PDA

View Full Version : Alvin and the Chipmunks MOVIE!

Shlup
07-28-2007, 01:59 AM
When I saw this (http://www.alvinandthechipmunksmovie.com/) preview before the Simpsons movie last night, me and the girl in front of me were cheering. I'M TOTALLY GOING TO SEE IT!

Rengori
07-28-2007, 02:00 AM
There's been a cutout at my theater for a while, I somehow suspect it'll be a load of :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Psychotic
07-28-2007, 02:03 AM
Jason Lee, why have you done this to me?

Marshall Banana
07-28-2007, 02:19 AM
I don't know who they really are, but those chipmunks are not Simon, Alvin, and Theodore. =O

Shlup
07-28-2007, 02:25 AM
They're freaking adorable though! I'm down. I'm with it.

Bunny
07-28-2007, 02:28 AM
Shluppy was very bored today and was browsing movie videos, I guess.

First Underdog, now Alvin and the Chipmunks? Jason Lee is close to becoming the worst man in the history of film. And he was doing SO well.

oddler
07-28-2007, 02:30 AM
Jason Lee is the only reason I would even go watch that movie. :p

DK
07-28-2007, 02:32 AM
This is almost as dire as when I heard that they're planning to remake Bill and Ted.

Bunny
07-28-2007, 02:35 AM
This is almost as dire as when I heard that they're planning to remake Bill and Ted.

Dear Hollywood,

Stop raping my childhood.

Love, hugs, and kisses,
Bunny

Shoeberto
07-28-2007, 02:36 AM
Oh my. This is awful indeed.

DK
07-28-2007, 02:39 AM
If I see Bill "Justin Timberlake" Preston Esquire and Ted "Fiddy Cent" Logan, I am going to Hollywood armed to the teeth and taking down as many film executives as I can before the police sniper gets me. :mad2:

Shlup
07-28-2007, 02:39 AM
It was a preview before The Simspons Movie. Also, a teaser preview for the new Batman out next Summer. People cheered, then when they saw it was Summer '08 they all boo'd. xD

Rengori
07-28-2007, 02:50 AM

Dear Hollywood,

Stop raping my childhood.

Love, hugs, and kisses,
Bunny
*Link to South Park episode "Free Hat" where Stan, Kyle, Tweak, and Eric try to stop George Lucas and Steven Spielberg from remaking Indiana Jones goes here but the mods would probably remove it and make it useless to put the link here*

~*~Celes~*~
07-28-2007, 03:51 AM
yeah, I saw the cut-out...Gangsta clothes >.o

Slothy
07-28-2007, 04:08 AM
I saw the preview when I saw the Simpsons. I wanted to beat my head against the seat in front of me and wash the blood from the inevitable head wound away with my tears. I no longer have any faith in humanity. At least not any human involved in Hollywood.

Fonzie
07-28-2007, 04:50 AM

Fail.

I Took the Red Pill
07-28-2007, 04:55 AM
Yeah it looked like utter shiet to me. I see enduring an hour and a half of those voices as more of a form of torture than a family movie experience.

Rengori
07-28-2007, 05:42 AM
I saw the preview when I saw the Simpsons. I wanted to beat my head against the seat in front of me and wash the blood from the inevitable head wound away with my tears. I no longer have any faith in humanity. At least not any human involved in Hollywood.

You had faith in them before?

Shlup
07-28-2007, 05:55 AM
I have no problem with them re-making Bill and Ted. How's that affect me? If I don't want to see it, I wont. It's not like they're going to lock the old one away so that no eyes can see it again.

Nominus Experse
07-28-2007, 06:08 AM
No... just... no.

Iceglow
07-28-2007, 07:09 AM
I swear no woman, man or child...no god could force me to go see this movie...the Alvin and the chipmunks cartoon was awesome, this is abomination...it's like if you masturbated in the bath and your sister got pregnant from using the same bathwater after you.

Agent Proto
07-28-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't know. I think it'll be cool. Sure, it looks awkward, but they sound pretty much the same as their cartoon version, I see no harm in it. I'm planning to watch it.

Slothy
07-28-2007, 01:53 PM
I have no problem with them re-making Bill and Ted. How's that affect me? If I don't want to see it, I wont. It's not like they're going to lock the old one away so that no eyes can see it again.

Unfortunately, if such a remake were made and were a pile of crap (which let's face it, is likely), then it could put people who've never seen the original two movies off of seeing them entirely. That'd just be a damn shame.

The Ceej
07-28-2007, 06:38 PM

I don't know about that. Remember when they remade The Music Man with Matthew Brodrick as Professor Harold Hill? I haven't seen a copy of the original in a store since then. Not even at Movie Stop. I'm lucky I was finally able to get my hands on it. I'm going to hate myself for using this phrase, but here I think it's absolutely necessary. Pawn shops FTW. I firmly believe they did lock up the original Music Man so people would have to buy the Brodrick version. I wouldn't put it past them to do the same thing with any movie remake.

LunarWeaver
07-28-2007, 06:59 PM
It'll probly be as good as the Garfield movie was.

Rostum
07-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Oh :skull::skull::skull::skull:. Some things are meant to be kept in the past.

As much as I enjoyed the cartoon and Bill and Ted movie's when I was younger, they really just need to let them die.

Lynx
07-29-2007, 01:43 PM
im being forced to see it when it comes out. i dragged my friend to the simpsons movie and she hated it so now i ahve to go see that and horton hears a who with her when they cme out. its ok though its part of my childhood so i have to see them.

Rengori
07-29-2007, 01:53 PM
im being forced to see it when it comes out. i dragged my friend to the simpsons movie and she hated it so now i ahve to go see that and horton hears a who with her when they cme out. its ok though its part of my childhood so i have to see them.

Don't let her ruin your childhood. Tell her to fuck off and get a sense of humor.

daggertrepe
07-29-2007, 02:42 PM
*cries*

Odaisé Gaelach
07-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Whoever is playing David Seville... wow, they couldn't get a more wooden actor even if they spliced the DNA of Keanu Reeves with a birch tree to become Keanu Leaves.

Mind you, I was impressed with Transformers, so... fingers crossed...

Araciel
07-29-2007, 06:00 PM
why the hell can't hollywood write something new?

Laddy
07-29-2007, 11:35 PM
I think Hell's gates opened now, just now, you can here Satan laughing with sadistic glee...

Lynx
07-29-2007, 11:55 PM

Don't let her ruin your childhood. Tell her to smurf off and get a sense of humor.

:p nah its ok cause if they both suck then she'll have to make it up to me in someway and itll be and endless cycle... is that a good thing?

Rengori
07-30-2007, 12:08 AM
An endless cycle of suck sounds like... it'll suck.

Fonzie
07-30-2007, 12:15 AM

Don't let her ruin your childhood. Tell her to smurf off and get a sense of humor.

:p nah its ok cause if they both suck then she'll have to make it up to me in someway and itll be and endless cycle... is that a good thing?

Ask for sex.

Rostum
07-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Whoever is playing David Seville... wow, they couldn't get a more wooden actor even if they spliced the DNA of Keanu Reeves with a birch tree to become Keanu Leaves.

Yes, when he yelled Alvin, I just shuddered... It was horrible.