PDA

View Full Version : Graphics

Del Murder
08-03-2007, 02:15 AM
I found a way to make FFXI super pretty but it then goes super slow and laggy. What can I do to make it run better in higher resolution? Is it as simple as buying a graphics card? I've heard that it's more your CPU than graphics card.

Necronopticous
08-03-2007, 02:22 AM
It's both, depends on what you've got in your machine.

What video card and processor are you running now?

Del Murder
08-03-2007, 05:49 AM
CPU: 1.5 GHz Celeron. I don't know how to check my video card. I never bought one, so it's whatever came with my HP.

Markus. D
08-03-2007, 07:46 AM
It's both ^^~

More the graphics card though.

Rostum
08-03-2007, 07:53 AM
CPU: 1.5 GHz Celeron. I don't know how to check my video card. I never bought one, so it's whatever came with my HP.

Go to My Computer and click on View System Information on the left hand column. Then click on the Hardware tab and select Device Manager. Whatever is your video card will be listed in Display Adapters.

Just like other games, it is a combination of CPU, Graphics card and RAM, basically. With FFXI, it does not require that much at all, though you can go in and edit the registry files to bump up resolution of display and textures.

You could also put some kind of pseudo-anti aliasing, though I never tried it.

It's both ^^~

More the graphics card though.

I'd say it's more CPU and RAM than graphics card. It hardly uses much graphical power as the textures are such a low resolution and it actually doesn't use anti-aliasing.

Del Murder
08-03-2007, 08:02 AM
It says I have an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family. Is there something that would be better for the game?

I did edit registry files and that is how I made it look pretty. But I want it to run pretty and smoothly. =/

Mirage
09-04-2007, 03:20 AM
It's not the graphics card at all, in fact. It doesn't matter if you buy a Geforce 800000, it won't make FFXI run any better. Not at all. FFXI is 100% software rendering (except during character creation, lol), only a faster CPU will make the game run better.