PDA

View Full Version : A question for those who don't own a next-gen sytem

Nifleheim7
07-31-2007, 11:14 AM
I still don't have any next gen console,and to tell you the truth i don't really care.YET.
So,my question is:which are the games that will make you buy your first next-gen system?
My list
1.FFXIII FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS project(except Agito) for PS3
If i don't have a PS3 by then,these games will make me buy one
2.WHITE KNIGHT STORY for PS3
Another game that is a system seller for me.After playing Dragon Quest VIII it made me an instant fan of everything Level5 developes.I'm currently on the lookout for all their previous games.
3.GRAN TURISMO 5 for PS3
I'm a huge fan of the series.The only racing game that i like and follow since the first GT.The E3 video made me drool...
4.RESIDENT EVIL 5 for PS3 and Xbox360
Resident Evil 4 brought fresh air into the series in many ways although i'm still not very happy about TPS mode...Oh well.After watching the trailer i'm very excited about it!
5.ETERNAL SONATA for Xbox360 (and probably PS3 as well)
So far,this game looks like it will be one of my favourite next-gen games.From the intriguing gameplay to the dreamlike sound and graphics this game screams of pure awesomeness!
6.FOLKLORE for PS3
I don't know much about this one as of yet but it looks much like my kind of game.Although the plot (at least at the beginning) reminds me a lot of SH2,still it has a mysterious atmosphere that i like a lot.

Of course there are more,like the next game from Team Ico (for PS3),the next Tomb Raider (PS3/360),Devil May Cry,Silent hill 5 (although recent news are very discouraging imo) and maybe the mistwalker titles (for 360).
So yeah,these are the games that so far are making me want to buy a next-gen system.And that system is obviously a PS3.
I will not buy one until next year though.
So what are yours?

edczxcvbnm
07-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Halo 3
Too Human
Rainbow Six Vegas
Gears of War

The hope of more Eternal Darkness. There are probably others but they are not really worth mentioning.

Playing Rainbow and Halo 3 online will provide insane amounts of wasted time :D

Yew-Yevon
07-31-2007, 06:28 PM
MGS4 for PS3
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/joshuakobsar/ME0000730227_2.jpg

Lair for PS3
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/joshuakobsar/1818properlair.jpg

LunarWeaver
07-31-2007, 06:45 PM
A few have enough pull to make me a buy a system over it, but Final Fantasy will hold the most cards for me.

Comet
07-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Grand Theft Auto 4. I was reading about it yesterday and it seems so awesome. For the first time, if you shoot somebody, for example in the leg, they will limp, and maybe fall to the floor. Nevertheless if they are still alive they would carry on fighting. Shoot somebody in the arm, they wouldn't be able to use it, e.g hold a weapon.

Shoeberto
07-31-2007, 07:16 PM
The hope of more Eternal Darkness. There are probably others but they are not really worth mentioning.
More Eternal Darkness... yes plz. But isn't Silicon Knights working on their massive multi-part space epic? I haven't heard anything but rumors for that saga to continue.

Twilight Princess would be enough for me to fork over for the new systems. If I had the money.

Gears of War, too. I played that on multiplayer at a 360 LAN party and oh man...

Bolivar
07-31-2007, 07:17 PM
FF, GTA, MGS all hold that spot for me. Definately a few others but I'm definately going with a PS3 when the time comes

Hazzard
07-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Grand Theft Auto 4. I was reading about it yesterday and it seems so awesome. For the first time, if you shoot somebody, for example in the leg, they will limp, and maybe fall to the floor. Nevertheless if they are still alive they would carry on fighting. Shoot somebody in the arm, they wouldn't be able to use it, e.g hold a weapon.

I wanna get this too, but I'm hoping it goes multi-platform, if it doesn't then I'll have to purchase a Xbox360 and a PS3

scrumpleberry
07-31-2007, 08:20 PM
For the wii -

1. SSBB
2. That crystal chronicles game
3. Zelda (I know, it's already out...)

Dragonsoul
07-31-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm buying Xbox 360 this fall for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, possibly Mass Effect, although I'll rent the other Xbox 360 rpg's this fall also. In the Spring I was considering buying a Playstation 3 and getting White Knight Story, but I have less interest in that now. I'll buy Playstation 3 when Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out in Usa, probably Fall 2008. The only rpg I really like on Wii would be Zelda, if I had more time and money I could have bought that a year ago. At that time I was just returning to console gaming and bought FF VII: DoG and FF XII, both for PS 2.

Lawr
07-31-2007, 08:36 PM
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

edczxcvbnm
07-31-2007, 09:42 PM
More Eternal Darkness... yes plz. But isn't Silicon Knights working on their massive multi-part space epic? I haven't heard anything but rumors for that saga to continue.

Twilight Princess would be enough for me to fork over for the new systems. If I had the money.

Gears of War, too. I played that on multiplayer at a 360 LAN party and oh man...

Denis Dyack has said that there are plans for more Eternal Darkness but before they finish that 10 year project they need to finish up their 15 year project in Too Human first. Too Human probably just took a big delay though because Silicon Knights has filed a law suit against epic for breach of contract with the Unreal Engine.

Here is to the XBox: Xtreme Chainsaw Juggling...AKA XBox 3 XD

Odaisé Gaelach
08-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Maybe. Maybe.

Other than that, there's nothing at all that would make me want to buy a next-gen system.

tetsuyabh
08-01-2007, 03:35 AM
Absolutely, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, FF, and Heavenly Sword*.

*Andy Serkis is the Artistic Director!

Tavrobel
08-01-2007, 03:36 AM
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

DK
08-01-2007, 04:18 AM
The only PS3 exclusive I care about is MGS4, but I don't think I've ever wanted to play a game so much in my entire life. Other than that, waiting for Blue Dragon to come out before getting a 360.

Zante
08-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Final Fantasy, GTA4, Splinter Cell, Fallout 3...
I am most deffinitely getting a PS3 eventually, I am just waiting for a price drop.