PDA

View Full Version : Duz every1 still liek mudkipz?

Markus. D
07-26-2007, 03:13 AM
I was wondering if anyone still plays Diamond and Pearl.

I just got my copy yesterday.

I chose Piplup :3...

And then it evolved and now it looks totally unspiffy :[... maybe the next evolution will look awesome.

I also have a Shinx, Starly, Kricketot and Psyduck (Going to be changing them around till I have a neat party <3 by the end of the game).

Oh it's so awesome *-*~

I bought my little sister Diamond for her birthday.

This is the general thread of Diamond/Pearl version discussion (unless there already is one o-o).

Momiji
07-26-2007, 03:17 AM
There was one, but it's beyond dead.

I bought it on May 1st. I picked Piplup too, and don't worry, it's final form is decent for mid-game. (It's type is Water/Steel!)

When you get your Pokémon to a high level, come talk to me and we can battle over WiFi. :D

Markus. D
07-26-2007, 03:18 AM
ooooh! I totally forgot about WiFi!

What kinda neat things can WiFiers do?

Double Battles I hope :3

edit: Glameow sorta looks like a Kitty of Leeza type Mon. It's so cute ^^! I wanna catch it.

Reeno the Alchemist
07-26-2007, 03:25 AM
I wish my sister would hurry up and buy me a ds so i can GET daimond ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; she said she was gonna get me a ds IN NOVEMBER AND ITS THE END OF JULY AND I STILL DON'T HAVE IT T^T :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Momiji
07-26-2007, 03:28 AM
ooooh! I totally forgot about WiFi!

What kinda neat things can WiFiers do?

Double Battles I hope :3

edit: Glameow sorta looks like a Kitty of Leeza type Mon. It's so cute ^^! I wanna catch it.

WiFiers can trade, battle, double battle, voice chat, mix records, and fight in the battle tower. It's fun!

Oh, and don't be shocked like I was when your Glameow doesn't evolve into something cute.

EDIT: And yes, I do still liek mudkipz.

Fonzie
07-26-2007, 03:31 AM
Poetically Apathetic, want to have a battle?

1804-8714-2477

Edit: No legends, please. :)

Markus. D
07-26-2007, 03:39 AM
My Kitty Shinx evolved into a Luxio~

It has massive mouse kitty lion ears now.

Is it confirmed that Ponyta is the only Catchable Fire Pokemon in the main game?

edit: Screw Glameow's Evolution! T_T

Momiji
07-26-2007, 03:48 AM

1804-8714-2477

Talk to me tomorrow.

To Tsukasa: Umm..no, there are plenty of fire types.

Markus. D
07-26-2007, 03:53 AM
Oh okay .-.~

I must say... The artstyle of these new Monsters are rather... odd.

Momiji
07-26-2007, 03:57 AM
Oh okay .-.~

Yeah, not very intimidating are they?

Togekiss can kick your ass though.

Araciel
07-26-2007, 04:18 AM
after red/blue back in the late 90s i never went back to poke-land.

Madame Adequate
07-26-2007, 04:26 AM
Piplup is the best unevolved, but once evolved he looks dumb. The monkey thing is the best in terms of stats, but also looks pretty dumb. Torterrorist is just plain <3.

Galvatron
07-26-2007, 05:28 AM
I have it, haven't played in a while.
How to beat any battle:
Heracross+focus band+Megahorn

Arc_Master_14
07-26-2007, 05:34 AM
SOON MY MEGA EEVEE TEAM SHAL PWN ALL BWAHAHAHA!level 40's to 50's anyone wanna battle? lol fc is 3308 1134 4519

qwertysaur
07-26-2007, 05:40 AM
I would battle you, but I don't have wifi at my house.:(
But I a month I will be at college, and then we can battle. I'll post my freind code when I can get it.

Shoeberto
07-26-2007, 05:40 AM
Tonight I tried getting one of the Legendaries in Diamond, I forget its name, but man that's a pain in the butt the way it keep running away. Do the other two do the same?

I still need to beat the Elite 4, but I can't make myself grind anymore. I have three traded Pokemons in my main team, so they level pretty fast, but for the ones I caught, it's just painful. And I have doubts that a team of 50s would make it through the Elite 4 without me wanting to cut my wrists on more than a few occassions.

Arc_Master_14
07-26-2007, 05:42 AM
HSu do u mean mespirit use i think block or something and no the other two dont run so ur okay and yea my old team got spanked on the e4 i just got through on critical hits

qwertysaur
07-26-2007, 05:45 AM
Tonight I tried getting one of the Legendaries in Diamond, I forget its name, but man that's a pain in the butt the way it keep running away. Do the other two do the same?

You must mean Mesprit. It is the only one in the legendary trio that will run, but the other two are tough battles still.

Uxie is easier to catch, but it can use yawn and amnesia, so it is really annoying.

Azlef knows nasty plot (raises special attack 2 stages), so eventually it will sweep your party.

They are all psychic type and have the ability levitate.

Nominus Experse
07-26-2007, 06:36 AM
As soon as I get the rest of the original Pokemon (At around 147 of 151 right now), I'll begin playing Pearl.

I refuse to evolve Piplup. He's so damned cute.

Rase
07-26-2007, 07:18 AM
I just recently started over in Pearl, taking Turtwig as my starter. I rarely try and raise any more than four Pokemon the first time through, I just go back, catch them, and level them up quickly with Exp. Share against the Elite Four. This go around I'm going with Torterra, Luxray, and Golduck.

Zeromus_X
07-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Umm..no, there are plenty of fire types.

Yes, but only Ponyta and the fire starter are available to capture during the main campaign. Of course you can trade or import the others.

I put Wendy to work at that accursed Ice Gym. I still can't decide if my Pokemon are underleveled or not, since most of the trainers only seem to use one or two really annoying decently high leveled Pokemon. The last time I played I think I got frustrated because I couldn't catch Sneasel, and I just had to have one.

Really need to get to finishing Pearl. I took Turtwig as my starter, and he hasn't really let me down. I think if I ever start a new game I'll probably use one or two Pokemon as my HM users, so my battle party doesn't waste their move slots with them.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-26-2007, 08:32 AM
I still play, or would if my DS weren't broken.

When I get it fixed, I'll do more. I've been raising teams to 50th level, although I may jump to 55 since my other friend wants to do that level. It evolves them and gives me a nice, diverse team to choose from. Anyone who's interested in playing in that range is more than welcome to play me.

KH-Cloudy
07-26-2007, 08:38 AM
Building the original team :P. Only if you guys were local could I do underground, seems pretty fun. For the E4 I spammed potions >:D and only had two pokemon past level 55 the rest were 40 and below and were used as decoys. :P

JKTrix
07-26-2007, 12:47 PM
I haven't played this for quite a while (I stopped right at the Elite 4's doorstep actually), but you guys make me want to get back in.

Momiji
07-27-2007, 05:05 AM

You must mean Mesprit. It is the only one in the legendary trio that will run, but the other two are tough battles still.

Uxie is easier to catch, but it can use yawn and amnesia, so it is really annoying.

Azlef knows nasty plot (raises special attack 2 stages), so eventually it will sweep your party.

Don't bother getting Mesprit or Uxie, unless you're just catching them to catch them. Get Azelf, give him Extrasensory, Flamethrower (or any other alternative, I just picked Flamethrower due to the lack of a fire type in my party), Explosion, and Nasty Plot, and you'll have a nasty sweeper on your party.

Evastio
07-27-2007, 05:24 AM

1804-8714-2477

Talk to me tomorrow.

To Tsukasa: Umm..no, there are plenty of fire types.
Before you get the National Pokedex Chimchar, Ponyta, and their evolutions are the only Fire Types you can get. Afterwards you can get a lot more fire types. I personally don't like using fire types though.

Oh okay .-.~

Yeah, not very intimidating are they?

Togekiss can kick your ass though.
Yeah. Togekiss has to be one of my most favourite 4th Generation Pokemon.

That sounds right. Unless you're talking about Cresselia. In that case you're going to find capturing it really hard. It has really high HP and defense stats and its speed is decent as well. You should have some Poketch tool that helps track down running away legendaries. It's offensive stats are a bit low so you shouldn't worry about it defeating your Pokemon.

Shoeberto
07-27-2007, 06:36 AM
I did mean Mesprit, and he is a pain in the butt. I got the other two, and though one was frustrating a bit, Mesprit is just driving me crazy. He's down to around 1HP, and I try using Quick Balls (apparently they have 5x catch chance on the first turn) but it's just no dice.

On another note... does anyone happen to have a Piplup they'd like to trade? Maybe a female one they can breed, or maybe even a Ditto they can breed it with? I've already got the two other starters, and I kinda want the third. And GTS people have crazy requests (no, I do not want to trade a level 100 Dialga for a level 1 Piplup)

DK
07-27-2007, 06:56 AM
I threw a quick ball at full health Uxie and caught it first turn. Or maybe it was Azelf, I can't remember. Quick ball was pretty much the way to go for Mesprit though, yeah.

JKTrix
07-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I LOVE quickball. It is definitely my favourite pokeball.

Momiji
07-27-2007, 02:09 PM

I caught Azelf with a regular old Pokéball. Same for Uxie. But I just got frustrated and threw a masterball at Mesprit and Cresselia (I imported my masterballs from Ruby and FireRed, so I had an extra 2 to work with).

Dusk Balls are pretty convenient too, especially because I spent the majority of my time playing at night. :D

Tip for newbies: Miss a deadline? Did you wanna catch Drifloon yesterday? Did it just become morning and you can't catch the night-time Pokémon you wanted? The solution is easy. Just change the time and date on your DS.

A second tip: Changing the date on your DS will NOT allow you to upload more Pokémon from your GBA cartridges, you (sadly) have to wait the 24 hours.

JKTrix
07-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Ah, I completely forgot Drifloon. So I just went to catch and did... WITH A QUICK BALL!

Fonzie
07-27-2007, 07:39 PM

I caught Azelf with a regular old Pokéball. Same for Uxie. But I just got frustrated and threw a masterball at Mesprit and Cresselia (I imported my masterballs from Ruby and FireRed, so I had an extra 2 to work with).

Dusk Balls are pretty convenient too, especially because I spent the majority of my time playing at night. :D

Tip for newbies: Miss a deadline? Did you wanna catch Drifloon yesterday? Did it just become morning and you can't catch the night-time Pokémon you wanted? The solution is easy. Just change the time and date on your DS.

A second tip: Changing the date on your DS will NOT allow you to upload more Pokémon from your GBA cartridges, you (sadly) have to wait the 24 hours.

Also, if you mess with the clock, you have to wait another day before you can import again.

Ah, I completely forgot Drifloon. So I just went to catch and did... WITH A QUICK BALL!

Drifloon is great looking if it's shiny. I'm in love with my shiny Luxray, and now I'm breeding for a shiny Feebas, because shiny Miltoc is awesome. xD

qwertysaur
07-27-2007, 10:04 PM
I want a shiny Charizard. It looks so cool. I also have a mew (regular) that I got at an event.

Fonzie
07-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Just caught a shiny voltorb.

Shoeberto
07-27-2007, 11:42 PM
I've never seen a shiny pokemon before. Actually I just heard about them last night.

In other news: Elite Four more like Elite Oh Are You Kidding Me That's So Freaking Cheap You Jerks.

Markus. D
07-28-2007, 12:56 AM
I caught a Cleffa.

... .__.

qwertysaur
07-28-2007, 02:25 AM
The hardest part of the elite four to me is that half of the pokemon know earthquake. Even the bronzong uses it, and after that giraffarig, earthquake could quickly end your challange.

Shoeberto
07-28-2007, 02:30 AM
That's really not been my problem. It's more that I get good hits in, and right as it seems I'm about to win, they Full Restore who ever's out, I'm low on PP or HP, and the other pokemon gets either buffs or just lucky hits and takes out of main offense against their type.

Markus. D
07-28-2007, 02:35 AM
Ooooh. I loved buying full restores for grinding in Gold :3

DK
07-28-2007, 02:49 AM
That's really not been my problem. It's more that I get good hits in, and right as it seems I'm about to win, they Full Restore who ever's out, I'm low on PP or HP, and the other pokemon gets either buffs or just lucky hits and takes out of main offense against their type.

Every story line fight with a significant character in the entire game did that, though. Whenever a Pokemon of theirs goes into red HP, they almost always full restore after it. So the key is to either buff up your levels a bit, or just use a weak attack first and then finish it off with a stronger attack that you know will kill it for sure.

I can't say I had any trouble with any of the Elite 4, and had a near call with the Champion only.

Shoeberto
07-28-2007, 02:56 AM
I probably do just need to grind all of my pokemon to closer to level 60. But I don't wanna.

Markus. D
07-28-2007, 03:07 AM
Is there still some kind of Endgame ultra secret Trainer that has Ub3rized Pokemons? (Like in Gold when you find an Ash lookalike in some final cave you only get access to post-Elite Four)

Shoeberto
07-28-2007, 03:23 AM
Basically, yeah.

Markus. D
07-28-2007, 04:33 AM
Kinda disappointed at the amount of similarities carried over...

But it's still fun ^^

Shoeberto
07-29-2007, 03:50 AM
So uh, anyone got a Palkia they'd trade me temporarily so I can get the National Dex? 'cause that's all I'm missing right now for seen Pokemon

qwertysaur
07-29-2007, 03:55 AM
So uh, anyone got a Palkia they'd trade me temporarily so I can get the National Dex? 'cause that's all I'm missing right now for seen Pokemon

Talk to cynthia's grandma in celestic town. She will show a picture to you, and that counts for seeing it. She is in the big hous in the center of the town.

Shoeberto
07-29-2007, 03:58 AM
Oh, super sweet! Thanks much.

Hazzard
07-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey, what do you do to face Flantino, the Heartthrome Dancer Gym lady.

Do I have to enter into a contest to be able to face her?

DK
07-29-2007, 01:58 PM
I probably do just need to grind all of my pokemon to closer to level 60. But I don't wanna.

When I beat the Champion I was at like. 55-50, so you shouldn't have had to work that hard xD

qwertysaur
07-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Hey, what do you do to face Flantino, the Heartthrome Dancer Gym lady.

Do I have to enter into a contest to be able to face her?

To face her you need four badges. The third is the cobble badge from Maylene in veilstone city, and the fourth is the fen badge from Wake in pastoria town. Then you can challange her. Maylene uses fighting types, and Wake uses water types. Fantina uses ghost types.

Fonzie
07-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Anyone want a free Feebas or Spiritomb?

Sakura
07-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Dude someone give me a shiny pokemon so I can have an entire box full of shinies, since I can't get the onion knight, this'll do to make me fell like a complete nerd ]:

ReloadPsi
07-29-2007, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't mind playing these newest ones, but I'd need a DS, and to get one of those I'd need to not be totally broke.

What's with this whole Mudkip meme anyway? Wasn't Mudkip the very worst starter in Ruby and Sapphire solely because the water type starter is always the crappiest?

Hazzard
07-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Mudkip is excellent! Muddy Water was always a firm favorite for me, and Blastoise was probably the best or equivalent to Charizard.

Shoeberto
07-29-2007, 10:29 PM

When I beat the Champion I was at like. 55-50, so you shouldn't have had to work that hard xD
Well, yesterday I got some lucky hits in and took out the ones that gave me trouble easily and beat it. Then I got the national dex and a ditto and now I have all three starters!

ReloadPsi
07-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Well water Pokemon usually have pretty good defense and are good to put out in front while you're trying to catch a powerful rare creature whose attacks are very strong, but I always find them a bit lacking in the damage department, and seeing as plenty of other types can learn Surf anyway...

Ouch!
07-29-2007, 11:27 PM
It's been a while since I've actually played Diamond or Pearl. My friend Armando regularly asks me to do doubles battles against him (boosted to 100) so that he can record stats to calculate IVs for breeding. Other than that, I burned out a while back EV training. I may pick it up again some time, at which point I would do my damnedest to get a hold of the G/S/C starters. They're the only ones I don't have yet.

qwertysaur
07-30-2007, 03:02 AM
It's been a while since I've actually played Diamond or Pearl. My friend Armando regularly asks me to do doubles battles against him (boosted to 100) so that he can record stats to calculate IVs for breeding. Other than that, I burned out a while back EV training. I may pick it up again some time, at which point I would do my damnedest to get a hold of the G/S/C starters. They're the only ones I don't have yet.

If you have the game pokemon colloseum, you get the starters in that game. You can then trade them to R/S/E/FR/LG and finally transfer them to D/P. Or catch all 200 pokemon in the hoenn dex in emerald to get one of the G/S/C starters.

KH-Cloudy
07-30-2007, 08:41 AM

Well, yesterday I got some lucky hits in and took out the ones that gave me trouble easily and beat it. Then I got the national dex and a ditto and now I have all three starters!

Heh, which starters? I have thr original ones if you like. I can breed them all for free =) or are you talking about the D/P ones?

Shoeberto
07-30-2007, 06:13 PM
The D/P ones. I guess that's not quite as much of an accomplishments as the R/B starters :]

demondude
08-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Which is the best starter I'm thinking of getting chimchar.

qwertysaur
08-01-2007, 06:44 PM
All of the starters have duel types in their final forms.

Turtwig becomes a Grass/Ground type
Chimchar becomes a Fire/Fighting type.
Piplup becomes a Water/Steel type.

Pick the one you want, but take note that in the Sinnoh dex the ONLY fire type other than Chimchar and its evolutions is Ponyta/Rapidash.

Markus. D
08-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Don't get a Piplup T___T

Every second pokemenz is water!

Honestly!

O-O!

Arc_Master_14
08-02-2007, 09:06 PM
yea get a chimchar theres a lot of water and grass pokemon

Hazzard
08-03-2007, 01:30 AM
yea get a chimchar theres a lot of water and grass pokemon

It looks awesome as Infernape, I just got it evolved today. So yeah, go for that.