PDA

View Full Version : A chick-flick

Hazzard
08-01-2007, 10:11 AM
They're actually alright, so why do males act like their so unbearable to watch? Or are they covering up their real feelings and trying to look hard...:mog: action can wait, time for some romance!

What do you think of chick-flick movies, do you think males are being false when they strongly say that they hate them?
Tell me some of your favorites?

Rengori
08-01-2007, 10:19 AM
I hate chick flicks, they're boring and cheesy.

XxSephirothxX
08-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Because most of them aren't any better than all right, if they even achieve that status. A predictable and sappy romance with generic comedy elements and cookie cutter plot twists isn't what I watch movies for.

I will make an exception for any chick flick with John Cusack in it, because John Cusack is awesome. Serendipity, for instance.

tetsuyabh
08-01-2007, 11:10 AM
They're actually alright, so why do males act like their so unbearable to watch? Or are they covering up their real feelings and trying to look hard...:mog: action can wait, time for some romance!

What do you think of chick-flick movies, do you think males are being false when they strongly say that they hate them?
Tell me some of your favorites?

I thought that was a misnomer, chick-flick, since it's usually men and women seeing them, regardless of who is willing and who is not.

kikimm
08-01-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't think guys are lying, or trying to be macho when they say they find chick flicks unbearable. I find them to be absolute :skull::skull::skull::skull:. Once in awhile there will be one that's okay, like Fever Pitch, but otherwise I stay far away from them. It's a waste of my time to watch a movie where I already know exactly what's going to happen, and the rest of it isn't good enough to make up for that.

Miriel
08-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I freakin' love chick flicks.

One I'm completely infatuated with right now: Pride and Prejudice (2005 version).

It's a lovely lovely movie with really superb acting and stunning cinematography. There are moments in the film where I just want to dive into the screen and drink it all up.

I made my boyfriend watch various chick flicks including Bring it On and Moulin Rouge. :D

Yukki-Chan
08-01-2007, 06:28 PM
For me there are two types of Chick Flicks, the stupid tweeny ones starring Hillary Duff and whatever puffed up Princess happens to be starring and the ones featuring people of older ages.
These in my opinion are the better ones (Also loved Serendipity) The acting is just better and it doesn't feel like it's intended for little kids. That and it just seems more believeable to find the love of your life at that age. In teen movies the girl nearly always has to bend over backwards for the guy or if they actually happen to be one of those power girls that seem to be cropping up, their spine is quickly ripped out and they turn soppy at the prom.

Doomie
08-01-2007, 06:31 PM
I cried at the end of The Notebook.

Seriously, no. Chick Flicks suck.

Craig
08-01-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't really watch chick flicks, and it's not because they're bad or because I'm trying to be macho. It's because I have no desire to watch them.

Just like girls don't like watching action movies or whatever.

Araciel
08-01-2007, 06:59 PM
chick flicks aren't bad...some of them have good stories...they're just boring as all hell. i need violence or space ships or swords and magic or ghosts...if chick flicks incorporate those elements, and many do, i will watch them.

Rengori
08-02-2007, 07:31 AM
chick flicks aren't bad...some of them have good stories...they're just boring as all hell. i need violence or space ships or swords and magic or ghosts...if chick flicks incorporate those elements, and many do, i will watch them.

Shaun of the Dead (sorta).

Shiny
08-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Meh. I don't usually like them, because they have the tendency to be too sappy but I did get into The Sweetest Thing (http://imdb.com/title/tt0253867/). Yet, that was probably only because it had comedy in it. :jess:

I Am Stoner
08-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Shaun of the Dead (sorta).

A bit yes. But that was mostly about how zombies came back and tried to eat people. lol.
Although it was kinda like chick-flick, but there was hardly any bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Pride and Prejudice was actually allright. But all those other :skull::skull::skull::skull:y films just piss me off

Except for American Pie, coz its funny as fuck.

Bunny
08-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I will make an exception for any chick flick with John Cusack in it, because John Cusack is awesome. Serendipity, for instance.

This statement bleeds truth and awesome. Serendipity is a great movie and John Cusack is a delightful chap.

Also, Shaun of the Dead is a rom-zom-com. Yes, it is.

The majority of chick flicks are "lol bad" but some of them are really good. Even the bad ones are decent enough to watch. I enjoy a chick flick every once and awhile.

10 Things I Hate About You is a good movie. :x

Laddy
08-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Meh... I don't like macho films or chick flicks. :p

Hazzard
08-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Chick-flicks just make me laugh, and that's why I watch them most of the time.

Breine
08-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I have nothing against chick flicks. I actually think that many of them are quite alright - I know they're not great movies like e.g. The Godfather or Chinatown, but so do the people that make them. They're not supposed to be works of art, but just more like "hollow entertainment" that will make you forget the world and what's going on for a second. That said, of course there are some horrible chick flicks out there - most of them with Hilary Duff and Lindsay Lohan. Anyway, here are some examples of chick flicks that I actually enjoyed:

- The Sweetest Thing
- The Holiday
- The Family Stone
- Charlie's Angels 1 & 2
- Clueless
- 13 Going on 30
etc.