PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Diamond & Pearl Release Date - Europe/Britain

Hazzard
07-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey, anyone know when the game is officially being released in stores in Britain, because I heard from various sources that it would be purchasable around the later periods in July, but am doubtful; unfortunately failing to find any other reliable source from when the game will be in gaming stores on the net as well.

So any of you guys know?

Endless
07-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Normally, it should be out tomorrow (July 27) in France, so it should be about the same in the UK. Amazon uk is already shipping it.

Hazzard
07-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Oh My God. I can't express how delighted I am.

Xander
07-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Oh yay, I hope I can get Saturday. Does anyone know the differences between diamond and pearl, I know its not a lot but I wanna decide which anyway? ^_^

Hazzard
07-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Oh yay, I hope I can get Saturday. Does anyone know the differences between diamond and pearl, I know its not a lot but I wanna decide which anyway? ^_^

I relatively the same difference as in Ruby and Sapphire - different Pokemon and the villains goals will switch. "Team Aqua and Magma"

Fonzie
07-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Just caught a shiny shinx. xD

Hazzard
07-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Just caught a shiny shinx. xD

I've heard too much already...:(

Markus. D
07-27-2007, 07:12 AM
It was out on the 21st I think :3 ... In Australia at least.

That's because our country is slack T_T I wanted it months earlier.

edit: I forgot to put the month in there... June desu desuka~

DK
07-27-2007, 07:35 AM
Is it only being released now in the UK? o_O I'm in the UK and I got my copy months ago from my local game store.

Rostum
07-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah I just ended up importing it from PlayAsia a couple of months ago. Beats waiting for it in Australia.

Hazzard
07-27-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm just getting it later on today.

EDIT - I got it today. Shinx and Chimchar!

Xander
07-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Oh, thank you for your help Hazzard :) Where did you buy it? I think I am going to buy it at Game tomorrow because I can trade in Theme Park DS for Ł20. Do you think they sell out at all? Or I guess theyd have a lot really? ^_^

starseeker
07-28-2007, 12:22 PM
I'd just have a look. It's pretty hyped so there should be a lot of copies around.

Xander
07-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Oh yeah I just got it from woolies, hehe. I got Pearl in the end :D havent started yet, after lunch!

Hazzard
07-28-2007, 05:40 PM
I like the game. It's good.

Peter_20
07-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I bought Pokémon Pearl yesterday, and let me put it this way:
I played it for five hours straight, without stopping. :D

Hazzard
07-28-2007, 06:02 PM

I've already clocked 10 hours.

Hey, what pokemon you choose?

Peter_20
07-28-2007, 07:18 PM

I've already clocked 10 hours.

Hey, what pokemon you choose?I chose Turtwig, simply because it was very cute. :D
Which one did you choose? :)
I hear Chimchar is a popular choice.

Hazzard
07-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Funny enough I chose Chimchar. I got my second badge then I decided to restart the game for no apparent reason!

Now I got Turtwig and it has a really good defense. I'm gonna capture Starly as well.

Xander
07-28-2007, 10:11 PM
I chose the PENGUIN THING because he's so damn cute :kaoclove:

I'm on an hour in two minutes XD *slow*

Its beautiful :3

Hazzard
07-28-2007, 10:13 PM
The Penguin looks like some of the characters from Happy feet when it goes through second stage of evolution.

Shin Gouken
07-29-2007, 08:26 PM
I bought this game. Mostly because i needed a different kind of RPG away from FF for a bit. But im already contemplating throwing this away and going back to FF.

I love pokemon.... but they basically just recycle the old games and add more pokemon which seem to be struggling to be as good with every release

Lets see.... the three basic starter pokemon are always the same. Fire, grass and water. Yes they have secondary types now but fire-fighting was in the last series and again here.

Ive already been given an old rod from a fisherman (every pokemon game so far) ive seen someone claiming they will be able to bring fossils back to life (every pokemon so far) and most obviously the proffessor giving you a pokedex. Even the old parcel delivery right at the beginning dates back to the first pokemon game.

Same basic gameplay... defeat 8 gyms to beat the pokemon league, using the HMs to get about, defeating team rocket/aqua/magma/galactic etc. A legendary or two thrown in.

Ive lost faith in pokemon.... same game new name