PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Warrior

Momiji
07-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Yep. I'm talking about the original game for NES (it was made by Enix, so close enough).

I used to play this when I was a kid. Anyone remember this game? *goes to play it again for nostalgia*

Flying Mullet
07-27-2007, 04:06 PM
I do. I still have it for my NES and GB Color. It's simplicity makes it great. It was the first video game RPG I ever played.

Momiji
07-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah. If it wasn't for this game, I probably wouldn't be interested in Final Fantasy today.

Crossblades
07-27-2007, 04:46 PM
I used to own the GBC version. I remember that game being enjoyable:)

oddler
07-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Erdrick is my secondary username. :)

07-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Of course! My very first RPG. Don't know how old I was. 6? Probably along those lines. I still get nostalgic for RPGs where leveling up matters a lot and weapons and armor cost money.

I also still like the fact that your final destination is visible from your starting point.

Meat Puppet
07-28-2007, 03:48 AM
I have only a few times played it for NES, but I did play through a fan-remake, which was made in RM2K (or whatever) with SNES sprites and so on. I guess it was something like illegal, but whatever. It was fun. Perhaps I’ll never get to... to fully experience the spirit of the game, but from what I have played of the NES original, I don’t really want to.

theundeadhero
08-04-2007, 10:45 AM
I still have my NES copy. It was my first RPG.

Captain Maxx Power
08-04-2007, 03:13 PM
The original Dragon Warrior is the sort of thing that, unless you experienced it the first time around, you won't want to do so now.

SABR
09-25-2008, 08:55 PM
God, I'm having a heart attack from the pure, unadulterated nonstalgia! First RPG ever. I also played 2-4 in that series. Some of the best moments my childhood had to offer.

(CMP, shush, I've played it a few times before and still found it fairly entertaining each time)

Zeromus_X
09-25-2008, 09:08 PM
I tried playing it on the NES when I was little but didn't get very far. Later on I played it along with the other remakes on the GBC and beat them all. They're pretty fun, simple, nostalgic games.

Markus. D
09-25-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm greedy.

I grew up with Secret of Mana/FF games ~>_<

Bolivar
09-25-2008, 10:25 PM
I first played it when a couple of my friends and I started getting really into NES RPGs, in like the late 90s I think. We had the NES dusted off and running in my house, and one of my friends brought over the cart. It was real fun, but we didn't spend a lot of time on it.

The only DQ I've beaten is VIII, I'll probably get IV DS around christmas, and I recently started on DWIII (NES). If I can plow through that one, maybe I'll go for a full playthrough of the first.

Momiji
09-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Ahhh yeah, let's bring this thread back from the dead!

I remember when I was running around that ghost town (it's been years, so the name escapes me) and all of a sudden, I was stuck in a fight against an Armor Knight, and when I won, I found Erdrick's Armor.

As an 8 year old, that made my day.

Yar
09-26-2008, 03:25 AM
Not only do I have the game, but I still have the box and booklet. :3

The game itself, however, I hate with a passion. I only have the game for collector's sake.

Wolf Kanno
09-26-2008, 07:37 AM
I love this game and I am sadden that I can't finish it (I'm trying to level to get Loto's Armor from the Armor Knight) due to my NES finally dying. I was late getting into NES RPGs but I loved this game. Despite beating DQIII and VII, I still like the first game the most. I really can't explain why.

FFIX Choco Boy
10-12-2008, 06:01 AM
I played DWI, and I loved the game. I start new games and speed rush the game in a day every once in a while, and I never miss anything when I do. Very short game, almost no secrets, but still very fun.

Roto13
10-12-2008, 06:15 AM
People think my user name is from Dragon Warrior. :P

Yar
10-12-2008, 06:32 AM
People think my user name is from Dragon Warrior. :P

I've teased you about that before, too. :D