PDA

View Full Version : About Auron...

Great Sephiroth
07-27-2007, 09:25 PM
I think Auron is the one of coolest characther in all FFs...So, I beat game first time, I surprised about him (dont worry I'm not giving a spoiler...). Anyway, I have a few questions about Auron...
1) Why his right eye is blind? Who blinded him or who made that scar on his face?
2) Why he use only one arm when he walks (remember, in fights he uses two of them)? Is it a style or something...?
3) What the heck about his sunglasses, it makes no sense...

Renmiri
07-27-2007, 09:56 PM
1. After Braska and Jecht defeated Sin Auron went back to Yunalesca and demanded answers. Mortally wounded (including almost losing an eye) he made his way to Bevelle and begged Kimahri to care for Braska's daughter, then he died and came back as unsent
2. Braska was his "master". In japanese tradition the master less samurai - Ronin - use their arm like that to indicate their damaged honor ,i.e., they failed to save their master.
3. To hide his big scar and to look cool ?

daggertrepe
07-27-2007, 11:09 PM
All I know is that Auron is smexsay

Trisdyn
07-28-2007, 03:49 AM
1. After Braska and Jecht defeated Sin Auron went back to Yunalesca and demanded answers. Mortally wounded (including almost losing an eye) he made his way to Bevelle and begged Kimahri to care for Braska's daughter, then he died and came back as unsent
2. Braska was his "master". In japanese tradition the master less samurai - Ronin - use their arm like that to indicate their damaged honor ,i.e., they failed to save their master.

Holy crap. I didn't even know the answers to number one and two.

But uh... yeah, sunglasses are for keeping sunlight from hurting your eyes.

AOp
07-28-2007, 04:02 AM
This is kind of off-topic, but how long does a game have to be out before you can discuss key plot points without using spoiler tags?

rubah
07-28-2007, 04:06 AM
couple of years, but it's still a nice courtesy.

cally777
07-29-2007, 12:50 PM
the sunglasses so make sense! :love:

:choc::choc::choc:

Great Sephiroth
07-29-2007, 10:41 PM

MY GOD!!! The 2nd answer is cool! Very well it makes sense enough. Thaaaaaaaaaats why Auron's job must be samurai (like in FFXI)...It is very exciting...Man I liike Auron sooo much. and yes, with these sunglasses, he seems soo cool...:D

Pouring Rain
08-09-2007, 12:33 AM
1. Auron went back to Yunalesca and asked for answers. She was outraged and attacked him, nearly killing him. As he made his way down the mountain, he told Kimahri about Yuna and somehow died going down the mountain. He was never sent, so he remained on Spira, and traveled back in time to Zanarkand through Jecht (who was/is Sin) to watch over Tidus until it was the time that Sin was to attack Zanarkand, and Tidus would really be sent into the present.
2. Not really sure. Go with Renmiri for that.
3. I'm assuming that it's to hide his eye.

BG-57
08-09-2007, 03:27 AM
Auron went back to Yunalesca and asked for answers. She was outraged and attacked him, nearly killing him. As he made his way down the mountain, he told Kimahri about Yuna and somehow died going down the mountain. He was never sent, so he remained on Spira, and traveled back in time to Zanarkand through Jecht (who was/is Sin) to watch over Tidus until it was the time that Sin was to attack Zanarkand, and Tidus would really be sent into the present.

There is no actual time travel in FFX. It just looks that way because Tidus is told that Zanarkand has been in ruins for 1000 years. Naturally he assumes that he got thrust 1000 years into the future. What really happened is that he was transported by Sin from Dream Zanarkand (DZ), which exists in some inacessable location on Spira to Baaj Temple in Spira proper.

So DZ and Zanarkand ruins are coexisting in time but not in space. DZ is fueled by the collective dreaming of the Fayth and will exist, along with all its inhabitants, for as long as they sleep and dream. Once they wake up, it vanishes, along with Tidus.

Auron in fact traveled to DZ only 10 years in the past (unsent and Fayth have no problem crossing over) to look after Tidus.

Mind you, this is refered to only obliquely. Some of this information comes from FFX Ultimania and not even the game itself. So it's one of the most common points of confusion.

jeo2388
08-11-2007, 07:22 PM

1.Yunalesca did that?
2.Yeah.. Wonder why they made him a samurai, samurais are supposed to be agile.. guess he's just getting old :love: and dead too
3. Makes him look younger lol :love:

Renmiri
08-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Yep, the deranged woman doesn't know a hunk when she sees one!

Hazzard
08-11-2007, 11:29 PM
So how comes Yunalesca was so calm and oblivious, when Auron and the group came into the temple of faith? She didn't even notice him...

Namelessfengir
08-11-2007, 11:55 PM
So how comes Yunalesca was so calm and oblivious, when Auron and the group came into the temple of faith? She didn't even notice him...

there's a difference between noticing and caring. shes not blind so she must not have cared

Godhand
08-12-2007, 01:33 AM
If you saw a group of retards charging at you you wouldn't be frightened either, you'd just point them to the nearest shiny thing and watch as they all kill each other trying to get it.

Same basic principle, just a lack of shiny things where Yunalesca was. Or maybe she smelled of bacon.

cally777
08-12-2007, 11:14 AM

I suppose its the principle, if you've kicked someone's a*se once, you can kick it again (even if they're dead). I was beginning to think that about Seymour, and got complacent so he killed me the third time. Yunalesca could have made the same mistake.

:choc::choc::choc:

Hazzard
08-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Yunalesca sure gave me a hard fight though...

Auron obviously dealt the finishing blow.

demondude
08-15-2007, 04:22 PM
If you saw a group of retards charging at you you wouldn't be frightened either, you'd just point them to the nearest shiny thing and watch as they all kill each other trying to get it.

Same basic principle, just a lack of shiny things where Yunalesca was. Or maybe she smelled of bacon.

You really are a sick bastard aren't you?