PDA

View Full Version : Grandia 1 !

Fuzoya
08-01-2007, 04:12 PM
I searched for Grandia, but I couldt find any interesting threads on the 3-4 first pages :P
So anyways!

I made this thread because I've simply love the game Grandia!
I want to hear what the others who have played it have to say about it and why you liked it :)
When it comes to myself I really really love the characters, the battle system, the story, the music....everything is really good and mixed together.
Hm , I've played the game several times through on the playstation version.
I have also played Grandia II, but the first one was better :D

When you play the game you get a close bound to the characters and thats really amazing how the characters have different personalities like they have.
They mix really good into the story!
I cant really discribe this feeling I've got when it comes to the characters in the game:p
Im pretty sure I will never ever forget this game's story.
The battle system is just insane!
I love it so much, too bad there isnt many games with this kind of system.
Noiyuki Iwadare has composed Grandia's music.
There are some tracks from the game wich is unforgettable.
When I listen to the music my emotions are awakened, some songs are sad while others are the opposite.
This music makes me really happy.
Just like Nobuo Uematsu and Yosunori Mitsuda's music does, and I guess most people on theese forums know their music pretty well ^^

Well , thats about what I was supposed to write I guess.
I hope I havent forgot anything :P
Anyways I would love to discuss and see your opinions on what I mentioned here :D

This may be a bit of a messy post :mog:

Dreddz
08-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Grandia is one of the better PS1 RPG's, I awkwardly own the Saturn version though. Grandia didnt excel in the story department in my opinion, but it had the most awesome battle system, probably my favourite. This is why Ive kept with the series. My only problem is the translation, this didnt effect the later games as much, however there stories werent as good, and considering Grandia's isnt even that great, thats not good at all. I still think they perfected the battle system in minor ways throughout the series. But its getting kinda dated now.

They need to make a Grandia IV. They just need to take some risky moves with the battle system to get it noticed in todays RPG mix. And spend at least two days thinking about the story, not just one.

Fuzoya
08-02-2007, 12:39 AM
I think the story is pretty good actually :p
But when it comes to final fantasy , final fantasy is way better when it comes to storylines.

Venom65437
08-02-2007, 01:11 AM
I've played every Grandia except the first one... I have bought number 1, but just haven't had time. Anyway, I love the music and fighting in all the Grandia games, insane fun. The stories? Ehh... not so much...

Markus. D
08-02-2007, 02:07 AM
Loved the gameplay <333

Feena's Time Gate took awhile for me to finally obtain

Levian
08-02-2007, 12:19 PM
The battle system was awesome. Yummy mana eggs

Fuzoya
08-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Hehee, to obtain Feenas spells you really have to play for a while :D

scrumpleberry
08-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I love this game so much I can't even begin to explain why. It is awesome. :love:

Craig
08-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Strikethough!

Ha! Slice you in two!

I've been right at the end of this game now for about 6 years and I can't beat the last boss. Maybe I'll replay it and not suck so much this time.

Fuzoya
08-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Strikethough!

Ha! Slice you in two!

I've been right at the end of this game now for about 6 years and I can't beat the last boss. Maybe I'll replay it and not suck so much this time.

Reminds me of the first time I played the game!
The first time I played it I didnt manage to kill Baal at all.
At that time my cousin let me borrow it, so I gave up at let he had the game back.
But then I saw the game in a gamestore, and I was like....OMG!
I had never ever seen it ever before, I thought it was a really rare game!
I bought it in an instant!

Firstly;I played throught the game skilling weapons and magic a lot!
It was pretty simple to beat then :D

But I've beaten the game a few times now, but I've never ever got it 100% complete when it comes to magic levels and weapon skills.
Thats what Im gonna do next time :tongue:

I really love this game, its amazing!

Fuzoya
08-02-2007, 06:27 PM
For some reason It wouldt let me edit :eek:
just loaded and loaded.
What I was supposed to edit one of the sentences to

"At that time my cousin let me borrow it, so I gave up at it and let he have the game back.
But then I saw the game in a gamestore, and I was like....OMG!"

:)

Carl the Llama
08-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Grandia II was far betting IMO the battle system in Grandia was great but the leveling of the magic I couldnt stand... much easyer to get Magic Coins and so on like in GII. Havent been able to play GIII as it was never released on pal :/

Craig
08-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Grandia II was far betting IMO the battle system in Grandia was great but the leveling of the magic I couldnt stand... much easyer to get Magic Coins and so on like in GII. Havent been able to play GIII as it was never released on pal :/

It wasn't?! Madness.

scrumpleberry
08-05-2007, 12:25 PM

I know, isn't it terrible.

:cry:

Baloki
08-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Grandia <3

The Returned
08-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Oh I simply love grandia. I was so sad when sue had to leave the party, I started to cry. I remember the music when you were climbing the big wall and on disc two where you found this hidden side quest. I really liked the spooky music in grandia 1. I also loved the relationship between feena and justin. I defeated the last boss on my first run through the game. My favorite game on ps 1 and maybe all-time favorite.

Grazia
08-11-2007, 06:30 PM
To sum up a review in the PS magazine in 2001: Poor Graphics but great adventuring.

Grandia is without a doubt one of the best RPG's to grace the PSX system, sure it doesnt have the amazing graphics like SOME games out there, but it more than made up for it with a storyline that was interesting & wonderful game play that made you stick with it. It didnt need to be fancy & complicated to make it enjoyable & its replayable without getting boring

A lot of RPG makers could learn a lot from Grandia 1