PDA

View Full Version : FFX and Twilight Princess in 4 days.

tidus_rox
07-30-2007, 12:34 AM
While I was talking on MSN with my friend, we decided to do something this summer that we could brag about to our gaming friends at school. We already have something for the non-gamers (I almost died from a shark attack) but we need SOMETHING, right?

So we were talking blah, blah, blah, and then we came to a decision. We will complete Final Fantasy X and Twilight Princess in 4 days. We havn't really made a schedual, we're kinda going for a "just see what happens" approach. I just want to see if you guys think that we can do it.

Also, discuss any other big accomplishment about videogames.

Fonzie
07-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Shoot for the stars.

Rengori
07-30-2007, 12:39 AM
General gaming perhaps?

tidus_rox
07-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Shoot for the stars.

Just watch me... Well, don't, actaully, cause then you would be stalking me and I dont know you so please don't

:)

Lawr
07-30-2007, 12:43 AM
:monster:

Ouch!
07-30-2007, 01:09 AM
Depends if you want to get 100% completion or not. On one Twilight Princess file, I've logged about 40 hours and have done everything except killing the 60 poes. The reward for killing 20 was enough. Completing Final Fantasy X 100% would take a lot more time (mostly because of the monster catching).

If you're just talking about going through the main story, four days is more than enough time, especially if you end up organizing a schedule. Since you've played both games already, you already should know how everything plays out, unless you forgot. If you remember what to do in Zelda, none of the dungeons should take much longer than an hour. There aren't many parts to get hung up in FFX to begin with.

tidus_rox
07-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Depends if you want to get 100% completion or not. On one Twilight Princess file, I've logged about 40 hours and have done everything except killing the 60 poes. The reward for killing 20 was enough. Completing Final Fantasy X 100% would take a lot more time (mostly because of the monster catching).

If you're just talking about going through the main story, four days is more than enough time, especially if you end up organizing a schedule. Since you've played both games already, you already should know how everything plays out, unless you forgot. If you remember what to do in Zelda, none of the dungeons should take much longer than an hour. There aren't many parts to get hung up in FFX to begin with.

Well, I havn't played TP, however I KINDA want to. I dont like the Zleda series at all, but I think I will give it a try, so that might slow us down a bit. (But we do have the strategy guide... so yeah lol)

Ouch!
07-30-2007, 01:18 AM
I really wouldn't suggest a speed run for any game on your first play through. Dunno, just seems like a waste to rush through the first time. Using a guide on the first go also seems pretty boring to me. This, I believe, is especially true for any Zelda title. Although the puzzles in the game are rarely particularly challenging (nothing that you wouldn't be able to figure out without a moment's thought), it is enjoyable to figure them out on your own. I just feel that's part of the series.

Tavrobel
07-30-2007, 01:22 AM
Depends if you want to get 100% completion or not... [c]ompleting Final Fantasy X 100% would take a lot more time (mostly because of the monster catching).

There aren't many parts to get hung up in FFX to begin with.

Blitzball alone would take 60 hours, with or without the Guide; the main game is around 35, maybe 25 on a speed run; catching monsters is surprisingly short if you go through the areas with a planned method. At best, you get 24*4, 96 hours, minus the time taken for eating, hygeine, and other interruptions. I'm not sure how long Twilight Princess would take, but not that far off.

Ouch!
07-30-2007, 01:28 AM
I'd say Twilight Princess would take 60 hours if it wasn't his first play through. Since he's using a guide, I'd guess about that anyway. There's lots of running from place to place for quite a bit of that game.

cloud21zidane16
07-30-2007, 01:48 AM
If your gonna skip everything then go for it:D
:thumb: GOOD LUCK:thumb:

Renmiri
07-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Completing FFXII in less than 70 hours would be a big feat.

tidus_rox
07-30-2007, 02:24 AM
Completing FFXII in less than 70 hours would be a big feat.

tehe... my first file is 62 hours... YAY! I performed a big feat.!!

ReloadPsi
07-30-2007, 02:34 PM
(I almost died from a shark attack)

It's like you don't even care :P

FFXII should be easy to speedrun. Just skip all the cutscenes; you've seen them before.