PDA

View Full Version : I decided to do something meaningfull

demondude
07-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Earlier I gave £5 to the WWF to help the pandas from extinction it was the first time I had given to a charity.

How often do you donate money to different charitys, do you even do it at all? :)

Bunny
07-26-2007, 07:51 PM
I gave my brother $150 for his church charity thing. He wouldn't leave me the hell alone until I did.

Fonzie
07-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I build a house in Mexico every summer.

fredsanford
07-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Here's variety. NO I never gave much to the needy. I sometimes advise others about things in life and at other times I just dont do anything. Maybe a buck here and there for a money jar at a needy resteraunt and the like.

Old Manus
07-26-2007, 08:35 PM
I gave 2 quid to this Hare Krishna bloke who collared me in the street and in return he gave me this huge hardback Bhagavad Gita and a smaller book on spiritualism. Not that I believe in any of it but I think it was pretty cool.

Renmiri
07-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Me and hubby always donate the max to help on taxes. Better then than GW Bush getting our taxes!

Faris
07-26-2007, 09:58 PM
I give to charity when I get pennies back from the store. Tim Hortons' charity is the only one that seems to get my pennies. I used to always give some change to charity when I was little, then I got older and realized how important it is to save those pennies.

oddler
07-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I donate my spare change to cans.

rubah
07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
I tithe.

Poor little churches are getting endangered, they need people to help them survive!

Rengori
07-26-2007, 11:56 PM
For as second there I thought you gave money to the World Wrestling Federation.

f f freak
07-27-2007, 03:10 AM

He kind of did. He gave money to WWFOP. World Wrestling Federation Of Pandas. :D

o_O
07-27-2007, 04:02 AM
I sometimes give to charities, but never if somebody comes up to me and asks for money. The other day in the supermarket I was minding my own business, carrying my basket of groceries around, and this woman comes up to me and says "Support our junior team", and I was like "Wtf go away, I'm shopping", so I kept on shopping. She approached me twice more demanding money for her "junior team" before I got out of the supermarket.

I don't even know what sport the junior team plays. :(

Nominus Experse
07-27-2007, 04:03 AM
No - I am heartless

Shemhazai
07-27-2007, 04:49 AM
the churches always require funds to keep em goin. The Vatican has a sh17l04d of money it doesn't need. Jesus was poor, what harm would it do the vatican to spend some money, the tight gits!

Rostum
07-27-2007, 05:21 AM
Well in high school I always gave a little to charity events. These days I put in with my family to sponsor a child -- something like World Vision.

qwertysaur
07-27-2007, 06:04 AM
I do meals on wheels with my family. It is fun, but the meals usually smell really bad.

I do a lot of tzedaka (helping those in need) through my synagoge as well.

Blackmage
07-27-2007, 06:27 AM
I donated a bunch of spare change I had saved up at the time to the Red Cross right after Hurricane Katrina. I'd do more, but I'm in debt and always busy anymore.

Iceglow
07-27-2007, 04:12 PM
I don't donate much the odd penny maybe when I buy a Mac D's or something but in general I prefer doing something fund raising once I did a 9 hour sponsored silence (A full shift in my place of work) where I couldn't speak to ANYONE including customers, my boss or anything so I had a piece of paper and a pen to write what I couldn't put in to actions and mime out. I had to operate a checkout in that state too I was forever gesturing things and spinning the screen for people to read the popup boxes. This year me and a friend wanted to do a wheelchair race dressed up around the carpark he was going to do a ballerina whilst I did a big dog or gorilla suit we'd have paid for the hire of the outfits but the store manager said no because of the fact he thought we'd be seen as "taking the pee" out of disabled people.

Jess
07-27-2007, 04:14 PM
I try to give my change when I see people with collection buckets when I think it is a good cause.

I'm giving blood tonight -- it might not be money but atleast it will help somebody! :jess:

demondude
07-27-2007, 04:17 PM

He kind of did. He gave money to WWFOP. World Wrestling Federation Of Pandas. :D

That would be horrible if they made pandas fight. :eek:

Old Manus
07-27-2007, 06:11 PM

That would be awesome if they made pandas fight. :cool:
Fixd :monster:

demondude
07-27-2007, 06:23 PM

U R TEH MEGA SUXXORS!

Old Manus
07-27-2007, 06:51 PM
You forgot an overused cat macro

Pike
07-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I tithe.

Me too!

I dunno how other churches work but with mine, tithing money goes to welfare and stuff~ I've donated to Red Cross before too. I like helping out =3

f f freak
07-27-2007, 08:51 PM

U R TEH MEGA ROXXORS!

Goldenboko
07-27-2007, 08:53 PM
I donated to the "Destroy all Humans" fund. I really hope they start using that money soon :D

LunarWeaver
07-27-2007, 08:55 PM
I honestly don't have much to give to charity. I am the needy, damnit! Which means giving money to myself is a charitable donation. See, I'm a good person.

Oh, alright, I do have the internet and a computer, obviously, so I suppose I should give something. I do try, but I'm not going to adopt a sad black and white kid from Calcutta that I see on T.V. or anything.

Necronopticous
07-27-2007, 10:14 PM
I donate to good indie programming and game projects.

Burtsplurt
07-27-2007, 10:32 PM
I gave £50 one Comic Relief and the same amount to Oxfam just after the Asian tsunami. I must have been a lot richer back then.

I used to give £5 a month to Help the Aged because an attractive girl collared me in the street. I stopped after a little while because I don't really like old people very much.

Jojee
07-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Umm...I give homeless people money every once in a while. ...Really, only because they start talking to me and it gets awkward and I'm like k.... n_n

Loony BoB
07-28-2007, 12:48 AM
I donate sometimes, but not very often. Usually it's just pennies at McDonalds but on the odd occasion, I donate towards a community cause or to some major charity, or towards some charity which relates to a disease that someone I know has had / might have / has.

demondude
07-28-2007, 11:53 AM

U R TEH MEGA ROXXORS!

Come on its two against one.:whimper:

Rengori
07-28-2007, 11:56 AM

U R TEH MEGA ROXXORS!

MANUS IS TOTALLY AWSOME

demondude
07-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Graaaaah!

How can you say no to this face. :(

http://www.galen-frysinger.ws/china/panda01.jpg

Rengori
07-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Graaaaah!

The same way you get them to fight.

f f freak
07-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Graaaaah!

No. There I said it. NO. Now go and fight or we'll kill your wife, stupid panda.

demondude
07-28-2007, 12:41 PM
http://pics.apartment808.com/users/PunkBiker/sad_panda.jpg

Loony BoB
07-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Back on topic, guys.

Hambone
07-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Not usually, however once, I did donate a dollar to the Salvation Army. w00t! The lady who I gave it to was a bitch...

I usually don't donate because the money that I CAN scratch up has already had it's destination chosen by me.