PDA

View Full Version : Solution (Lion War Thread)

Demon Lancer
07-30-2007, 02:28 AM
Yup thats right... "Solution" my faith -20 for the new game. Why have I lost some faith in it? 2 main reasons really
Onion Knight- Seriously? is that supposed to be a serious class? are Lulu's sutffed animals going to be the most powerfull weapons in the game too?

and the 'Special' classes being made generic. :( There goes your independence Gafgarion.

Sure you play though FFT wishing some of your 'better than the special character' generics could become dark knights, holy knights, Delita's Sister (lol not reallly... I hope) and such.
But didn't that add to the fun of your first play though? Finally getting a holy knight and the waiting to see what other special classes would join you.

Ramza Beoulve
07-31-2007, 07:55 AM
Yup thats right... "Solution" my faith -20 for the new game. Why have I lost some faith in it? 2 main reasons really
Onion Knight- Seriously? is that supposed to be a serious class? are Lulu's sutffed animals going to be the most powerfull weapons in the game too?

and the 'Special' classes being made generic. :( There goes your independence Gafgarion.

Sure you play though FFT wishing some of your 'better than the special character' generics could become dark knights, holy knights, Delita's Sister (lol not reallly... I hope) and such.
But didn't that add to the fun of your first play though? Finally getting a holy knight and the waiting to see what other special classes would join you.Have you played another FF game aside FFX where Onion Knights appear? In FFX it was just a doll, but also Lulu's most powerful weapon. It was also (and originally) in FF3. In FF3 they are the initial class all party members start at (similar to "no class" in FF5). Unlike Fighter, it has no abilities or differentiation in stats. It can also equip the worst and best equipment in the game, but nothing inbetween. In the DS version, this is a secret class that can use any weapons and equipment (except Job Mastery), experiences explosive stat growth from levels 93-99, can use any magic (except summon magic), and is the only class that can use onion equipment. The Onion Equipment, in the DS version, were one of the more (if not the most, I don't remember) powerful weapons in the game. In FFT, it will have limited abilities, but his power levels in high levels, and the fact that it will be able to equip every item in the game through his abilites will add a lot of strategy around them.

In other words, don't underestimate them.

About the special class (only the dark knight is added, don't cry that much), I think it will add more strategy to the game, because that will allow the creation of better teams, even with generic characters, giving them more presence in the game than just mere "pawns" or "cannon-fodder". Some may like it, some not, but yeah.

And that, as they say, is that.

Demon Lancer
07-31-2007, 09:31 PM
I have played FF3 which wasn't as 'dark' as FFT is, which is what my point was Onion Knight doen't go with the dark story of FFT the dolls where not a reference to the onion knight just a joke as another 'cute' thing added to the game. And where do you get this information about class? If its that small trailer that was released that showed dark knight don't think they would put all of the new classes in one promotional trailer. I highly doubt Dark Knight is the only newly generic class.

Crossblades
07-31-2007, 09:47 PM
I have played FF3 which wasn't as 'dark' as FFT is, which is what my point was Onion Knight doen't go with the dark story of FFT the dolls where not a reference to the onion knight just a joke as another 'cute' thing added to the game. And where do you get this information about class? If its that small trailer that was released that showed dark knight don't think they would put all of the new classes in one promotional trailer. I highly doubt Dark Knight is the only newly generic class.

Dark Knight and Onion Knight are the only new classes they added. Plus, two more playable characters:Balthier and Luso.

Ramza Beoulve
08-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Dark Knight and Onion Knight are the only new classes they added. Plus, two more playable characters:Balthier and Luso.Indeed, thanks

I'm a FFT fan, I get information from more places than just a game trailer. Square has confirmed since the japanese release that Dark Knight and Onion Knight were the only classes added. Also, I don't find troubles with the appareance of the Onion Knights, they look just normal in the pics I have seen.

Look, just wait until the game is released here and play it, and then you'll be qualified to classify your faith levels on it.

ReloadPsi
08-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Dark Knight and Onion Knight are the only new classes they added. Plus, two more playable characters:Balthier and Luso.

Is that Balthier as in FFXII's Balthier, or just some new guy akin to the many Cids appearing in the series?

Ramza Beoulve
08-12-2007, 10:00 AM

Is that Balthier as in FFXII's Balthier, or just some new guy akin to the many Cids appearing in the series?He's the FFXII's Balthier, if my memory doesn't fails :).

Hazzard
08-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Why would XII's Balthier appear in this game? What's the logic behind that...

Jowy
08-12-2007, 08:59 PM
The same logic with Cloud appearing in FFT, duh.

BG-57
08-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Considering that FFXII occurs 1000 years before the original FFT, it'll be interesting to see how they could work in FFXII's Balthier.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Similar to the machine that summoned Cloud i would assume.

I'm looking forward to anything and everthing that might be added to FFT.

One of my Favorite games of all time, regardless of what is added I am just happy to see this game getting some Love.

Im not a fan of FFTA so i will consider this re-make as a sequal to FFT.

feioncastor
08-28-2007, 07:49 AM
Considering that FFXII occurs 1000 years before the original FFT, it'll be interesting to see how they could work in FFXII's Balthier.

Well, FF7 and FFT take place in entirely different planes of existence, but good ol' Besrodio finds a way to tinker with the fabric of space and POOF, there's Cloud, complete with an entirely new shiny Limit Breaker.

Initially, I was kind of worried about the idea of remaking FFT. I'm of the opinion that if something is good, you should leave it alone. Changing something that is good can result in the thing becoming bad. If you just leave it alone, it will always be good.

However, I'd like to play something as fun as FFT but with different details. FFT was the first strategy RPG I ever played, and I thought I might like other stratergy RPGs, but after trying a few others, I decided that I just plain like FFT, having nothing to do with its genre. (Vandal Hearts was okay, but all the others I tried just weren't that fun).

So now I get to play FFT in a new way. I know I'll in enjoy because it's FFT, and I'll get to experience new things.

I felt the same way when I learned of the GBA remakes of FFIV, FFV, and FFVI. I own and love all three of those games.

I still maintain that FF1&2: DoS should not have happened. At least the FF1 part. I guess FF2 was okay, but they nerfed the hell out of FF1, whose coolest feature was how challenging it could be.