PDA

View Full Version : American Idol-Talent Show to Mockery?

daggertrepe
07-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Me and my om were discussing American Idol, and we have decided that the show won't last for much longer, and Simon Cowell is leaving after the tenth season because the show is becoming the laughing-stock of reality TV. I mean look at what happened with Sanjaya! I can't wait to see what happens this season. :rolleyes2

What do you all think?

Madame Adequate
07-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah, you can tell a show is pretty dire when someone as fantastic as Sanjaya isn't given the win right away. =/

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-25-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't value Simon Cowell's opinion anymore, and I don't really think he really gives a crap whether the show is a mockery because he's earning :skull::skull::skull::skull:loads

ReloadPsi
07-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Don't these "idols" usually turn out to be one-hit wonders (or rather, one-:skull::skull::skull::skull: blunders) anyway?

daggertrepe
07-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Kelly Clarkson is very successful, along with Carrie Underwood.

AOp
07-26-2007, 03:04 AM
I mean look at what happened with Sanjaya! I can't wait to see what happens this season. :rolleyes2

So long as people keep that attitude, Idol will be around for a while.

McLovin'
07-26-2007, 05:47 AM
the first American Idol is the only famous one. The rest disappeared and have made like one song maybe.

Shiny
07-26-2007, 06:16 AM
the first American Idol is the only famous one. The rest disappeared and have made like one song maybe.

Not true. Jennifer Hudson. Eventhough, I don't think she won American Idol she was still on it.

McLovin'
07-26-2007, 06:19 AM
Woopey. So two.

Leen-Leen
07-26-2007, 07:24 AM

Not true. Jennifer Hudson. Eventhough, I don't think she won American Idol she was still on it.

She didn't win, but she doesn't seem to give credit to the show that much. She's turned her back on the show, it seems. xD

Kelly Clarkson still makes her music, Reuben Studdard, has somewhat dissapeared, Fantasia is currently in the broadway musical, The Color Purple, Carrie Underwood is still singing her country music, and Taylor Hicks has also somewhat dissapeared.

They're not totally gone! xD