PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Anime

Hazzard
07-29-2007, 04:32 PM
What's yours? Mine is Claymore and Naruto, and I've only just watched a few episodes of Claymore. I find it very intriguing how the anime is dominated by females. Nice change.

ReloadPsi
07-29-2007, 05:57 PM
The only anime I ever really enjoyed was the Read Or Die OAV series, though I've never had a chance to watch the subsequent TV series. I've also seen one episode of Bobobo-bo bo-bobo and truth be told, I wanna see more!

Beyond that, anime is something I can never really get into: to say that the word "anime" is short for the word "animated" transliterated into Japanese, there's an awful lot of simplistic tweening, cheap camera pans and general laziness in the animation going on, which puts me off. I'd call that a "moshun touiin" or a "moshuto" (motion tween) rather than an anime.

Renmiri
07-29-2007, 06:15 PM
So many! It's like asking about your favorite movie or book. Way too many to chose just one.

Try Wolf's Rain

Hambone
07-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Again?

Sailor Moon.

Jessweeee♪
07-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Serial Experiments Lain :kaocheer:

Sweet Beloved
07-29-2007, 07:44 PM
InuYasha =]

qwertysaur
07-29-2007, 09:05 PM
I love claymore. I also like katekyo hitman Reborn!.

Wolf's rain? sounds interesting.

tailz
07-29-2007, 09:23 PM
naruto
suzuka

and

chrno crusade

Nifleheim7
07-29-2007, 09:30 PM
So many! It's like asking about your favorite movie or book. Way too many to chose just one.

I'm currently watching Death Note and it's one of my favourites.

Hazzard
07-29-2007, 09:37 PM

I'm currently watching Death Note and it's one of my favourites.

It is rather compelling.

Claymore contains a lot action, much more than Naruto, and it's so gruesome and gory as well. They don't hold back. Blood, nude, even talk of rape, leaves you thinking wow.

Kossage
07-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Mine would probably be Wolf's Rain. The animation is quite good and at times even breathtaking. The characters are appealing and have mysteries of their own which are slowly revealed as the story progresses. I like the way how the world isn't black & white but grey instead: the heroes do some gruesome things while many of the villains' actions can be ambigious (I felt particularly sorry for Darcia because of his tragic story). It's nice how love stories and other subplots don't happen all at once but take time to develop, and it's interesting how certain characters are connected.

The storyline is quite coherent and interesting, and the only bad thing I have to say about it is the fact that it progressed too quickly in the final episodes. If they had made just a few more episodes, the pacing would've been perfect and the ending wouldn't have been too rushed. Still, the final episodes are truly mindblowing in the way the events unfold, and I really liked the cleverly ambigious ending which had ties to a certain scene in a nice way. The music by Yoko Kanno is among her best with truly uplifting as well as tragic melodies, and there are some really beautiful songs, including the opening and ending themes.

tidus_rox
07-30-2007, 01:08 AM
There's another "fav anime" every week... MMM

As stated in every other thread of the same topic, Loveless and Noein.

Ace14
07-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Bleach and FLCL (fooly cooly!!) :D Those anime are like the best.

Wolf Kanno
07-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm with Renmiri, there are way too many to list for me.

For something funny watch Irresponsible Captain Tylor or Tenchi Muyo! OVA
For something artistic watch Haibane Renmei or Last Exile
For something action packed watch Big O or GunGrave
For something romantic watch Kare Kano or Voices of a Distant Star
and for something just overall awsome, watch Cowboy Bebop;)

Baloki
07-30-2007, 10:25 AM
My favourite animes at the moment would have to be Nadesico and Stand Alone Complex (1st and 2nd gig), however there is a small list of classics every anime fan should own:

* Evangelion
* Cowboy Bebop
* Outlaw Star
* Chobits
* Excel Saga

I don't know why, that just seems to be the rule.

What's yours? Mine is Claymore and Naruto, and I've only just watched a few episodes of Claymore. I find it very intriguing how the anime is dominated by females. Nice change.

Naruto :barf:

The only anime I ever really enjoyed was the Read Or Die OAV series, though I've never had a chance to watch the subsequent TV series. I've also seen one episode of Bobobo-bo bo-bobo and truth be told, I wanna see more!

Don't watch the TV series, it's 20 episodes of padding, then 5 episodes of actual story, plus they've ruined some of the original characters :(

Serial Experiments Lain :kaocheer:

I've only seen one episode so far and I have to admit, it's one good mindfuck so far :D

Bleach and FLCL (fooly cooly!!) :D Those anime are like the best.

FURI KURI FTW!

I'm with Renmiri, there are way too many to list for me.

For something funny watch Irresponsible Captain Tylor or Tenchi Muyo! OVA
For something artistic watch Haibane Renmei or Last Exile
For something action packed watch Big O or GunGrave
For something romantic watch Kare Kano or Voices of a Distant Star
and for something just overall awsome, watch Cowboy Bebop;)

:D And Last Exile = love

Rengori
07-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Tie between Last Exile, FLCL, Trigun, and Shin-Chan.

JKTrix
07-30-2007, 01:08 PM
If I really like an anime, I buy the DVDs. So the fact that I bought, or plan to buy, DVDs of an anime I'd already seen on fansub may speak to its quality.

Noein was awesome. I'm re-watching it now on DVD.
Last Exile is also really great. The ending didn't impress me too much, so it's behind a few titles in my 'Favourites' list. The Limited Edition Box Set is still on my top shelf though.

I now own Everything Ghost In The Shell, since the SAC: Solid State Society movie came out a few weeks ago. I have the 2 'Ghost in the Shell' movies, both 'Stand Alone Complex' series (including the tin sets for 2nd gig), and I just got the 'SAC: SSS' movie last week. This is a great series...but still not at the top of my list.

At the top of my list is RahXephon. It's a brilliant series on its own, but I attribute this show as my 'breakout' anime--the one that showed me that anime was more than Pokemon and Dragonball Z.

Tied for 2nd place are 3 shows: Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, The Twelve Kingdoms and Eureka 7 (starts slow, gets awesome. slow episodes are important foreshadowing). If one is getting tired of the standard anime stuff, or just doesn't see the appeal (like ReloadPsi), check out any of those 4 shows before you make up your mind.

Notable up-and-comers: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (fun, random show with a few truly epic moments), Darker Than Black (Feels/sounds a lot like Cowboy Bebop (Yoko Kanno rox), though it's quite different and better) and Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (this show is freaking awesome).

starseeker
07-30-2007, 01:17 PM
My favourites at the moment are Code Geass, Noein, Death Note and Voices of a Distant Star.

Roto13
07-30-2007, 05:37 PM
There are others that I like, of course, but Serial Experiments Lain is my favourite.

BG-57
07-30-2007, 07:06 PM
The original Vision of Escaflowne is just about perfect.

I also love Fruits Basket, KareKano, Wolf's Rain, Maison Ikkoku, Gasaraki, Vampire Princess Miyu (OVA), the orginal Tenchi Muyou, Laputa, and Princess Mononoke.

Sick Boy
07-31-2007, 05:23 AM
I like a lot of shows. But my favorites are definitely Tenchi, Hellsing, Elfen Lied, and Cowboy Bebop.

Jessweeee♪
07-31-2007, 05:44 AM
Serial Experiments Lain! Paranoia Agent! Bleach! Fooly Cooly! Inuyasha! Chobits! Gravitation! Samurai Champloo! I can't name them all! :kaocheer:

CloudDragon
07-31-2007, 05:50 AM
I really like Outlaw Star and the whole Tenchi series a lot.

Psychotic
07-31-2007, 05:58 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/lounge/107713-favorite-anime.html

oh no