PDA

View Full Version : GTA4 - Xbox360 Exclusive?

Hazzard
07-27-2007, 08:42 AM
I heard from a source that this game, the newest installment was gonna be a Xbox360 exclusive. Considering GTA is one of my favorite series of games and I've already seen the amazing trailer of it, the comment my source gave me left me scared.

So is this true? Or is GTA just another multi-platform game like the others?

Fonzie
07-27-2007, 08:43 AM
I think it is, heard this from a couple sources, mainly Sony fan boys bitching about it.

Hazzard
07-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Damn, can anyone else ease my mind with this case.

Meat Puppet
07-27-2007, 09:13 AM
PS3 and Xbox 360 since birth. If that has changed, I haven’t heard anything about it.

XxSephirothxX
07-27-2007, 09:25 AM
The "Complete GTA IV Experience" is only on the Xbox 360, as Rockstar will be releasing two downloadable content packs after the game's release only on Xbox Live. Other than that, however, an identical version of the game will ship for both consoles. At least, it's assumed it'll be identical: it's certainly possible it'll run slightly better on one console or the other.

Slothy
07-27-2007, 02:05 PM
The "Complete GTA IV Experience" is only on the Xbox 360, as Rockstar will be releasing two downloadable content packs after the game's release only on Xbox Live. Other than that, however, an identical version of the game will ship for both consoles. At least, it's assumed it'll be identical: it's certainly possible it'll run slightly better on one console or the other.

I wouldn't be surprised if those downloadable content packs make their way to the Playstation Network eventually. It's also possible it could run better on the PS3 as well. I know I saw an article where one producer was saying getting it onto the 360 was more difficult due to the lack of disc space, and the fact that they can't count on users having a hard drive. At best I'd expect a hard drive install on the PS3 and something along the lines of better load times and less pop-up as a result though.

Godhand
07-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Microsoft were quite clear on the content being "exclusive".

Which likely just means the stuff on the Playstation Network will be different, so the two games will start the same but grow in different ways.

AOp
07-27-2007, 04:23 PM
I hate the fact that Microsoft bought out Rockstar just to cheese off Sony. I understand why they did what they did, but I also don't think it is right that GTA fans are caught in the crossfire.

DK
07-27-2007, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if those downloadable content packs make their way to the Playstation Network eventually.

I wouldn't count on it, seeing as Microsoft paid $50 Million for the content to be 360 exclusive.

Goldenboko
07-27-2007, 04:40 PM
I hate the fact that Microsoft bought out Rockstar just to cheese off Sony. I understand why they did what they did, but I also don't think it is right that GTA fans are caught in the crossfire.

XBOX is trying to steal the games that put Sony's Ps2 ahead. Dur.

AOp
07-27-2007, 04:49 PM

XBOX is trying to steal the games that put Sony's Ps2 ahead. Dur.

I understand why they did what they did,

Psychotic
07-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Oh motherfuck. With MGS4 being a PS3 exclusive, I'm going to have to buy both consoles. Damn you, capitalism!

Yew-Yevon
07-27-2007, 05:21 PM
PSM has shown the game on PS3 so the game is multi-platform. I don't think its any worse than what happend to DMC.

Slothy
07-27-2007, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if those downloadable content packs make their way to the Playstation Network eventually.

I wouldn't count on it, seeing as Microsoft paid $50 Million for the content to be 360 exclusive.

Then we'll likely see other downloadable content eventually. Frankly I find it hard to believe Microsoft would pay that much just for some exclusive downloadable content though. If that's the case then they got ripped off. Downloadable extras for a multiplatform game probably aren't going to sell many consoles.

Dreddz
07-27-2007, 06:52 PM
The game is still coming to Xbox 360 and PS3. Microsoft obviously handed a big bag of cash to Rockstar to get the game exclusive, which Rockstar denied but took some money and let the game have a simultanious release on the 360 and PS3. Mainly because Rockstar knows most of the GTA fanbase are PS2 owners and that there likely to buy a PS3. That may not be true now but they didnt know back then.

If the PS3 doesnt gather steam Microsoft will eventually have stolen every worthwhile brand Sony has. Sony can put up a fight money wise ( I mean, there still Sony after all ) but with them losing so much money with the PS3 they will have less money to give away soon and Microsoft will probably have more. Microsoft are unfair competition if you ask me, but hey, thats why I bought both consoles.

AOp
07-27-2007, 06:56 PM
The Wii is killing the PS3 right now more then the 360, I think.

Hazzard
07-27-2007, 08:44 PM
This is bloody outrageous! I'm a Sony man through and through and now I have to sell out to the corporate fools, Microsoft for my gaming...

XxSephirothxX
07-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Oh please. Sony and Microsoft are both huge corporations who shell out big bucks for exclusive deals so as to make more money and outperform the competition. It's called business.

LunarWeaver
07-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Sony and Microsoft are both huge companies out for your money and not your heart. I've never understood why people act like one is evil and the other is sent down from The Great Jubbah's wonderful golden powers. To like one and the other is like loving blue and hating light blue.*

I wonder how it will all play out. Another goal for Microsoft I suppose. I don't play GTA games myself, but it's undeniably a powerful franchise. If Sony hangs on to FFXII and Versus XIII and MGS4, though, it will trump this.

*Edit: Azar beat me to it.

Croyles
07-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Its coming out on both PS3 and 360, I have no idea where these things come from. They have really managed to make many people believe that the game is only coming to the 360, when its actually just 'the first two downloadable packs' rockstar releases.

Since Rockstar has been paid 50mil for 2 exclusive episodes, they probably just decided to include less in the actual retail version. Its not sending a good message to devs lol.

Its funny cause Rockstar said before they were paid 50mil that they would make the two games (360 and PS3) identical in order not to start arguments.

Hazzard
07-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Oh please. Sony and Microsoft are both huge corporations who shell out big bucks for exclusive deals so as to make more money and outperform the competition. It's called business.

Well, I guess I'm strongly bias towards Sony.

Dreddz
07-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Wasnt the PSN going to get something as well? I dont quite know how this is going to work out, I thought that each version will get its own exclusive content. Can someone clarify?

Croyles
07-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Wasnt the PSN going to get something as well? I dont quite know how this is going to work out, I thought that each version will get its own exclusive content. Can someone clarify?

Theres just a rumour that some different exclusive content is coming for the PS3. MS paid for the "the first two EPISODIC downloadable packs" to be released by Rockstar, so something else is possible.
Its only a rumour though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Dreddz
07-27-2007, 10:21 PM
News - Exclusive GTA IV content for PS3, too - source // PS3 /// Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68768)

According to a source close to Rockstar North, the team is working on exclusive supplemental content for both systems, which will be made available for download via Microsoft and Sony's respective online services after the game's release next year.

And then theres this.

No exclusive content for PS3 GTA IV, says Rockstar - PS3 Fanboy (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/07/26/no-exclusive-content-for-ps3-gta-iv-says-rockstar/)

In the "news that blows" category, a Rockstar spokesperson confirmed the absence of any exclusive content for the PS3 edition of GTA IV.

Because the spokesperson said this nearly 10 months after the the first news im guessing there wont be any content on the PSN. I guess Microsoft won.

Croyles
07-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Oh well, dont mind too much. I havnt actually played a GTA for more than 30 minutes since GTA3. Did like the game though.