PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 3 :)

McLovin'
08-02-2007, 09:31 PM
If any of you have Warcraft 3, could you go into you Warcraft folder and find a file called "war3.mpq" (not sure on the name but its an .mpq file)
and could you please upload it to Megupload or another site so I can download it on my own computer? I will truly appreciate it.

o_O
08-03-2007, 03:56 AM
Google and various <a href="">torrent descriptions</a> say that war3.mpq is between 400 and 420MB. I doubt you will have any luck finding it by itself over HTTP. The best suggestion I have is use a torrent but only download that one file.

If you have the CD it's located in the root directory of that, so it would be easier to copy it.

McLovin'
08-03-2007, 04:32 AM
All torrents I've seen have the whole game and I don't want to spend days to download it...

I don;t see a link to just .mpq.

o_O
08-03-2007, 04:58 AM
The torrent I linked in my post isn't packaged into a zip or executable. Neither is <a href="">this</a> one. You just need to open the torrent in your client and deselect the files you don't want.

McLovin'
08-03-2007, 04:59 AM
I didn't you realize you linked something. Sorry. :)

How do i deselect a file?

o_O
08-03-2007, 05:18 AM
Depending on what client you're using it may vary, but generally, follow this process:
- Double click the torrent file so it opens your torrent client.
- When it asks you where to save the file, select a save location.
- Also look for the list of files in the torrent (usually accompanied by checkboxes) and deselect everything except the war3.mpq file.

:p

McLovin'
08-03-2007, 05:28 AM
I use the ever so simple and plain "BitTorrent." Guess I'll switch to uTorrent.

EDIT: But it looks good. I am only downloading that one file and its only 8 hours so yay. But still if someone has the actual file on the comp id appreciate if they could just upload it on megaupload. It's like a 20minute upload.

Baloki
08-03-2007, 12:23 PM
So we're allowing illegal download requests in the help forum now? ACE!

Can someone upload a copy of the simpsons movie onto Megaupload.com for me then :D?

McLovin'
08-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Whats so illegal of one file. :D

Del Murder
08-04-2007, 04:03 AM
If this file allows you to play a game you didn't pay for then it is illegal.