PDA

View Full Version : the toughest boss

Tiamat3710
07-27-2007, 12:42 PM
i think the final boss from FF8 is actually the hardest final boos in FF history i mean its four fights in one i didnt have much trouble but others seemed to whats your opinion

Slothy
07-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Ultimecia was perhaps one of the easiest final bosses in the series if you ask me. Regardless of how many forms she has, she never gave me any trouble. In fact, I have trouble thinking of any that gave me that much trouble, but Zeromus would probably be the one that gave me the most (in the hardtype version).

Momiji
07-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Necron was by far the hardest for me, probably only because Trance Kuja is there to weaken you before the battle.

Ultimecia is so easy!~

(erm...though I should mention I was already lv.100 with high-powered magic in Squall's junction list, equipped with Lionheart and Aura spells when I reached the end of the game... Ultimecia didn't last more than a couple of turns against me.)

daggertrepe
07-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Ultimicia was SO hard. I had to start the game over, and I still never beat her...

Momiji
07-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Ultimicia was SO hard. I had to start the game over, and I still never beat her...

Training at the Islands closest to Heaven and Hell are great places to level up. Oh, and equip Squall with the Lionheart, max out his Attack stat with 99 Ultima Spells, and you should be able to take out Ultimecia easily.

Heath
07-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Perhaps I'm just useless (probably the case) but I've always found that Fujin and Raijin fight in Balamb to be fairly challenging. I've never really had trouble with FFVIII in terms of boss battles, but that one usually causes me more trouble than others.

Slothy
07-27-2007, 03:31 PM
(erm...though I should mention I was already lv.100 with high-powered magic in Squall's junction list, equipped with Lionheart and Aura spells when I reached the end of the game... Ultimecia didn't last more than a couple of turns against me4.)

Even without that stuff she's too easy. In fact, being level 100 really wouldn't help any since she'll just level with you. The more important part is having good junctions. In which case you're better off using encounter none and using the draw points hidden on the island closest to heaven and hell rather than levelling.

As far as FFVIII bosses that gave me trouble. The only one that really comes to mind is Omega, and only because I lacked the abilities necessary to actually survive when I fought him the first few times.

terus01
07-27-2007, 03:50 PM
I am very disappointed because I found that Ultimecia is more D**N than Omega (it is said that this Omega is the Superboss!).

I beat Omega with 100 level, 255 ATK to Squall and Zell, also 255 DEF to Rinoa. 400 Ultimas, Meltdowns, FullLifes, Auras, Holys, Quakes, Tornados, etc to 4 my characters. I collect hero and holy war drink, but not once I need/used them! also, no invincible moon.

So I found Ultimecia is more hard than him with her apocalypse, but it is still not a big matter to me.

The stongest bosses I think is "the monsters sidequest" in FF X... Penance

Xurts
07-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Sephiroth and Kefka were the easiest for me. Ultimecia is harder only because the fight takes longer and you actually have to pay attention to your health during her final form.

Necron is easily the hardest. He was more of a challenge than Ozma was.

10-Breaker
07-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Ultimecia was never a problem 'cause the lvl-up-and-enemy-lvls-too system. It is easy without those superbuffs or limit breaks only that, but it sure takes time.

Most challengin' boss was Penance in FFX (PAL). ^^'

daggertrepe
07-27-2007, 11:08 PM

Training at the Islands closest to Heaven and Hell are great places to level up. Oh, and equip Squall with the Lionheart, max out his Attack stat with 99 Ultima Spells, and you should be able to take out Ultimecia easily.

I trained there, but not enough, apparently. :eep:

Jessweeee♪
07-27-2007, 11:23 PM
The hardest for me was Sephiroth. It was sooooo easy the first time I beat him, but then my brother shut off the PS2 before I saw the ending :mad2:

I loaded up the same exact file to beat him again, thinking it would be just as easy, but I was wrong! It was soooo hard! I had to leave and level up some! I don't know what was so different, though...

The Ceej
07-28-2007, 01:09 AM
Ultimecia was incredibly easy. But then, so are most bosses in Final Fantasy games. Chaos was the easiest. I wasn't even done preparing for battle when he fell.

That being said, Necron is the hardest boss I've ever faced in a Final Fantasy game. I haven't played FFII or FFXII and I'm only in X-Death's world in FFV. The other mainstream games I've played through. (And I'm not counting FFIII, for reasons you know if you've followed my posts. I'm not getting into it here because people attack me for reasons unknown when I bring it up.) So, seeing as how I've beat most of the bosses Final Fantasy has to offer, most with no trouble, my authority that Necron is the hardest boss in Final Fantasy is pretty solid.

Jesswee, that happened to me with Atma Weapon last time I played Final Fantasy VI. I beat him just fine. Then I killed myself on that pole you beat on the way out. Rather than checking to see if he had reflect, I cast Fire 3 on him four times with all four of them reflecting back to me and killing my characters one by one with nothing I could do to stop it. The second time I faced Atma Weapon, he was incredibly difficult, but I still managed. I don't know what the difference was.

Trisdyn
07-28-2007, 02:14 AM
(erm...though I should mention I was already lv.100 with high-powered magic in Squall's junction list, equipped with Lionheart and Aura spells when I reached the end of the game... Ultimecia didn't last more than a couple of turns against me4.)

Even without that stuff she's too easy. In fact, being level 100 really wouldn't help any since she'll just level with you. The more important part is having good junctions. In which case you're better off using encounter none and using the draw points hidden on the island closest to heaven and hell rather than levelling.

As far as FFVIII bosses that gave me trouble. The only one that really comes to mind is Omega, and only because I lacked the abilities necessary to actually survive when I fought him the first few times.

I don't understand how you guys do it. I mean, yeah sure, Ultimecia wasn't that tough compared to other end-game bosses, but if your Level 100, that would still be tough. Cause it's been proven that the lower level you are, the EASIER it is to actually take down monsters, because they grow at such an exponential rate compared to your party members.

Yeah, and the main thing are junctions to strength, magic, and HP. Seriously. Maybe a few ELM and STA junctions depending on the boss fight. Lionheart, My Final Heaven, and Wishing Star are really all that you need to kick ass. Omega Weapon was only tough because he has an instant-kill move. Yes, it affects your whole party and you cannot block it (Unless you have a holy war, *wink wink*).

Onto the main topic. I'm assuming we get to choose non-plotline bosses as well, so my vote will be Nemesis from Final Fantasy X. Never heard of him? You need to complete all the Arena capturing quests in order to unlock him.

But damnit, he was tough.

Xurts
07-28-2007, 03:22 AM
Yeah, and the main thing are junctions to strength, magic, and HP. Seriously. Maybe a few ELM and STA junctions depending on the boss fight. Lionheart, My Final Heaven, and Wishing Star are really all that you need to kick ass. Omega Weapon was only tough because he has an instant-kill move. Yes, it affects your whole party and you cannot block it (Unless you have a holy war, *wink wink*).

I wouldn't use My Final Heaven or Wishing Star. "Armageddon Fist" is a much better strategy for Zell, and the random aspect of Rinoa's Limits make them unreliable. Irvine's Hyper and Fast Shots are much better.

Trisdyn
07-28-2007, 03:31 AM
I don't use Irvine, at all. But his ultimate does actually sound amazing. Like, if you could get 9999 damage with each shot you do... *drool*.

Oh, and Selphie has an insta-kill limit break called 'The End'. It's ineffective against Ultimecia and Undead monsters, but everything else is game. Yes, that includes Omega Weapon.

Xurts
07-28-2007, 03:34 AM
I don't use Irvine, at all. But his ultimate does actually sound amazing. Like, if you could get 9999 damage with each shot you do... *drool*.

Oh, and Selphie has an insta-kill limit break called 'The End'. It's ineffective against Ultimecia and Undead monsters, but everything else is game. Yes, that includes Omega Weapon.
Hyper Shot does 9999 every shot, but it's a bit slow. Fast Shot will do roughly 5000 or so and it fires much faster. Too bad it runs out so fast that way.

Selphie does have The End, but that is the cheapest battle trick in the history of the universe.

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2007, 07:55 AM

Hyper Shot does 9999 every shot, but it's a bit slow. Fast Shot will do roughly 5000 or so and it fires much faster. Too bad it runs out so fast that way.

Selphie does have The End, but that is the cheapest battle trick in the history of the universe.

Speaking of Fast Ammo, ever tried FFX-2's Trigger Happy with a Turbo Controller and Haste?

It's so cool XD

f f freak
07-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I always found Adel to be quite hard. The Urge to kill Rinoa was just overpowering.

Yeah other than that I'm not really sure. None of the bosses were that challenging really. I suppose Necron was annoying for Grand Cross or Neutron Ring, whichever one inflicts all the statuses, if you aren't prepared for it. Ultimecia is just pathetically easy. Sephiroth can be difficult sometimes but he's easier than Necron really.

The Last Oath
07-28-2007, 11:45 AM
You can destroy basically anyone in FFVIII by junctioning 100 magics like ultima, flare, meteor and full life (triple for speed) to your stats.
If you get 255 vit and 255 spr, (which u gotta user the vit bonus and spr bonus before your level 100) then almost every attack will do less than 1000 or even below 100. Final Form Ultemecia is the only one who can lower your health down to 1.

RedMagician
07-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Let's face it. If you don't know the trick, one boss can be a pain in the arse. Gerogero is an annoying boss with status attacks that can blow your head off. And at that point of the game, you may have low health. But ya know, I have always found the boss in the missile base and NORG very tough, but not impossible to beat. Overall, some bosses are tougher than others, but still beatable.

terus01
07-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Most challengin' boss was Penance in FFX (PAL). ^^'

Yeah, I think so too.

Xurts
07-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Let's face it. If you don't know the trick, one boss can be a pain in the arse. Gerogero is an annoying boss with status attacks that can blow your head off. And at that point of the game, you may have low health. But ya know, I have always found the boss in the missile base and NORG very tough, but not impossible to beat. Overall, some bosses are tougher than others, but still beatable.
Gerogero's status ailments are easily countered by drawing Esuna from him. Really defeats all challenge in that battle.

ReloadPsi
07-28-2007, 06:13 PM
If you don't get really good at using the Junction system on your first play through the game and basically exploit the ability to summon GFs rather than raising stats and casting Aura a lot (which can be boring for new players), you will not get past Adel.

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Oh, be nice!

Here's how my characters were if it's of any help:

Ultima, Life, and Full-Life on everyone's elemental defense, making them absorb all elements. Strength stat near the maximum (strong magic for this can be found at the Island Closest to Heaven/Hell) and lots and lots of Aura.

In battle, I summon Cerberus, triple Regen and Aura...sometimes spells like Haste, Protect, and Shell, but mostly just Regen and Aura, then go insane with the limits.

If you have Bahamut's card, it refines into 100 Mega-elixirs, which is pretty handy in Ulti's last form.

RedMagician
07-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Gerogero's status ailments are easily countered by drawing Esuna from him. Really defeats all challenge in that battle.

You're absolutely right, but maybe it's just me who had this problem. You see, my first version of the game was bought from Russia(pirate version, I admit it ;) ) and the game was acting all funny and everything. And if you're playing the game first time, then it might be a little weird to you. I shall admit, I had many problems playing the official version too. It took me a lot of time to learn all the things, because it was very weird after playing FFVII for months. And of course, I think it's not that easy to get Esuna magics if your low-leveled, am I right?

Xurts
07-28-2007, 11:09 PM

You're absolutely right, but maybe it's just me who had this problem. You see, my first version of the game was bought from Russia(pirate version, I admit it ;) ) and the game was acting all funny and everything. And if you're playing the game first time, then it might be a little weird to you. I shall admit, I had many problems playing the official version too. It took me a lot of time to learn all the things, because it was very weird after playing FFVII for months. And of course, I think it's not that easy to get Esuna magics if your low-leveled, am I right?
You just need a decent Mag stat to be able to draw successfully. If the player doesn't, then they could just throw a Phoenix Down at him.

Great Sephiroth
07-29-2007, 10:11 PM
I think Ultimecia is teh 2nd easiest boss in FFs...(1st is Yu Yevon---he like an itsy-bitsy spider thing and very silly). If you have Lionheart and max. HPs for all characters, no proble to defeat Ultimecia...
I think the toughest boss in FFVIII is Omega Weapon. Still, if you leveled up very well it is hard anyway!! I was Lv. 100 and HP 9999 of all characters, and still I needed to beat that Omega for 30 minutes...Even I had Hero and Holy War too...But when you beat it, you take Omega Proof, and this was an honor for me to read it (trust me, it makes you happy)...
Anyway, I thought in my very early play times of FFVIII, I can beat Omega when ı was low-level..But its just a dream. Don't think about it.
Still I can't beat Necron well in FFIX...:(

Xurts
07-29-2007, 10:18 PM
I was Lv. 100 and HP 9999 of all characters, and still I needed to beat that Omega for 30 minutes...Even I had Hero and Holy War too...
I couldn't help but lol at that.

Markus. D
07-30-2007, 04:08 AM
Fujin and Raijin fights >_<;;

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-30-2007, 05:54 AM
dude, I so PWNED Ultimecia's ass the first time I faced her with only regular attacks, and 99 megaelixers come in handy too. I had a crap weapons, not sure, it was more than 2 years ago, no magic and no GF's because my dumb ass didn't get those commands unsealed before fighting her. But she is ABSOLUTELY THE EASIEST FINAL BOSS I HAVE FOUGHT IN ANY GAME (except Sadler in RE4)

Great Sephiroth
07-30-2007, 10:29 PM
I was Lv. 100 and HP 9999 of all characters, and still I needed to beat that Omega for 30 minutes...Even I had Hero and Holy War too...

But I beat Omega already my friend...

Xurts
07-30-2007, 11:38 PM

It's impossible not to with Holy Wars. Good job though.

Lawr
07-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Zeromus was the hardest for me. Heck, the entire Lunar Sub-terrain was a a pain in the ass.

Great Sephiroth
07-31-2007, 09:42 PM

Nahh, you didn't understand me...Well, I said, I beat Omega Weapon and it takes to me 30 minutes...EVEN I HAD Hero and Holy War too...So, I had all of them. But even I used them, it takes looong time (mean 30 minutes)...

Wolf Kanno
07-31-2007, 11:04 PM
No, I don't believe Ultimacia to be the toughest, I'll give it props for being one of the most interesting boss fights in the series. Well I would say Yu-Yevon is hands down the biggest joke of a final boss battle in the series (And I'm counting the battles with Final Aeon Jecht and the Corrupted Aeons as part of this final boss battle).

The hardest battle has to be Zeromus from FFIV (Hard Version) just because the survival rate of your party is based on Edge stealing that damn Dark Matter off of him. Possessing the Dark Matter makes Zeromus' Ultimate attack "Big Bang" fluctuate in damage. If you don't have it, get ready to watch as Big Bang K.O.'s an average of three party members every other round.

What makes this really difficult is that Edge has absolutley no defense. Neither Physical or Magical so almost every one of Zeromus' attacks will kill him if they hit. The second problem is that Edge is a ninja first (and a poor one at that) and a thief second (He's definetly a better ninja than a thief and that means trouble for you) So it may take several rounds for Edge to successfully steal the item.

The next most challenging is probably the Cloud of Darkness from FFIII. If you don't have the right party set up, she will completely own you in one round. It's one of the few boss battles (As well as Zeromus) where if you don't come in with a strategy, the boss will pick you apart.

Every other boss fight in the series can either be won by discovering a trick or abusing the game's system. I mean Sephiroth can be beaten with a spam of level 4 limit breaks or just using Knights of the Round, Kefka can be beaten by spamming Ultima, Ultimacia is all about spamming with Limit breaks combined with good Junctions to stay alive.

The Emperor in FFII is a joke when you realize that the Blood Swords do insane amounts of damage to him. Chaos is flimsy so it more about buffing your Knights and staying alive. Neo X-Death can be defeated easily with eiither a spamming of Gil Toss or using the insanely overpowered Flare Sword/ Two Sword/ Barrage combo. Necron may hit hard but his attacks have the unfortunate side effect of raising your parties Trance Gauge twice as fast and as many know, if Steiner, Zidane, or Vivi goes into Trance, most battles is quickly over and it's really funny when all three go into Trance.

The Undying is not much of a fight but more of an endurance match (which is what most boss battles become 3/4 of the way through XII) and if you were smart enough to actually complete most of the Mark hunts, your party is probably better equipped and leveled than this fight actually calls for. Most boss battles in this series are pretty easy, it's just about finding the right strategy or trick. Or in most cases, abusing the game's broken battle systems:D

Hayate
08-01-2007, 12:13 AM
I found Adel to be quite challenging my first play through. I think my junctions were quite lame and I didn't understand what I was doing at the time. lol.

Xurts
08-01-2007, 01:13 AM
Necron may hit hard but his attacks have the unfortunate side effect of raising your parties Trance Gauge twice as fast and as many know, if Steiner, Zidane, or Vivi goes into Trance, most battles is quickly over and it's really funny when all three go into Trance.
Trance is useless for everyone except Vivi, Eiko, and maybe Freya. It's utter crap for everyone else, and will only be useful in battle if your characters are weak. The only time I relied on Trance was at the very beginning against the plant in the Evil Forest and against the first Black Waltz.

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2007, 01:46 AM
Necron may hit hard but his attacks have the unfortunate side effect of raising your parties Trance Gauge twice as fast and as many know, if Steiner, Zidane, or Vivi goes into Trance, most battles is quickly over and it's really funny when all three go into Trance.
Trance is useless for everyone except Vivi, Eiko, and maybe Freya. It's utter crap for everyone else, and will only be useful in battle if your characters are weak. The only time I relied on Trance was at the very beginning against the plant in the Evil Forest and against the first Black Waltz.

I'll agree that Vivi and Eiko make the most of Trance (Freya I would disagree cause she can't keep consistant high numbers) but Zidane and Steiner gain the ability to do consistant 9999hp damage with little to no mp usage. How's that useless? Sure Steiner can do it without it but Shock and Stock Break can be expensive considering how little MP the old boy has, it's more usefull to have him do it for free.:D

pspkilla
08-01-2007, 03:02 AM
I think the toughest boss is any Omega Weapon, It always takes me a few trys to beat one.

Xurts
08-01-2007, 03:16 AM

I'll agree that Vivi and Eiko make the most of Trance (Freya I would disagree cause she can't keep consistant high numbers) but Zidane and Steiner gain the ability to do consistant 9999hp damage with little to no mp usage. How's that useless? Sure Steiner can do it without it but Shock and Stock Break can be expensive considering how little MP the old boy has, it's more usefull to have him do it for free.:D
Zidane can deal 9999 with Thievery so his Trance is useless and makes dealing damage more expensive. Steiner's Trance would be nice if he could deal 9999 for physical attacks, but his regular SwdTech attacks cost far too much.

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2007, 05:39 AM

Zidane can deal 9999 with Thievery so his Trance is useless and makes dealing damage more expensive. Steiner's Trance would be nice if he could deal 9999 for physical attacks, but his regular SwdTech attacks cost far too much.

By end game all of Zidane's Dyne skills do 9999 damage, even True Energy which is cheaper to cast than Thievery, also unless their is a trick to Thievery, I have never been able to get it to do that type of damage it usually does about 5000 to 6000 points at most.

Steiner's Trance ability doubles his attack power which menas by endgame, he begins to do 9999 points of damage with his normal attacks. It's the reason I keep him in my party.

When you get four people dishing out 9999 six times per round (using X-magic) Necron drops pretty quickly.

Heath
08-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Thievery takes an insane amount of stealing to actually get it up to 9999, so most people never actually see it do more than half that from my experience.

Also thinking about it, Adel provided a bit of a challenge first time through as well. I think it was because I had a habit of not paying attention of Rinoa's health (what, I was about 12! I can't be keeping an eye on four characters' health) and so I got game over at least once or twice due to that.

Great Sephiroth
08-01-2007, 04:28 PM
When I first encountered with Adel, I was 12 too...And I tried very hard to beat her, but I can't because my characters' junction and lvl. are miserable...Luckly I beat her one day, but after I played disc 4 in Ultimecia Castle, I cannot beat Ultimecia's 1st form even! So I played it from the beginning...Gosh, what were these days...:)

Xurts
08-01-2007, 07:39 PM
By end game all of Zidane's Dyne skills do 9999 damage, even True Energy which is cheaper to cast than Thievery, also unless their is a trick to Thievery, I have never been able to get it to do that type of damage it usually does about 5000 to 6000 points at most.

Steiner's Trance ability doubles his attack power which menas by endgame, he begins to do 9999 points of damage with his normal attacks. It's the reason I keep him in my party.

When you get four people dishing out 9999 six times per round (using X-magic) Necron drops pretty quickly.
Thievery's damage formula: [Number of steals * Speed]/2. So if Zidane's speed is 35 it takes 572 steals to max it, 500 steals for 40 speed. This seems like a lot, but it doesn't take that long if you steal from bosses and occasionally from enemies. Frog Drop takes longer to max than Thievery, actually.

Steiners attacks vary with damage and can be reduced by Protect and high defense, fixed damage spells cannot be blocked or reduced and will always deal a certain amount of damage. That's why spells like Thievery, Frog Drop, and Dragon's Crest >>> Steiner.

terus01
08-02-2007, 03:12 PM

It is very possible without holy war/trial, hero/trial and invincible moon.
I've tried it, it is easy :p

Rinoa have to be in 255 DEF (so she could survive the attacks and revive the others)
Squall and Zell with 255 ATK
Other STATS have to be above 130! (keep them as high as possible, using magic junction, devour (Eden's ability), or UP item such as Vit-up, Luck-Up, etc (get them from refine)

you may want magic, revive, recover, auto haste, auto protect, auto shell, etc on your ability.
the party must have item and a bunch of megalixir!

Battle:
First use meltdown/ doomtrain. Then, Cerberus, if you'd like.
Just keep everybody's hp 9999 everytime, and
use aura on Squall and Zell often.

Xurts
08-02-2007, 04:27 PM
....I meant it's impossible not to beat him with Holy Wars.

terus01
08-03-2007, 04:13 PM
..... Well, Sorry. So, you mean it is possible to beat him without invincible drink? or... ah whatever. well, my point is just don't be afraid leveling up till 100 and win without that invincible drink and invincible moon.

Hambone
08-04-2007, 02:57 PM
I didn't think Ulti was the toughest FF final boss. Necron was, wait, and CoD.

The toughest boss in FFVIII would have to be...well...to be honest, none of them are "hard" for me anymore. I guess...Ultima Weapon. Yes, Omega was easier.

ReloadPsi
08-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Zeromus was the hardest for me. Heck, the entire Lunar Sub-terrain was a a pain in the ass.

Yeah, this one and the entire final area of FF3.

Great Sephiroth
08-04-2007, 10:09 PM
I didn't think Ulti was the toughest FF final boss. Necron was, wait, and CoD.

The toughest boss in FFVIII would have to be...well...to be honest, none of them are "hard" for me anymore. I guess...Ultima Weapon. Yes, Omega was easier.

What??? Are you joking or soemthing....? Ultima Weapon is more than more than moooore easier than Omega...

Xurts
08-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Ultima is a noob compared to Omega. srsly.

PuPu
08-05-2007, 08:54 AM
No boss in FF8 can be considered hard when your characters have 1HP and Aura status. You can use Haste to make this strategy even more effective. I casted Aura and Haste on my party. As soon as Ultimecia used Hell's Judgement, I was able to pound her with constant Limit Breaks and finished her off before she was able to make her next attack. The same thing happened when Omega used Megido Flame. Ultima Weapon is extremely fast and cheap, but can be killed with one Lion Heart.

Hardest is Zeromus in FFIV (PS1) because he deals more damage with Big Bang than Rosa can heal with Cure4. Halfway through the battle, everybody except Cecil was KO'd and if I revived them, they'd just be easily KO'd again. So it was just Cecil, using Fight and an Elixer whenever his HP got below 2000. I ran out of Elixers before I finally beat him. It was almost a Solo Cecil challenge. :p

Next would be The Undying, I fought him with Lvl 45 characters on Active. (I think I was a little underleveled though) Almost all of his attacks could KO my characters in 2 hits, and he was really fast.

NeoXdeath was also quite hard, since he had multiple parts you had to defeat. In most boss fights, you had the advantage of many characters vs. 1 foe. Not here though.

Necron is hard, but not as hard as people think. Grand Cross doesn't actually do damage; it places statuses on your party (one of which is KO) and can reduce your HP down to 1-10. One time it even missed my party completely. After he uses Neutron Ring, he'll use Blue Shockwave 3 more times before the next Grand Cross. Blue Shockwave only reduces a characters HP to 1; it's not that bad.

All others weren't really that hard. Shuyin was the easiest.

Wolf Kanno
08-08-2007, 06:03 AM

Thievery's damage formula: [Number of steals * Speed]/2. So if Zidane's speed is 35 it takes 572 steals to max it, 500 steals for 40 speed. This seems like a lot, but it doesn't take that long if you steal from bosses and occasionally from enemies. Frog Drop takes longer to max than Thievery, actually.

Steiners attacks vary with damage and can be reduced by Protect and high defense, fixed damage spells cannot be blocked or reduced and will always deal a certain amount of damage. That's why spells like Thievery, Frog Drop, and Dragon's Crest >>> Steiner.

Yeah but all three of those abilities require extra effort and knowledge of the formulas to get to work effectively. If you were going for a completionist game then I agree they are better than Trance. If you are doing a straght playthrough though, then Trance still remains effective. Besides it's not like the Trance states reduce the effectiveness of these abilities so it's still marginally useful (well except the fact you can't control them:rolleyes2 )

Necron barely uses status buffs and Steiner with any of the last three swords can do max damage in a Trance state so I still feel it's valid.

Besides the point here is the fact that Necron is a loser how the hell did I get into a game mechanics conversation?;)

Xurts
08-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah but all three of those abilities require extra effort and knowledge of the formulas to get to work effectively. If you were going for a completionist game then I agree they are better than Trance. If you are doing a straght playthrough though, then Trance still remains effective. Besides it's not like the Trance states reduce the effectiveness of these abilities so it's still marginally useful (well except the fact you can't control them:rolleyes2 )

Necron barely uses status buffs and Steiner with any of the last three swords can do max damage in a Trance state so I still feel it's valid.

Besides the point here is the fact that Necron is a loser how the hell did I get into a game mechanics conversation?;)
If you're just going straight through the game and not bother to get stronger then of course Trance is going to be useful. Steiner would be a better choice there since his attacks are the easiest to max. However, if you took the time to get stronger, then characters with the fixed damage skills would be the best choice.

I think you mentioned something about using Trance to beat Necron, and I felt compelled to comment.

Wolf Kanno
08-08-2007, 08:49 PM

If you're just going straight through the game and not bother to get stronger then of course Trance is going to be useful. Steiner would be a better choice there since his attacks are the easiest to max. However, if you took the time to get stronger, then characters with the fixed damage skills would be the best choice.

I think you mentioned something about using Trance to beat Necron, and I felt compelled to comment.

Looking back, yeah that was what sparked this... damn we went off topic didn't we?;)

Xurts
08-08-2007, 10:06 PM

Looking back, yeah that was what sparked this... damn we went off topic didn't we?;)
We may have strayed slightly off topic, yes. :p

Aerith's Knight
08-14-2007, 09:01 PM
if you have aura(which is drawable with enc-none) then ultimecia and omega weapon are easy.. the only thing you have to watch out for is ultimecia and griever blowing away aura, ultima(i assume you have either that or flare junctioned to str) and whatever restorative magic you have junctioned to get your person to 9999 HP.
da rest is easy

Thoughtless
08-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Omega Weapon > Ultimecia

I didn't particularly think she was hard, just really really long.

sephireland
08-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Been years since I played this marvellous game but I somehow managed to get to the end with none of my characters on 9999 hp. I'd say Squall was my best on about 7650 hp. Took me freakin' weeks to defeat Ultimecia and thus complete the game as a reault of my low hps. Hated the junction system!!!

BardTard
08-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Adel was the hardest boss for me.
But then I played it again and junctioned spells that make me absorb every element and I kicked her ass. :)

Ultimecia was easy for me. I got bored and was at like level 77 or something, didn't have all my abilities, and I went to fight her just to see what it was like. And I won.

Dirufan
08-22-2007, 08:57 AM
FF V - Twintania.

Me < Gigaflare

aquatius
08-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Definately the fossil boss in the salt lake, it took me AGES. [/sarcasm]