because obviously Wakka is a goddamn redneck and his insults aren't funny or clever, and he doesn't want to embarass himself more than he does already by simply existing.

Wait...what?
He PROBABLY has slurs???
What you say makes no sense and has support in the game (excluding the first part). And what, people are not allowed to hate other people? Just like (EXAMPLE) a conservative hates liberals in general?

And after reading your whole argument I just must say:
"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Godhand
07-24-2007, 10:01 PM
The Al Bhed are a seperate race distinguished by the nature of their eyes in the same way blacks are a seperate race distinguished by their skin colour. Yuna, it is made quite clear, is a half caste.

This is not a hard thing to grasp.

I notice you are also trying to be funny in your edit, but you have no talent for it and obviously have failed to grasp what has actually been said here. Please take your leave if you cannot meaningfully contribute to this conversation.
Nope! Wrong answer. We don't belittle other people at Eyes on Final Fantasy. Don't do it anymore.

Siegfried
07-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Then why not hate Yuna in the same way? It is not racism. Nowhere in the game does Wakka say, "I wish I could kill every Al Bhed that walks up to me right now."

Nothing to contribute other than the fact you are wrong:
Wakka became like an adopted brother to Yuna, together with Lulu, and they grew up on Besaid. He lost his parents to Sin, and tried to be like a parent to his brother Chappu. Chappu and Lulu were in love, but Chappu was killed by Sin. It is because of Chappu's death, as well as the fact that he chose to fight with an Al Bhed Machina weapon, that Wakka's hatred for the Al Bhed was shifted from religious prejudice to a more personal grudge.

Godhand
07-24-2007, 10:13 PM
When Rikku joins the party Lulu tells us Wakka is too stupid to know an Al Bhed by sight and doesn't know about Yuna's heritage. It is made quite clear that they should keep the fact Rikku is Al Bhed quiet because, as I have said, Wakka is a dirty redneck racist and probably burns upsidedown symbols of Yevon in his spare time.

Did you actually play this game or what? I mean for all the "you can't have played this if you're saying this!" you guys are giving me I'm the one citing actual examples here.

Siegfried
07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
The word you constantly use in this is a word you cannot use while arguing, "probably." That ass-u-mes a lot out of the characters you clearly dont know.

ReloadPsi
07-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Whoops, looks like you can't aim your mouse! The FFXI section was two subforums down.

Anyway, if you hate this game so much, play FFX-2, as you'll probably appreciate it for the same reason as me: I used to see it as a complete and total insult to this game, back when I hated it myself.

Siegfried
07-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Whoops, looks like you can't aim your mouse! The FFXI section was two subforums down.

I must fufill my personal vandetta! He blashpemes!

Godhand
07-24-2007, 10:21 PM
I have only used "probably" in instances where I am obviously making things up.

For instance, the claim he burns upsidedown symbols and uses slurs for Al Bhed are nowhere indicated in the game and there is no support for them. I am just expanding on the image of Wakka as a filthy redneck racist by caricaturing him.

Why can't you distinguish the obvious jokes from the more serious statements?

blackmage_nuke
07-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Wakka hates machina, and hey, it just so happens to be that every al bhed in the game is associated with machina.

Old Manus
07-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Dude, you need to play FFX-2. If you hate this game, you will go nuclear at how awful FFX-2 is.

4evarisha
07-25-2007, 12:40 AM
If you hate it dont play it easy isnt it?

Renmiri
07-25-2007, 12:55 AM
And after reading your whole argument I just must say:
"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

pwned the thread :love:

cally777
07-25-2007, 01:47 AM
Godhand, u r seeing so many negatives and no real positives. I cant really b bothered to go through all yr criticisms, but of course all games no matter how good have flaws. Some people will hate certain things like random battles or whatever. Try to understand though that a lot of people liked a lot of things about FFX, hence its popularity. Don't dismiss them all as idiots because they disagree with you.

To deal with one of yr obvious mistakes though. Wakka to begin with is prejudiced against Al Bhed. Whether cos he's racist or against machina doesn't matter, its wrong. But he learns during the journey that Al Bhed aren't the real enemy, and that its Yevon that's corrupt and hypocritical. He even apologises to Cid for his previous ignorance. So he's not just a stupid "redneck", is he?

The characters in this game are excellent IMO. Wakka isn't my favourite, but he still has a lot of depth.

:choc::choc::choc:

Goldenboko
07-25-2007, 02:12 AM
I can't really comment on the whole thing... because its really long... but I'll comment on parts.

I want to stop for a moment and have you all appreciate that last sentence: at no point during the game is Sin ever shown as being capable of moving onto the land to wreck . It is depicted in almost all cases as a big and really angry fish. The place it's fought in the final battle with other summoners is a stretch of land right next to the sea. Apparently the people of Spira are retarded (like their church) and so don't just move inland to avoid this threat. Nevermind! It doesn't matter! Just a piddly little detail that we can overlook when necessary - what matters is our contrived and scarcely believable love story!
Yes he can. Its shown later on in the game when you attack Sin and he flies over Bevelle. He doesn't actually get on land, he flies over it, which is potentially worse.

Blitzball was particularly easy, but this was no way the easiest of the series. In VII very little thought was ever needed, and VIII's level as you go eliminated the need of training. As long as you didn't overlevel there was a thought process in much of the battling to manipulate the turns, which I liked very much. Also The Dark Aeons and Penance were supposedly very difficult, I don't know as I live in the US, and can't get my hands on a PAL version.

I'd comment on more, but reading your comments are painful seeing as you can't make any reaction toward the game thats really worth reading.

cloud21zidane16
07-25-2007, 02:30 AM
looks like someone had a bad experience:D
i quite like this game, not the best ff ever but that was a funny review:p

Rostum
07-25-2007, 02:41 AM
I skimmed through it, not really wanting to waste my time with it. My advice, from what I saw, is this: Get a life, it's just a video game.

Bowser
07-25-2007, 03:00 AM
I liked it. :(

Tavrobel
07-25-2007, 03:13 AM
i haeted teh gaem so hard it is bad and smelly and is full of poo lol tidus sux and wakka is gaey bc rikku is megasex hawtness omg u r all n00bs omg yuna haz bad actrez bc the onle gema i ply is ffix i liek jesus and wen ppl maek funs of jesus they makez fun of em 2 and i dun liek tht and teh gameply wtf was they thinkin they uses teh O button bc that was wht it was in ff7 lmaolmao roflcoptar i thnk that luv is overrate since im a pretten teknologe is BAD stuff dont u get it lolololoolololl and snce i cen typ on teh intarnetz i can say that mai opinion is bettar than urs ne1 agre? i does w/ rantz and shizz but rly 4 realz ppl i jus didnt get the sotry s i has to thinks for once in mai lyfe ff8 sux 2 any1z get whats i sayin i do gyme to easy 4 me and othr gaemz is bettar u ALL DONT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON LOLOLOLOL FFX

FFX<EVRYTHIN LOLOLOL KTHXBAIGGNORM bitch u better stay in the kitchen i is big man e-penis over ninethousand<everything

LunarWeaver
07-25-2007, 03:26 AM
Sir Taffy's replies always make me complete inside.

Momiji
07-25-2007, 03:46 AM
To be honest, I totally agree with Godhand here. When compared to other Final Fantasies (X-2 aside) X is horrible! It's basically where FF goes from being a unique series to being like every other RPG-- predictable, clichéd, and so, so very simple. Sure, XII was different, but X and X-2 were horribly disappointing.

The Unknown Guru
07-25-2007, 04:24 AM
The fact there were still random encounters in the game is also a testament to how horrible it is – any developer worth their salt would recognise it's an archaic system from a time when memory constraints stopped you from placing enemies on the overworld map.

THAT pisses me off. Also, I'm fine with flaming the game as long as you do not insult people who you don't even know... which you did. Congrats for being ignorant! :thumb:

Siegfried
07-25-2007, 04:35 AM
According to your logic, every FF ever made is racist in some way...

Slothy
07-25-2007, 04:51 AM
Famitsu's opinion isn't work jack these days; they are in the hands of the fans who buy their magazine and have admitted such. That's why their top 100 games have nothing but RPGs, and that's why they put X at the top. Not because these games are good, but because people like you are the only people who buy their magazine and would stop when they pointed out to you that your favourite game sucks.

Re-read my post, guys, you plainly failed to understand it on the first run through (probably because you are seething with NERD RAGE over this affront to your precious game). Everything that's in there is correct.

It wasn't Famitsu's opinion; it was the readers. Also, FFX is far from my favourite game, and my post was far from laced with nerd rage as you put it. In fact, I quite calmly explained my take on things. Something I wish I could say about you. And what you said isn't necessarily correct. It's your opinion, which by definition isn't irrefutable. It's how you feel, however when it comes to complaining that characters like Tidus are whiny, or the Wakka is a racist, I say that these not only didn't bother me, but changed as the characters grew over the course of the game.

Tidus started out a little whiny (for about five minutes to be honest. There are few times he complains about anything besides the fact that Yuna is expected to die to save the world. A valid complaint if you ask me), but by the end of the game he had matured as a character and really grew into the role of a hero willing to die to save the world and the people he cared about. His growth was natural and logical as he was affected by the events around him.

Wakka also started out not liking the Al Bhed, because they heavily utilized Machina which went against his religion, and which he saw as being part of the reason Sin exists. I loved Wakka's character because I saw him as something of a reflection of a great many people today who blindly follow their faith without asking why they hate a group of people or believe something that they take on faith, but which can either make no sense, or be flat out wrong. By the end of the game, he came to realize that the Al Bhed weren't bad people, and that Machina had nothing to do with Sin's existance. He realized he was wrong in his initial biggotry and ignorance.

I wish all games had character development this well handled. You didn't like it, and that's fine. But insulting those who do or ranting and raving about your opinion as though it were the only way of viewing the game will not win you any friends around here. This game had a lot of great qualities; if they weren't to your taste then fine, but stop trying to ram your opinions down our throats.

Odaisé Gaelach
07-25-2007, 05:41 AM
I enjoyed it. :)

PuPu
07-25-2007, 06:10 AM
Most of what you have written are just bad rants and jokes, especially with the characters. The people here are most likely right; you probably didn't even play through the whole game and/or you are an ignorant moron. Some of your facts weren't even correct.

I want to stop for a moment and have you all appreciate that last sentence: at no point during the game is Sin ever shown as being capable of moving onto the land to wreck .
Sin was able to fly and the only way the FFX party could attack him was by flying on the Airship. This was near the end of the game, if you even got that far.

I want to close by talking about the gameplay. Well, more specifically, the lack of it. There is no challenge or intelligent thought involved in playing the game. If you play through every storyline battle and a decent amount of your random encounters, it is impossible to die. This is because you can't be bad at mashing X.
There are different enemy types which certain characters have a disadvantage over (e.g. Auron vs. A flying enemy). By the time you mashed X to kill the foe, you would have most likely been dead. If you were able to mash your way through every battle and every boss with X, that probably means that you were overleveled, especially Seymour Flux. If this is true, you wouldn't have gotten past Evrae on a normal playthrough.

The fact there were still random encounters in the game is also a testament to how horrible it is – any developer worth their salt would recognise it's an archaic system from a time when memory constraints stopped you from placing enemies on the overworld map.
Do you even know when FFX was released?

And finally, nobody's saying you can't dislike the game, but don't insult the people who actually like it. You say that you are trying to debate here, but a person only insults his or her opponent in a debate when he/she realizes that nothing he or she says will help support his or her argument. In fact, almost nothing you said actually proves FFX is a bad game. They were just pointless rants and bad jokes to make yourself look ignorant. You should go do like what you said:

Please take your leave if you cannot meaningfully contribute to this conversation.

Rostum
07-25-2007, 09:40 AM
To be honest, I totally agree with Godhand here. When compared to other Final Fantasies (X-2 aside) X is horrible! It's basically where FF goes from being a unique series to being like every other RPG-- predictable, clichéd, and so, so very simple. Sure, XII was different, but X and X-2 were horribly disappointing.

Every Final Fantasy has a very simple story line, what are you talking about?

Godhand
07-25-2007, 02:01 PM
pwned the thread

Contentless reply. On other boards, people get banned for this. Since you obviously aren't, you must be some kind of fat eCelebrity here or something to get away with it.

Dude, you need to play FFX-2. If you hate this game, you will go nuclear at how awful FFX-2 is.

X-2 failed so hard it looped back to win.

Tidus started out a little whiny (for about five minutes to be honest. There are few times he complains about anything besides the fact that Yuna is expected to die to save the world. A valid complaint if you ask me), but by the end of the game he had matured as a character and really grew into the role of a hero willing to die to save the world and the people he cared about. His growth was natural and logical as he was affected by the events around him.

I hope you felt dirty after dropping that massive load onto the interbutts. Tidus does not develop at all. He's still the whiny spoiled child he at the end as he was at the start of the game, the only difference is the volume of cutscene (not gameplay, we already clarified there basically is none) hours is massive enough to make people like you learn to love him. Anyone who thinks he's "mature" obviously has never taken the time to learn the meaning of the word.

I'd comment on more, but reading your comments are painful seeing as you can't make any reaction toward the game thats really worth reading.

I am sorry that I am calling it how it is rather than how you have deluded yourself into thinking it is or want it to be.

To deal with one of yr obvious mistakes though. Wakka to begin with is prejudiced against Al Bhed. Whether cos he's racist or against machina doesn't matter, its wrong. But he learns during the journey that Al Bhed aren't the real enemy, and that its Yevon that's corrupt and hypocritical. He even apologises to Cid for his previous ignorance. So he's not just a stupid "redneck", is he?

Right. The same way a KKK guy "apologises" to Al Sharpton. Nobody magically unlearns prejudice - it sticks with you until you die - and if you want to argue that Wakka somehow did, you immediately concede that he is an unrealistic character as well as just a badly written character and a filthy scumbag racist.

Do you even know when FFX was released?

Random battles are a product of hardware limitations that do not exist on the Playstation 2. Regardless of release date, it is a sign of incredible laziness or incompetence on Square's part that they continue to implement them.

Momiji
07-25-2007, 02:10 PM

When I say 'simple' I meant the gameplay. FFX was so boringly easy. However, I found FFIX and the 16-bit series to be rather difficult.

Peter_20
07-25-2007, 02:12 PM
I do have to say I disliked the fact that you couldn't change camera angles, though; that's probably the thing that annoyed me the most.

blackmage_nuke
07-25-2007, 02:18 PM

Right. The same way a KKK guy "apologises" to Al Sharpton. Nobody magically unlearns prejudice - it sticks with you until you die - and if you want to argue that Wakka somehow did, you immediately concede that he is an unrealistic character as well as just a badly written character and a filthy scumbag racist.

It's like if you found out nazi's and hitler didnt kill thousands of jews and all along they historians and government were lying to you, and all this time nazi's werent racist at all but it's just what youve always been taught. your opinions of them would change wouldnt they.
(no personal belief attached to this, just looking for an example)

And the random battles is a matter of opinion, I personally prefered random encounters to seeing monsters on the over world and fighting them.

Slothy
07-25-2007, 02:28 PM

I hope you felt dirty after dropping that massive load onto the interbutts. Tidus does not develop at all. He's still the whiny spoiled child he at the end as he was at the start of the game, the only difference is the volume of cutscene (not gameplay, we already clarified there basically is none) hours is massive enough to make people like you learn to love him. Anyone who thinks he's "mature" obviously has never taken the time to learn the meaning of the word.

I stated my reasons for feeling he matured as a character. The thing is, I think most reasonable people who actually played the game would probably agree. You however have provided no evidence in support of your opinion that he never grows as a character. Instead you simply whine about how much he sucked while providing no facts from the game. The character of Tidus showed more maturity in the first 20 minutes of gameplay than you have in this thread so far.

This just shows how utterly ignorant you are. It's easy for people to remain ignorant bigots until they see the suffering it causes from the other side as Wakka did. Some people stay racists for life, but not everyone can when faced with the things Wakka saw through the course of the game (such as when the Al Bhed Home was attacked and people were being indiscrimanently killed).

Your posts only continue to demonstrate that you're incapable of backing up your complaints about the game with examples. Frankly, unless you can start discussing the game in a mature manner then I'm done talking about it with you in this thread. I see no reason to continue if you're incapable of showing the same respect to your fellow forum goers as I have to you so far.

Goldenboko
07-25-2007, 02:34 PM

When I say 'simple' I meant the gameplay. FFX was so boringly easy. However, I found FFIX and the 16-bit series to be rather difficult.
FFVII was boringly easy, FFVIII was boringly easy. FFX at least implemented a battle system that made you notice whats going on. And as long as you didn't overlevel the game had challenging parts, I.E. Seymour Flux, and for some people Yunalesca.

pwned the thread

Contentless reply. On other boards, people get banned for this. Since you obviously aren't, you must be some kind of fat eCelebrity here or something to get away with it.
That was called a joke, the rules here do not state you can't joke around in the FF section, calm down or gtfo.

Yes he has. Compare his reaction upon meeting Jecht at the end of the game to how he acts when hes mentioned throughout all points before.

I am sorry that I am calling it how it is rather than how you have deluded yourself into thinking it is or want it to be.

Thanks for proving my point. I said I'd comment more but its really not worth reading, because its not. You can't debate without trying to cut down the other person instead of the other persons arguments.

[QUOTE=Godhand;2257913][quote]Do you even know when FFX was released?

Random battles are a product of hardware limitations that do not exist on the Playstation 2. Regardless of release date, it is a sign of incredible laziness or incompetence on Square's part that they continue to implement them.

No, random battles could've been eliminated far before FFX, Chrono Trigger had a system where you could see the enemies before running into them, and thus evade them. It was square's choice to stick with its roots not any laziness on Square's part. And when it comes down to it, it appears to be the right choice, considering how much more success FFX had over FFXII, a game that tried to do away with random battles.

I'm not saying you can't hate FFX, I hate certain FFs, but I am saying you haven't given the game the proper chance, and you tend to flame people when they point this out.

demondude
07-25-2007, 03:51 PM
you have insulted every one who has innocently posted their opinions.
You have also asked for someone to be banned for a simple piece of spam when you attacked people.

People have opinions You made a thread with you're opinion and when people add their own you attack them.

So shut up let people speak and instead of calling people retards stop acting like one.

Bolivar
07-25-2007, 04:11 PM
people are still taking this thread seriously?

demondude
07-25-2007, 04:19 PM

I dunno I just wanted to post that. :p

daggertrepe
07-25-2007, 05:22 PM
You must hate this game.

Don't hate! APPRECIATE! :)

Peter_20
07-25-2007, 05:34 PM
you have insulted every one who has innocently posted their opinions.
You have also asked for someone to be banned for a simple piece of spam when you attacked people.

People have opinions You made a thread with you're opinion and when people add their own you attack them.

So shut up let people speak and instead of calling people retards stop acting like one.You shouldn't write "shut up" yourself, though.

AOp
07-25-2007, 06:05 PM
I like to rub my copy of FFX all over myself before I go to bed at night, just to let the greatness sink in while I sleep.

Godhand
07-25-2007, 06:38 PM

Now imagine the potential a FFVII thread could have.

If only that wasn't totally beating a dead horse.

Thanks for proving my point. I said I'd comment more but its really not worth reading, because its not. You can't debate without trying to cut down the other person instead of the other persons arguments.

Tell me when you actually have started reading my posts instead of just spouting fanboy drivel. In fact, don't bother, got you on ignore now.

Your posts only continue to demonstrate that you're incapable of backing up your complaints about the game with examples. Frankly, unless you can start discussing the game in a mature manner then I'm done talking about it with you in this thread. I see no reason to continue if you're incapable of showing the same respect to your fellow forum goers as I have to you so far.

I am in fact the only person citing any examples in this thread.

Maybe you missed the whole argument over how Wakka is a redneck and how utterly I destroyed that kid's argument by pointing to in-game dialogue where it is made quite clear that he is a filthy racist by Lulu. Maybe that's what she finds so attractive about him.

And the random battles is a matter of opinion, I personally prefered random encounters to seeing monsters on the over world and fighting them.

How is this not the statement "I enjoy having to fight pointless battles every 5 steps when I need to backtrack for any reason" or the admittance that you are basically a masochist?

Raebus
07-25-2007, 06:48 PM

How is this not the statement "I enjoy having to fight pointless battles every 5 steps when I need to backtrack for any reason" or the admittance that you are basically a masochist?

God hand has a point, I know I'd prefer actually seeing them instead of running into a battle every 5 or so steps.

Gamer: Hm, it seems I've missed something 12 map screens back and I've only got the option of walking or running, oh well!
*12,000 battles later*
Gamer: Phew, I've finally reached the object I need, now I just have to go back to the point where I thought "Hm, It seems I've missed something" and wait, another object 8 screens back? and lots of moments to fight again? Ho boy, I really do hate myself.
*8,000 battles later*
Gamer: Oh yes! Time to go back to the point where...:(

Goldenboko
07-25-2007, 07:01 PM

God hand has a point, I know I'd prefer actually seeing them instead of running into a battle every 5 or so steps.

Gamer: Hm, it seems I've missed something 12 map screens back and I've only got the option of walking or running, oh well!
*12,000 battles later*
Gamer: Phew, I've finally reached the object I need, now I just have to go back to the point where I thought "Hm, It seems I've missed something" and wait, another object 8 screens back? and lots of moments to fight again? Ho boy, I really do hate myself.
*8,000 battles later*
Gamer: Oh yes! Time to go back to the point where...:(

If thats how you feel I hope you haven't played FFV, VI, IV, and especially II. Those games all had higher encounter ratings... especially II.

Tell me when you actually have started reading my posts instead of just spouting fanboy drivel. In fact, don't bother, got you on ignore now.

Even though you have me on ignore I still have to respond to this. Fanboy drivel? I was citing spots in the game where certain things happened (IE. Sin flew, so he could reek havoc on land). How is that "fanboy drivel"?

demondude
07-25-2007, 07:02 PM
I have an urge to replace my argument with the true answer.

This games a joke.

So's your face!

OWNED!

Godhand
07-25-2007, 07:17 PM
I have an urge to replace my argument with the true answer.

This games a joke.

So's your face!

OWNED!

Haha you sure got me there with your grade school patter, man what pwnage!

Go back to finger painting with your little friends away from my internet now please.

demondude
07-25-2007, 07:42 PM
You're internet?

You make me laugh so hard with you're sense of superiority no one is even taking you seriously.

Please keep posting you're amazing crap I'd like to see more Because we are all having a great time laughing at you.

Go make some friends And try not to bore them to death.

Bolivar
07-25-2007, 07:44 PM
1. There's a Reason why there's a "run" command. if you don't like random encounters, don't take part in them!

2. I don't understand why people hate FF's, and video games in general. It seems like in order for you to be a fan of Final Fantasy you have to obligatorily hate at least 2-3. Believe me, it's alot less stressful when you take the games for what they are and appreciate them each. Hate despotism, hate genocide, hate poverty, but don't waste your time hating a Final Fantasy.

P E A C E!!!

Leeza
07-25-2007, 07:57 PM
The posts that have been happening in this thread are not ones of any nicety, so I am closing this.