PDA

View Full Version : The menus in my copy of FF6 sometimes turn pitch black - why?

Peter_20
07-26-2007, 07:34 PM
I have this copy of FF6, and for some reason the menu screens tend to turn completely black - I do see the info texts that explain each item, but I don't actually see the items, and everything else is completely black.
This luckily doesn't happenduring the battles, but the fact that it happens in the menus is annoying enough.
It happens about 80% of the time.

Can you repair this?

Flying Mullet
07-26-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm guessing that "this copy" is on an emulator? I've heard of it happening frequently on emulators that aren't set up right, but never on a console/handheld.

Peter_20
07-26-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm guessing that "this copy" is on an emulator? I've heard of it happening frequently on emulators that aren't set up right, but never on a console/handheld.No, it's an actual copy for the SNES.

Flying Mullet
07-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Wow, I've never heard of this before. Considering the carts are over 12-14 years old, it might be old age taking it's toll on it.

Peter_20
07-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Wow, I've never heard of this before. Considering the carts are over 12-14 years old, it might be old age taking it's toll on it.Can you repair this, or is it too late?

o_O
07-27-2007, 02:36 AM
I seems to me, unfortunately that either the cartridge or the console is probably dying. I doubt it could be repaired either so you'll most likely have to look for a new cart/console.