PDA

View Full Version : Dodgeball DS - 8 player wifi

JKTrix
08-01-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't know how many beats my heart skipped when I saw this. (http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/user-news/16262-dodgeball-ds-w-8-player-online-scans.html)

Super Dodgeball Advance was the first game I bought with my GBA, back when I was a bonafide noob and hardly knew anything about video games. And I loved it to death. I would definitely put Dodgeball Advance in my top GBA games list. I'll have to see if I can find my old cart when I get back home, I completly forgot about it until I saw this article.

While the scans are really small (I can't read much Japanese anyway), it's going to be 8-player online. Judging from a couple of images, it looks like you can physically attack other players if you're close enough. I don't know how I feel about that, but at least they're not just porting it (though I'd be entirely content with that).

The thing about Super Dodgeball is that it was pretty wacky while still having a little bit of depth. You could throw and catch, just like normal dodgeball. From what I remember, you could catch everything as long as you had your timing right. Then you had Super Moves, and you did a different super move depending on your position (forecourt, backcourt, running, mid-air, etc). They came out in a variety of ways, thwarting any catching attempt if the target was not paying close attention.

Then you had your teammates on the sidelines of your opponent's half of the field. You could pass the ball to one them, and they could either pass it back to you or throw it at one of your foes (no super moves though). I believe you could, if you had the ball, temporarily knock out one of your foe's sideline teammates (who are on your side of the field).

Actually, looking at the images on that site again, it appears that the people who are doing the physical fighting are the sideline teammates. That's pretty cool.

One of my favourite things to do was:
-get a running start
-pass to one of the sideline teammates
-leap into the air
-get sideline teammate to pass back while in the air
-spike it into the nearest surviving enemy

Of course, this had a huge disadvantage of I missed or if the opponent caught it. I would land in their half, and therefore be completely vulnerable to attack until I could get back to my side.

Great, great fun. I need to dig up the GBA game again, and I'm super excited for this game to come out. I don't see this game being very text-heavy, so it should be a safe import.

Araciel
08-01-2007, 05:27 PM
i still remember super dodgeball for NES and the hours and hours of fun i had playing it....i'll definitely buy this!

Jowy
08-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Super Dodge Ball was the most racist and bigoted game on the NES.

That being said, I want it bad.

hi james i love you <3

Araciel
08-01-2007, 06:56 PM
i like the second last level- china...with the music it was awesome!

love you too muffintits