PDA

View Full Version : Oh NOEZ! The "REMAKE" word!!!

Wolf Kanno
07-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Alright, now I and many others would agree that mentioning the remake word is sorta've a taboo on a FF forum. Lord knows these type of thread always devolve into VI and VII fans arguning over which game deserves a proper remake. I decided to make this interesting though... what Non-FF game do you wish would get a remake?

Hell I'll even throw in a poll, you kids like polls don't you? It's like stating your opinion without elaborating and bringing something to the discussion. That means you don't have to jeopordise your "comfort zone"...

P.S. To make this poll reasonable, I'm only posting games that have been released outside of Japan and from the last generation and older.

Karellen
07-31-2007, 08:21 AM
Xenogears. I can't think of a SE game that would benefit from one anywhere near as much.

Necronopticous
07-31-2007, 09:41 AM
King's Knight.

Zeromus_X
07-31-2007, 09:43 AM
I'd like to see Star Ocean: Blue Sphere remade for the DS, since tri-Ace is already remaking SO1 and 2 for the PSP. I think the stylus would go great with the item creation system for that game.

demondude
07-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Chrono trigger for the PSP

Brennan
07-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Dew Prism for the PSP or PS3

qwertysaur
07-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Secret of Mana is very deserving of a remake.

Bolivar
07-31-2007, 07:46 PM
I wanna say Chrono Trigger, Xenogears and Vagrant story but to me they really don't need it. Parasite Eve I can manage to just pull out a Playstation Copy.

Honestly I think only Japan-exclusives should be remade because most of the others have already been redone with slightly better graphics anyway.

Larahl
07-31-2007, 08:57 PM
I'll be quite happy to see a remake of Parasite Eve.

Lawr
07-31-2007, 09:12 PM
Chrono Trigger for the PS2, literally revamped, not the recycled over-milked junk they do with FF1 and FF2, and people still buy them...

Karellen
08-01-2007, 12:47 AM
I wanna say...Xenogears...but to me they really don't need it.
Second disk.

Comet
08-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Chrono Trigger!

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2007, 02:35 AM
You know it's pretty funny, I started this thread and personally I can't see me wanting any of these games remade. :sweatdrop:

Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Legend of Mana, Vagrant Story and Crono Cross have all aged pretty well and don't need remakes or ports.

Xenogears is tempting but honestly, I like the second disc the way it is and I sure as hell don't want some other team messing with the game (most of the staff including the main writers and director left and formed Monolith Soft... now in the service of Nintendo:cry: ) and if Xenosaga Episode II taught us anything, you don't let people mess with Saga and Takahashi's work.:mad: All I really would want is a touch up on the graphics with more detailed 2d sprites and less pixalated 3d. I would also like a better translation and localization. But that hardly calls for a remake.

As Zeromus X pointed out, Star Ocean 2 is already being ported to PSP and will most likely get the new translation and localization it needs.

Tobal was never good...

Brave Fencer Musahi is charming and fun but a remake might destroy all that by altering the gameplay a bit with better graphics and the voice acting was actually good but SE might thrash it. Basically I feel the game is good the way it is in the recesses of my nostalgia.

Dew Prism doesn't need a remake it needs a sequel dammit (as well as the Chrono series...)

I never really like Parasite Eve so I guess my vote might actually go to the Romancing Saga games for the original GB. A face lift and some expansion on their rather primitive stories might help revitalize the strange experiment that is the Saga franchise.

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Dew Prism doesn't need a remake it needs a sequel dammit

I know! I cry myself to sleep every day knowing that it will never happen T~T

It'd make a good handheld though, if it were to be remade.

scrumpleberry
08-01-2007, 09:10 PM
And Seiken Densetsu III

Eiko Guy
08-02-2007, 05:44 AM
Chrono cross but sadly I know a lot of people would hate for their favorite character to be omitted from the game but some of them need to go. BADLY.

f f freak
08-02-2007, 04:00 PM
I've put Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger purely because I don't believe they have ever been released in the UK (Could be wrong I don't know) and I'd like to play them.

Albel
08-02-2007, 05:53 PM
The Star Ocean games, only because I've plays the 3rd one and that game was great.

ReloadPsi
08-04-2007, 05:59 PM
I am appaled at how few votes there are for Star Ocean Blue Sphere. I mean come on, unless you spoke Japanese you never even got to play it! That's hardly fair!

I also voted Legend of Mana for no particular reason, as well as Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross as I think it's about time we got those over in Europe, something a remake would just about guarantee.

Slothy
08-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Parasite Eve. The game managed to create a creepier atmosphere than most actual survival horror games. Since it's the sort of title that could actually benefit from better graphics and surround sound, I think a PS3 remake properly handled would be a good thing. Not that I think any such remake would be properly handled were it actually made.

feioncastor
08-28-2007, 08:13 AM
I'd like to see Rad Racer ported to the PS3. And they should Nobuo to compose a whole new soundtrack for it. But they should leave the graphics and gameplay as it was.

I'm the only person I know (in real life, that is) who is familiar with Einhander. I'm sure that many people here are, but this is kind of a poor place to take a sample like that. Einhander was a lot of fun, and it's still challenging.

And didn't Squaresoft have a major part in the creation of Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars? That game was really sweet, and I'd want to see it remade if I was sure that S-E would be heavily involved in the process. I mean, the fights in that game involved a lot of timing and action, whether you were just attacking or using a special. It seems like they could cool stuff with that on the Wii. Like Geno Whirl. Or Geno Beam. Or even Geno Blast.

Bolivar
08-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Parasite Eve. The game managed to create a creepier atmosphere than most actual survival horror games. Since it's the sort of title that could actually benefit from better graphics and surround sound, I think a PS3 remake properly handled would be a good thing. Not that I think any such remake would be properly handled were it actually made.

YO...I need to play PE on surround sound. It's actually one of the next games on my playlist, so i'll have to do that. ASAP.

ReloadPsi
09-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh crap, I never mentioned Parasite Eve! Both of them would be awesome, especially as again, the first didn't come out in Europe. Square treat us like crap.

Bolivar
09-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Oh crap, I never mentioned Parasite Eve! Both of them would be awesome, especially as again, the first didn't come out in Europe. Square treat us like crap.

damn, i guess they do.

Cyric
02-27-2008, 03:51 AM
I dunno if it's still in the works, but around the time when Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children came out, SquareEnix was rumoured to be working on remaking FFVII itself, into the image of AC. In other words, instead of being a midget on the battlefield, you'd get to see Tifa in all her full-figured glory. :)

Zeromus_X
02-27-2008, 05:41 AM
Please don't revive threads that are this old. In the future, please look at the dates of previous posts in a thread before replying to a topic, in order to avoid thread necromancy. Thanks!