PDA

View Full Version : Vive La Resistance!

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Who is your favorite group of rebels who stood up to fight the establishment in the FF universe? Yeah I have a pretty good idea who will win but you have to say why they are the best as well...

Avarice-ness
08-01-2007, 07:06 AM
My god this day is happening.

THE ANSWER IS..

Avalanche.

I mean all anti-FF7 aside, if there was a perfect idea for a rebel group it'd be them.

Sorry Returners, Ya'll didn't blow things up to get your point across, talking doesn't always fix things you know~

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Lady Yuna & Co. after discovering the truth n.n

They're some kind of group...right?

08-01-2007, 07:17 AM
Even though FFII is the only FF game I played and really, truly, hated, I'll say the rebels of FFII. It had the whole star wars edge to it. Plus it seemed more like an actual military resistance rather than a small underground organization that didn't do much (returners) or a terrorist group (avalanche). That adds legitimacy.

Odaisé Gaelach
08-01-2007, 07:27 AM

On a related note, what about the Al Bhed?

Ramza Beoulve
08-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Where is Ramza's team? they are also fighting as resistance versus the Lucavi.

Hazzard
08-01-2007, 10:07 AM
FFII

It was an organized rebellion group unlike the others, and actually had a believable amount of forces to aid them, not an unrealistic amount like seven or eight people. A whole village was supporting them, and the whole epic feel was great when you were assigned to missions and such.

tetsuyabh
08-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Poor Returners.

They actually got :skull::skull::skull::skull: done. Unfortunately, AVALANCHE didn't seem to have done anything at all until Cloud showed up, and he's not even a member.

THE ANSWER IS..

Avalanche.

I mean all anti-FF7 aside, if there was a perfect idea for a rebel group it'd be them.

Sorry Returners, Ya'll didn't blow things up to get your point across, talking doesn't always fix things you know~

What anti-FF7?

Hi, please don't double post. Use the edit button if you should have something to add. Hugs and kisses from Levian.

Slothy
08-01-2007, 01:39 PM
FFII

It was an organized rebellion group unlike the others, and actually had a believable amount of forces to aid them, not an unrealistic amount like seven or eight people. A whole village was supporting them, and the whole epic feel was great when you were assigned to missions and such.

I haven't made it all the way through FFII before, but the Returners were organized. They also had more than seven or eight people. They had plenty of nameless NPC's, not to mention the dozen or so characters you can get in the game. If it isn't obvious, I give the Returners the nod.

Bolivar
08-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Kanno, you're on a roll with these threads

AVALANCHE were definately some modern day revolutionaries. Returners were cool too.

But I gotta give it to the rebel forces in FFII. Also how it gets glorified in FFIX (33 small nations united together) it was really cool and for such a small game the idea of it all is very epic, plus the 3 main characters go from messenger-boys (& girl) to the commanders of the rebellion. Forget VI and VII, FFII should be remade on PS3!

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2007, 08:12 PM
The reason I didn't put the others is because most of them are not really organizations who wish to topple a specific establishment. Ramza is trying to stop the Lucavi whio are manipulating the Church and the War but it's never stated that Ramza is actually trying to topple the Glabadoes Church.

Yuna's group does have the issues with the Maester's after Seymoure is killed but that's more personal and it never felt like the other Measter's cared (until they stormed Bevelle and learned the truth a little) but once again like Ramza's team, Yuna and company never change their objective to actually toppling the powers that be. Yes they get rid of the Maester's, but as anyone who saw that scene knows, it was completely unintentional.

As for the Al Bhed, once again the Al Bhed never actually try to stop Bevelle through military force, they tried to end the racial hatred of their clan by using Machina to destryo Sin thus proving the Maester's wrong and gaining acceptance. They never actually plan a military campaign or actually speak about overthrowing the powers that be.

Basically it come down to the fact these games featured established rebel organizations with some military power or at least the power to actually do something. These groups have specific goals and were not formed accidentally in the course of the game cause the group just happened to stumble upon the truth. In hindsight though, I should have mentioned the Death Corps. from Tactics though;)

Hazzard
08-01-2007, 08:25 PM
FFII

I haven't made it all the way through FFII before, but the Returners were organized. They also had more than seven or eight people. They had plenty of nameless NPC's, not to mention the dozen or so characters you can get in the game. If it isn't obvious, I give the Returners the nod.

I haven't played that game, but it's my opinion anyway.

Captain Maxx Power
08-01-2007, 09:24 PM
The rebels from FF2. They were the only ones who actually got round to defeating their intended target. All the others were either killed/someone else did it for them.

Comet
08-01-2007, 09:26 PM
AVALANCHE because they were saving the planet, not destroying anything!

Slothy
08-01-2007, 09:47 PM
AVALANCHE because they were saving the planet, not destroying anything!

The Mako reactor at the start of the game disagrees with you. :p

McLovin'
08-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Timber Owl's! The three member of it do so much rebel work ;)

Comet
08-01-2007, 11:00 PM
AVALANCHE because they were saving the planet, not destroying anything which keeps the Earth going!

Edited :D

Griff
08-02-2007, 02:09 AM
I look at it this way. There would be no FF universe without fans, so fans count as being part of the FF universe. And as part of that universe the establishment tells us that FF7 is the best through its many sequels/prequels/spinoffs. One can then argue that the people that speak out against the blatant FF7 fanboyism are a resistance movement and, as fans, are part of the FF universe. Therefore I believe the anti-fanboys are the best resistance group in the FF universe.

As for the military force part, believe me, we're working on it.

Ace14
08-02-2007, 09:50 AM
AVALANCHE!! They're just...better. :D What about Tantulas? They were theives, they resisted the law!

Hazzard
08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
AVALANCHE were nothing until Cloud came, they were some clueless yolks who would of got killed in their first mako reactor DESTROY mission, if it weren't for that spikey blond kid.

Wedge was the only logical one!

Pete for President
08-02-2007, 11:06 PM

Agreed!

Bolivar
08-03-2007, 12:28 AM
I look at it this way. There would be no FF universe without fans, so fans count as being part of the FF universe. And as part of that universe the establishment tells us that FF7 is the best through its many sequels/prequels/spinoffs. One can then argue that the people that speak out against the blatant FF7 fanboyism are a resistance movement and, as fans, are part of the FF universe. Therefore I believe the anti-fanboys are the best resistance group in the FF universe.

As for the military force part, believe me, we're working on it.

:D

:eek:

Kuldian
08-05-2007, 01:23 AM
AVALANCHE because they were saving the planet, not destroying anything which keeps the Earth going!

Edited :D
No, mako reactors were killing the planet, guess you didn't follow the story very well were ya? :p

blackmage_nuke
08-05-2007, 07:47 AM
The Timber Owls cracked me up

Tempest
08-05-2007, 02:24 PM

THE ANSWER IS..

Avalanche.

I am shocked! When I first saw your post I was sure you'd pick the Returners. xD

Anyways, either Avalanche or the Returners, I really can't decide.

Northcrest
08-05-2007, 07:29 PM
I like the FFVII Rebels but VI is close 2nd.

Laddy
08-05-2007, 07:33 PM
The Resturners, as they were actually rebelling well, AVALANCHE was a good one, too.

Heath
08-06-2007, 01:02 AM
I think that the Returners also had a sizeable amount of support for them as well. Figaro, at least, was backing them and I'm sure there would be support for them in the other towns that were occupied by the Empire. Then there's the main characters and the Espers which all join forces against the Empire, so I say them.

Dynast-Kid
08-06-2007, 01:48 AM
WTF? The Marquis's Resistance armies! Not only did they have the support of anyone who wasn't Archadian (besides the neutral sides i.e. Viera), but they had a massive rebel fleet that was capable of rivaling the majestic Archadian armadas.

Mirage
08-06-2007, 02:20 AM
The Returners, but I might be a tiny bit partial.

The Crystal
08-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Avalanche. Not the one of the original game, but the one of Before Crisis.

That Avalanche was badass. A huge army(almost the same size of Shinra), with warriors, monsters, robots, many Materias, cientists, bases across the world, their own version of SOLDIER(the Ravens), and the woman leader, that could probably fight against Sephiroth(or survive him at least). And the group/army was being sponsored by Rufus Shinra himself.

And they are so hardcore. They do everything possible to destroy Shinra and save the planet, reaching the point of trying to use the Junon Cannon to destroy Midgar and everyone in it., and many other horrible things.