PDA

View Full Version : The port needs long loading times? Then please don't release it at all...

Peter_20
07-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah, for some reason ports ALWAYS suffer from ridiculous loading times, and I seriously start thinking that the producers find long loading times to be a good thing.
Whenever there's a port released, like Final Fantasy 6 or Chrono Trigger, there are loading times for everyone!
And of course they are longer than five seconds, so that you can't even stand three battles.
This stuff has made me disappointed way too many times now, and it's got really old.

Why can't they just postpone the release date and fix those damn loading times?
And if they fail, they should cancel the whole thing completely.

Roto13
07-29-2007, 06:41 PM
There are five-second loading times in FF VI Advance?

Peter_20
07-29-2007, 06:42 PM
There are five-second loading times in FF VI Advance?I don't know, but the PlayStation remake was a royal pain.

Levian
07-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah, you know it's bad when you try to avoid entering the menu just 'cause of the loading times.

Shoeberto
07-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Psychonauts on the PS2 had pretty bad loading times.

Basically my only gripe about the game, though.

MecaKane
07-29-2007, 07:19 PM
I think you're jumping the gun a bit there. You've only given examples of SNES games on PSX from like 5-7 years ago. Anything recent to talk about? :eek:

Shoeberto
07-29-2007, 07:44 PM
I think you're jumping the gun a bit there. You've only given examples of SNES games on PSX from like 5-7 years ago. Anything recent to talk about? :eek:
Basically any port of an Xbox or Gamecube game to the PS2!

MecaKane
07-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Well that's cause PS2 had not as good hardware, I guess! Better than no port, though isn't it!

Zeromus_X
07-29-2007, 09:49 PM
The PS2 port of Tales of Symphonia suffered from horrendous slowdown and load times, although at least they added new content in. It's nothing compared to Tales of the Abyss's load time, though...

FFIV is the only PS1 port where they didn't screw up with the load times or the sound being changed too much, the only loading times were when saving or loading, which is bypassed by using the Memo save during your play session instead of a normal save, and only saving normally at the end of a session.

But FFVI and especially CT suffered the worst of all. I can't even play the PS1 port of CT.

Bolivar
07-30-2007, 03:57 AM
Yeah i'm playing VI right now on PSX and it is pretty bad, but i can put up with it. FFV's didn't seem to bad.

Karellen
07-30-2007, 04:11 AM
The new Final Fantasy Tactics PSP port suffers from slowdowns during combat each time an attack animation plays, apparently.

tidus_rox
08-01-2007, 05:09 AM
I hate when a battle ends, you can NEVER immediatly enter the menu... you have to wait like 5 seconds... pisses me OFF!!

Peter_20
08-01-2007, 05:19 AM
I hate when a battle ends, you can NEVER immediatly enter the menu... you have to wait like 5 seconds... pisses me OFF!!Not only that, but you have to endure a loading time after the battle before actually accessing the menu.
The battles start with this loading sequence as well.
Not to mention the fact that the battle menus tend to browse much slower...

Roto13
08-01-2007, 08:17 AM
The new Final Fantasy Tactics PSP port suffers from slowdowns during combat each time an attack animation plays, apparently.
Really? That's kind of lame. There must have been a way around that....

Markus. D
08-01-2007, 08:39 AM
If you ever decide to get Ootp (for the ps2 at least) it suffers some major Graphical Lag almost everywhere, Get it for 360 or ps3 I suppose :3? (A game that takes less than 13 hours to beat shouldnt be bought anyways....)

Still... the reason I hired it (To explore hogwarts oooh~~) still sufficed :3