PDA

View Full Version : a new band????

rikkugurl13
07-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Ok.Me and my friend are starting our own band.We are called The Pact.We're going to go to walmart today and hand out papers cause my friend wants boys in our band.The reason we are doing this is because we are going to audition for the show Americas got talent.
Have you guys ever thought about making a band or something?
If you have any tips it would be great to hear.

p.s.
my friend is 12 and i'm 13 so thats why it may sound weird.

daggertrepe
07-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey, go for it! My manager so impressed with my talent in singing and charisma that he talked to this one guy and they are setting me up to go audition for commercials and maybe even minor roles in movies. :)

But that's off topic. I have thought about starting one that mixes beautiful rock music with power lyrics and strong singing, but that never happened.

Jessweeee♪
07-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Give us a sample, will you n.n

You too DT :D

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-25-2007, 10:24 PM
No one can really stand music made by a bunch of 13 year olds

daggertrepe
07-25-2007, 10:40 PM
YouTube - "I'm Sorry" sung by Rachel G. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpgvm9qApws)

:jokey:

Jessweeee♪
07-25-2007, 10:56 PM
YouTube - "I'm Sorry" sung by Rachel G. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpgvm9qApws)

That was amazing :o

rikkugurl13
07-25-2007, 11:43 PM
No one can really stand music made by a bunch of 13 year oldsgee thanks.your real inspirational.

Rengori
07-26-2007, 12:28 AM
No one can really stand music made by a bunch of 13 year oldsgee thanks.your real inspirational.

Well, it depends what kind of music you're playing. What kind are you playing? Hard rock, emo, alternative, ska, metal?

Godhand
07-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Just avoid going for Pop Punk.

Too many bands go that route and you'll seem really derivative.

Rengori
07-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Just avoid going for Pop Punk.

Too many bands go that route and you'll seem really derivative.

You should also stray away from emo and goth unless you are really serious about it, you don't want to alienate every potential listener in either for not really being emo or goth.

blim
07-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Good luck with it. My only advice would be to do it because you love music not for any other reason as you are highly unlikely ever to make any real money or become succesfull. I hope you do but its unlikely.

daggertrepe
07-26-2007, 12:51 AM

That was amazing :o

Thanks! :)

rikkugurl13
07-26-2007, 11:41 PM
probably music like avril Lavigne.Or something.
I like My Chemical Romance, The Used,and Linkin Park.
but I'm not sure what we would be singing.

Rengori
07-26-2007, 11:45 PM

Here's my advice, don't, unless you're really really REALLY passionate about pop punk.

Momiji
07-27-2007, 06:18 AM

Here's my advice, don't, unless you're really really REALLY passionate about pop punk.

What he said. You're treading on 3 of my favorite bands there...

(Not Avril Lavigne. I thought I'd clarify that. >_>)

Ace14
07-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Sounds like a great idea! If you do have a chance to get big bucks and a record deal don't ever play music just for money, money is nice but play for your love of music not for the cash. If I see you on tv I'll hella be like 'OH I KNOW HER!! WELL...I KINDA KNOW HER!!' Even though I have no idea what you look like or even your name! :D I know your band name so thats good enough. Remeber don't do this if you just want money do it for love of music like blim said before.

Arc_Master_14
07-27-2007, 09:16 AM
yea really most bands now just pump out aongs like a money machine but the bands who come out with more subtle albums I usually like a bit more cuz there are most likely taking there time with songs making them absolutley wonderful

tailz
07-27-2007, 10:17 AM
make your choise in what your going to play seriously. think about It do something you are able to play not only somoething you like. as an example.

I'm a great metal fan but our band plays rock jaz and other stuff, I'm just not capeble of playing metal so I play anything that I enjoy.

But dont limit yourself to music or Bands You like be creative.

Laddy
07-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Worth an audition. :D Good luck.

EDIT: A sample would be nice. :D

Fonzie
07-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Incidently, I just caught a Feebas.

themagicroundabout
07-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Go for it. Gopher it.
Playing music is fun, I love writing/recording stuff at home. :} Just enjoy yourselves and don't take it all too seriously. And good luck!

Goldenboko
07-27-2007, 08:42 PM

EPIC :thumb:

As your bitch I demand more xD

Polaris
07-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Well I'd like to have one... Shame no band wants me :(

silentenigma
07-28-2007, 01:34 AM
my advice:

try to get people that you can get along with. take the first year or so to practice and work mostly on learning cover songs, writing your own, and finding your sound. make a myspace (http://www.myspace.com/thegreatcalamity) for yourselves. then once you get really good, bust out into your local underground network of local bands and blow everyone away.

rikkugurl13
07-31-2007, 09:32 PM
Sounds like a great idea! If you do have a chance to get big bucks and a record deal don't ever play music just for money, money is nice but play for your love of music not for the cash. If I see you on tv I'll hella be like 'OH I KNOW HER!! WELL...I KINDA KNOW HER!!' Even though I have no idea what you look like or even your name! :D I know your band name so thats good enough. Remeber don't do this if you just want money do it for love of music like blim said before.yeah I love music,but i dont want to play for money.But if i do get money I wont use it on stupid stuff like clothes and candy all that crap.I would give some to my family and help them get htrough.
My friend I know wants to do it for money.She's the type that wants money to buy stuff that she doesnt even need.
lol yeah you know our band name.

Sweet Beloved
07-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Omg that sounds awesome!
Totally go for it. =D <3
I'd so buy your cd! xD

I was almost put into a band at my uncle's church, but I backed out. Getting in the spotlight is not for me. But I love music, and I totally support what your doing. I know you'll do awesome. =]

rikkugurl13
08-04-2007, 07:14 PM
thanks every1.But I'm not sure she wants to do the band any more.
She Can't Even Listen To A Whole Song.But I will defenitly try out.Maybe it's best to be a single singer than a group.
I'll keep in touch and hopefully mom will let me get a myspace page.
Thanks again for the support,you guys are the best!!:D

rikkugurl13
11-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Ok This thread is probably dead but oh well, it's mine. lol
Anyway, I'm Going to do a video and put on youtube for everyone.It won't have me in it but it will have my voice.
I was wondering if you guys had any good choices on a song i should do.
Thanks a bunch!!
Ps: I'm solo right now.My friend and I decided not to do the band thing. i was really looking forward to it to. :cry: