PDA

View Full Version : Study Abroad

Rye
07-30-2007, 12:08 AM
X-posted from GHF

My neighbor's daughter just came back from Argentina, because she was studying abroad for a year there. Before, she was in India for a few months, studying abroad. Apparently, she and the other students visited a leper colony. She liked Argentina a lot, but wasn't crazy about India.

So that made me feel like making a topic. Have you ever participated in any study abroad programs in college? Are you planning to? Did you want to?

I'd really love to take a part in it sometime. I know NYU has the most amazing study abroad sites, like Florence, Shanghai, Prague and OSLO NORWAY. Norwaaaay~~~ However, if I got in, I'd want to go to Florence, because it has Music Ed as a major there. And it's in the motherland. My Dad said Florence is the most beautiful place in the world.

rubah
07-30-2007, 12:09 AM
if there's enough money in my fellowship when I'm an upperclassman, I might do it;o

Resha
07-30-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm hoping to study abroad x_x there's no question of studying in M'sia. But where -- I dunno. :O

theundeadhero
07-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I study broads all the time.

Miriel
07-30-2007, 10:23 AM
I want toooo!!!

My best friend just came back from doing an internship in London for 3 months. And another friend of mine is in Australia right now (she also managed to hook up with an Australian dude and is now engaged). And another close friend is heading off to Scotland this coming fall semester. Arrgh, so jealous!

USC's study abroad programs run about 22k for one semester. That's pretty hard to swing, considering that I won't be taking any classes that will count toward graduating if I study abroad.

I might do just for fun once I graduate though.

Breine
07-30-2007, 11:20 AM
At one point I was seriously into becoming an exchange student in the US, but it just never happened. Nowadays, if I have to study abroad, which would be very exciting, it would have to be so that I could learn a new interesting language (e.g. French, Italian etc.) or become better at one I already know (e.g. German, Spanish).

Cz
07-30-2007, 04:15 PM
I'd like to study abroad, and my first-choice university has a program that would allow me to do so. I'd like to study in the US for a year, and they've got links with plenty of places over there, so I'll start researching my options soon.

Oh, and Florence is beautiful. Go go go there. :)

Polaris
07-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Have you ever participated in any study abroad programs in college? No

Are you planning to? Yes, planning to go to Sheffield next year!:D

Mirage
07-30-2007, 04:19 PM
COME TO NORWAYLAND.

Jojee
07-30-2007, 05:25 PM
On one hand, I'm not that interested in studying abroad. I am <i>very</i> interested in traveling though, especially when there's people I want to meet. n_n

Yamaneko
07-30-2007, 05:27 PM
I will have to if I get into a Ph.d program, but I'd rather travel for the fun of it.

Zeldy
07-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Ive been set on going to Finland to study for awhile :razz:

Heath
07-31-2007, 12:52 AM
Still considering England my homeland, I've been studying abroad for 11 years now! But seriously, I'll certainly be moving from Wales at least if/when I go to university.

Araciel
07-31-2007, 02:12 AM
i've studied abroad....or two!

Leen-Leen
07-31-2007, 02:47 AM
Well ... I'm always moving overseas, so I always go to either private or International schools for two or three years. I don't know if that counts as "studying abroad.":p

qwertysaur
07-31-2007, 02:54 AM
I want to take a semester in Japan. But it is so expensive.