PDA

View Full Version : No I am the best!!!

Shoeberto
07-29-2007, 04:42 AM
This is a topic about self delusion.

Have you ever somehow been convinced that you were good at something even though you weren't? And people would constantly say straight to you that you weren't good, yet stubbornly enough you continued only to make yourself look even worse? Persistently, over and over again, even after you'd been forbidden to do said thing?

I don't think I have, personally! I'd hate to think I'd be that much of a jerk :monocle:

Meat Puppet
07-29-2007, 04:45 AM
I’m very good at talking the talk, but I’m fucked once it comes to walking the walk. Or maybe, even, I’m delusional about being good at talking the talk.

whoops capslock

Shoeberto
07-29-2007, 04:46 AM
When it comes to walking and talking the walks and talks, I think 50% works one way or the other.

Shiny
07-29-2007, 04:51 AM
Nope, can’t say that I have. Although, some people said I was good at singing a while ago, so I would do it every chance I got until someone said "lawl U SUCK at singing" and then I stopped singing publicly.

TyphoonThaReapa
07-29-2007, 04:57 AM
My blackness won't permit me to answer this question. SO, I plead the fifth!:cool:

yanis
07-29-2007, 05:16 AM
Usually it's the opposite for me! I say I suck, but everyone else says I'm the greatest!!!:cool:

Ruskies
07-29-2007, 05:27 AM
I like to think other people are better then they are so I can laugh when I talk them up and they suck. And thats kinda the only way I get people to play tekken and 3rd strike with me. Im a bad person.

Rengori
07-29-2007, 05:30 AM
Usually it's the opposite for me! I say I suck, but everyone else says I'm the greatest!!!:cool:

Me too, but I find it really annoying. I ALREADY KNOW I'M AWESOME. :mad2:

I never really overestimate myself for anything, but I may get overconfident with what I can do sometimes and get cocky. Hell, the only thing I ever think I overestimate myself on is school, always thinking I'm ready for a test and then I end up getting C's or D's.

Jessweeee♪
07-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Usually in school XD

blackmage_nuke
07-29-2007, 07:20 AM
Probably, but i wont admit it

Hambone
07-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Maybe, when I was little people.

Heath
07-29-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't think so. People seem to have a higher opinion of me than I really felt was necessary especially when it came to stuff in school. I don't suppose I've been the one proclaiming greatness with other denying it, really, more the other way around. Though I have managed to eat my own words when I said I was fantastic at TimeSplitters 2 (oh, why must I usually end up 3rd in a 4 player deathmatch with bots and friends?).

Araciel
07-29-2007, 05:54 PM
drinking.

Rye
07-29-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm the exact opposite. Which is probably just as annoying.

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
08-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Opposite, opposite. I'm not really that boastful nor that desperate for unwanted attention. I'm known for my drawings in school and whenever someone sees my drawings and are like, "Hey, you're good!" I'll say, "No, I'm not! This was just out of luck!" or something like that...

But, honestly speaking, I think that's false modesty... :(

Miriel
08-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Eh. Not really. I think I'm pretty self-aware. I know my limits and I know when I suck at something and when I'm great at something. Unless thinking I'm self-aware is part of the delusion. O_o

Anaisa
08-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I know what I'm bad an good at. I wouldn't want to delude myself I was good at something when I'm not.