PDA

View Full Version : Ok I tried somethins

fredsanford
07-26-2007, 10:49 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h206/marcusbroady/babe34.jpg

1st off this was taken with a camera, so some quality was lost. Its a shame to loose quality to something like that.

I spent a little more time on her than I have for other things I have posted here. I used my tricks of the past for her fabric scarf. The skin actually has small defects likea normal skin does I suppose. Im not so great at skin and the like. Its actually Rikku fan art but I wouldnt say I was trying for a shocking resemblance, actually I wasnt trying for one at all. I was brushing up on old techniques and habits.

I spent as much time on this as I did for a sketch book assignment for art class. After high school art and even durring it though I contemplated that quiting art many times. I figured , figure that if Im not good enough to profit from it then why should I go on with it. Im still not at a profitable level. I get a few hints here and there and actually the inspiration for this came from insults and not compliments. God knows I wouldnt mind a compliment though.

rubah
07-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I recognized her as rikku :)

I would say try to use a greater difference between your lights and darks. Once in art class, we watched a video where a guy was teaching how to draw portraits, and he stressed that you should draw a shadow just as dark as it is, even if it's the shadow of a light color.

fredsanford
07-26-2007, 11:07 PM
I recognized her as rikku :)

I would say try to use a greater difference between your lights and darks. Once in art class, we watched a video where a guy was teaching how to draw portraits, and he stressed that you should draw a shadow just as dark as it is, even if it's the shadow of a light color.

Thank you for the advise . I appreciate it.

scrumpleberry
07-26-2007, 11:18 PM
The expression is lovely, and texture in the scarf is perfect, it looks very fuzzy and warm. I actually really like your shading, it gives a lot of depth, like shading should.

Constructive criticisms, I dunno, maybe you should try thinking about perspective and anatomy a bit? The face is really very good, but she features look just a tiny bit off. Think about what things are made up of and simplify them into basic shapes. It really helps if you can imagine a base of circles cylinders etc to draw on. The neck is also very nice, absolutely spot on.

fredsanford
07-26-2007, 11:22 PM
The expression is lovely, and texture in the scarf is perfect, it looks very fuzzy and warm. I actually really like your shading, it gives a lot of depth, like shading should.

Constructive criticisms, I dunno, maybe you should try thinking about perspective and anatomy a bit? The face is really very good, but she features look just a tiny bit off. Think about what things are made up of and simplify them into basic shapes. It really helps if you can imagine a base of circles cylinders etc to draw on. The neck is also very nice, absolutely spot on.
Thanks again. :)

Rostum
07-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Looking good. I'd say the proportion of the head in relation to the neck seems a bit weird, but close. The ear is slightly higher than usual, but that's no big deal. It's definitely worth a try to look at some anatomy books and study. If anything, it'll just improve what you've done.

fredsanford
07-29-2007, 01:24 AM
Looking good. I'd say the proportion of the head in relation to the neck seems a bit weird, but close. The ear is slightly higher than usual, but that's no big deal. It's definitely worth a try to look at some anatomy books and study. If anything, it'll just improve what you've done.
Thanks alot, your opinions are all highly respected .
I feel very privileged to have all of your advice, thank you all.

I had another one on here but I think it was fugly when coming back to it...oh well.