PDA

View Full Version : For all you DW or Gundam Fans

Spammerman
07-30-2007, 05:15 PM
No, not Dragon Warrior.

For all you Dynasty Warrior Fans and those Gundam fans theyre combining the games. I downloaded the demo on my 360, and i have to say, its a good game. I dont know the full story, but from what i got, a planet looking thing is going towards earth, and they dont know if i is a planet, or someting more like a mobile weapon. It plays more like the empires branch of of dw. Its like squares that are connected by strips of land, and after defeating a certain amount of enemies, a commander comes out, you kill him, and you take the square. I liked it from what I played.

Laddy
07-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Oh, god, why?

JKTrix
07-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Had this for a while, back when it was on PS3 with no signs of ever coming out in English. I started playing it again recently.

There's an 'Official Mode', which goes through the core story of the Universal Century. You play through Amuro, Kamille and Judau's story through a sequence of missions, and once you beat those you unlock alternate missions for Char, Scirocco and Haman Karn.

Then there's the Original mode, which includes all the characters from Official mode and a few of the other heroes from non-UC Gundam series. I haven't played through too much of this so I'm not sure if each character's story is different, but the way Original Mode missions work is that it mixes all the different series together so that they are either fighting with or against each other. The little cutscenes are pretty cool, like one with the RX-78 Gundam facing off against the Epyon. It's all fanservice.

While you play, the pilots gain experience in different areas, as well as the mobile suit they use. The mobile suits only gain levels in reference to the pilot, however, so if you get to level 10 with the RX-78 using Amuro, the mech will go only be level 1 if you decide to use it with Heero.

There is some customization beyond choosing your mech and character as well. During the progress of the game, you unlock certain traits for the pilot which augment his abilities. Additionally, whenever you beat 'Ace' mechs (usually major mechs from the show, different from the usual Field commanders) you can pick up parts from them. These alter the abilities of the mech itself.

In all, it's pretty decent. The levels can stretch on for a long time, especially if you don't want someone to die who is all the way across the map (because more often than not, it ends in a game over). To be honest, if this didn't have the Gundam license on it, I wouldn't care about the game and probably would not enjoy it. But as a piece of fanservice (as most Gundam games are), it's excellent.

Heath
08-01-2007, 12:02 PM
No, not Dragon Warrior.

For all you Dynasty Warrior Fans and those Gundam fans theyre combining the games. I downloaded the demo on my 360, and i have to say, its a good game. I dont know the full story, but from what i got, a planet looking thing is going towards earth, and they dont know if i is a planet, or someting more like a mobile weapon. It plays more like the empires branch of of dw. Its like squares that are connected by strips of land, and after defeating a certain amount of enemies, a commander comes out, you kill him, and you take the square. I liked it from what I played.

Dear God. For a second I was under the impression that Zhuge Liang would have to take down a Gundam with a battle fan. Not that I'm saying he couldn't, it's just something I'd like to see.

Markus. D
08-01-2007, 12:05 PM
It sucks :\

It really... really... sucks, Well... if you are like me and think that the core construction of gameplay is stale.

I liked Samurai Warriors 2~

JKTrix
08-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Yes, the gameplay is stale. I've said in previous discussions about the "X Warriors" series how much I dislike it them.

But the fanservice is great. I haven't played the demo so I don't know what's in it, but the actual game has a good bit of content. I probably won't buy it again though. (I only bought this because the PS3 had nothing worthwhile on it at the time other than Virtua Fighter.)

It's like Mario Party. The game itself is pretty lame. A few of the minigames might be decent fun, but it's got Mario and co. in it. Fanservice. Or milking. Probably both.

Besides, it's way better than the other next-gen Gundam game.