PDA

View Full Version : Magic and Gems

jammi567
07-31-2007, 01:16 AM
I was watching a video where someone used loads of Gems to win a battle, and i just thought of something that i don't think has been asked here before:

How does magic actually work in Spira, and how does nature (or humans?) condence magic into gems. Personally, i'm guessing it's something similar to how materia is made in VII, but what do you think.

Namelessfengir
07-31-2007, 01:49 AM
well id figure that it would have to do with the pyre flies because your getting the gems from fiends as for the magic....
lets see what the others have to say

rubah
07-31-2007, 02:01 AM
it's probably pyreflies that congeal around an element and were compressed/hardened over time!

Renmiri
07-31-2007, 09:39 PM
it's probably pyreflies that congeal around an element and were compressed/hardened over time!

That is correct. This is how Maechen explains video spheres and how Ultimania guides explain the creation of Sin, Blitzball, etc...

Tavrobel
08-01-2007, 12:55 AM
FFVII = FFX

Gems = Materia

Shinra = Cid's Knights

It all makes sense!

jammi567
08-01-2007, 01:10 AM
FFVII = FFX

Gems = Materia

Shinra = Cid's Knights

It all makes sense!
That's why we don't have the cure gem, or the steal gem. :tongue: ;)

Tavrobel
08-01-2007, 01:23 AM
How saddening. Use of emoticons only makes me laugh at your ineptitude more.

Facetious
–adjective
1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

There was also that interview with one of the scenario writers wanting FFX-2 and FFVII to link together.