PDA

View Full Version : FMV/AMV/Dummies Guide

Shemhazai
07-27-2007, 03:31 AM
If this annoys anyone, then my deepest apologies.

I have been interested in making one for some time, but after fruitless hours searching through cack sites i gave up looking, if anyone has a good site to dl them or a good program (with instructions in english as well as the client) then could you please post here.

also if i need anything special could you tell me what i would need?

Thanks for your time,
Shem =]

rubah
07-27-2007, 03:38 AM
As always, READFAG: A&E's Technical Guides to All Things Audio and Video (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/)

Shemhazai
07-27-2007, 03:46 AM
I am a busy person, It's late (early 3:50am), and i wont have much time to chill for a while. =[

rubah
07-27-2007, 03:48 AM
If you don't have time to read this, then you definitely don't have time to be making AMVs:}

Shemhazai
07-27-2007, 03:52 AM
i do have time for AMV's just not reading, cos i'd fall asleep, therefore wasting free time.

o_O
07-27-2007, 04:04 AM
You can read how to make an AMV there, or you can read how to make an AMV here. Either way you're going to have to read how to make an AMV.

Shemhazai
07-27-2007, 04:07 AM
Aww, which one is the shortest/easiest for a dummy (me) to understand?

Rostum
07-27-2007, 05:12 AM
If you don't have the patience to read through some FAQ's, you don't have the patience to put any kind of effort into creating AMV's. Seriously, you can't be bothered reading? How the hell do you get educated?

Shemhazai
07-27-2007, 05:16 AM
it's 5 in the damn morning, I'm well educated, i enjoy reading literature, but manuals bore me to hell. so please don't try to insult me when you don't know a thing about me, mmk?

Rostum
07-27-2007, 05:34 AM
Yes, because what I said was insulting. :rolleyes2

You've come in here, asking for advice. We've given it to you, and you're just shutting it down because you can't be bothered. I think the general idea we had in our advice was to read the information over a period of time rather than at five in the morning.

My statement still stands: If you are too lazy to read manuals, FAQ's and tutorials, then you are too lazy to learn how to create AMV's. I don't know how anyone could help you out in any other way.

Shemhazai
07-27-2007, 05:58 AM
don't try and be amazingly smart ass with me, it just doesn't work, as i said i'm rather busy laterand will be for however long it takes, so rly i don't have time to spend hours trwlig through stuff.

Rostum
07-27-2007, 08:40 AM
don't try and be amazingly smart ass with me, it just doesn't work,

I'm not, I'm just telling you how it is. If you think I'm just trying to be overly smart, then you have more troubles than just not being able to read through a manual.

as i said i'm rather busy laterand will be for however long it takes, so rly i don't have time to spend hours trwlig through stuff.

If you don't have time to read through some tutorials or manuals, then you seriously don't have time to muck around with making an AMV. I'm not try sound like a jerk, that's just how it is.

starseeker
07-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Okay then.

starseeker's AMV guide for dummies

Buy your anime DVDs
Download the AMVapp (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtechbeta/)
Follow the guide to rip and prepare your footage
Import your footage into your editing program (Windows Movie Maker will do for beginners)
Make your AMV
Post it on the internet.

Don't forget that AMVs can take a long time to make. My early ones were made in a matter of hours, my most recent one took a week and a half.

If you need any help, PM me and I'll try and help you. I've been making AMVs for over a year. As you can see they're not brilliant but I keep trying (http://uk.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=starseekergem)
All except the last 2 were made in Windows Movie Maker.

Shemhazai
07-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks =]